N-Europe

Formula 1 2012

Retro_Link

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible qualifying!

Mercedes 1st and 2nd for the race tomorrow, it's going to be interesting tomorrow to see how they manage their tyres. Also, I wonder what the odds are on kobayashi getting a podium; we know they look after their tyres really well so if the Mercs go backwards we could see him moving up. Same for Kimi too.

LOVED Vettel falling out in Q2!

That truly was a great Quali session, how close was Q2? Even Vettel was pushed out of the top 10. Sauber are truly a team to be taken seriously now, not for the drivers championship but certainly contesting with Ferrari for 3rd place in the constructors. But the season is in 2 parts, just wonder how things will shake out.

Hahaha! Now that was great!!

Vettel out in Q2... perfect!

Have to admit I'm a tad worried about Kobayashi down into the first corner... please stay calm... please stay out of trouble!

That lap from Rosberg was immense, but yeah how will they fair once again in the race!

Hope Kimi gets a clean start from the dirty side and can challenge down into the first corner. Please have a bad start Kobayashi! and stay away Jenson!

Go Kimi! :D

Can BBC get rid of the main commentator, it's embarrassing hearing David Coulthard constantly correcting him.

"Vettel is on a slow lap here"

DC "he's just come out the pits"

I think Ben Edwards does a good job on the whole and will only get better, at least he's not annoying like Legard, and tbh I'm glad of the change from Brundle.

Given the top 10 I've got to say i'm more excited about this race than any in recent memory! Exciting man. Interesting to see that Mercedes were one of the slowest cars through the speed trap, looks like Nico in particular is running lots of wing to make sure he works the tyres well, but Michael seemed very confident after qualy...maybe he thinks Nico will overwork his tyres?

I don't think tomorrow is going to be a thriller but it should be fascinating enough. A stunner from Nico and the Mercs obviously have great pace and could pull of something special if they can only find a way around their tyre-wear problems. As is, Lewis is still the clear favourite - he's got the pace and consistency - but it's going to be a fight unless he gets a really good start with Kimi, Kamui and Jensen all ahead.

What a starting top 3 though - Nico, Schumi and Kamui. Won't see that often I think.

EDIT: Just gonna leave this here.

tumblr_m2hraxTtq01qlt7lao1_500.gif

Fantastic race! Loved it, especially seeing Vettel falling back at the end. Poor kimi and SO ANNOYED by Michael Schumacher having to retire :( Mercedes looked set for a 1-2 finish.

Massive congrats to Nico, he was fantastic today and has been all weekend.

It's early in the season but Mercedes have a championship winning car. Come on Schumacher.

Fantastic race! Loved it, especially seeing Vettel falling back at the end. Poor kimi and SO ANNOYED by Michael Schumacher having to retire :( Mercedes looked set for a 1-2 finish.

Massive congrats to Nico, he was fantastic today and has been all weekend.

It's early in the season but Mercedes have a championship winning car. Come on Nico.

Fixed for you :p

That was fucking awesome. A slow burner right until the final 15 laps when everyone's strategies played out and they were just non-stop whaling on each other from 2nd to 16th. Britney was peerless and was free to scoot off into the distance while the rest were going hammer and tongs.

Bad luck for Schumi, Red Bull I think probably made the best once again from their starting positions. Another 3rd for Lewis, got caught in traffic but a positive finish from 7th to finish top the points table. Button's 2nd makes Mclaren looking a shoe-in for the constructors already. Kimi's last 6 laps were horrible, they should have brought him in - leaving him out after his tyres were gone was never going to achieve anything.

And to show what great race and a crazy year it promises to be, Kamui Kobyashi made the fastest lap of the entire race. 3 races in and everything still all over the place.

I'm destroyed! :(

Lotus are absolute morons.

Why should Kimi bother Qualifying 4th if they're just going to destroy his race for him? Every pit stop he was falling futher and further back due to calling him in at the wrong time, leaving him having to try and make the last set of tyres last... and then that happened!! :weep:

Apart from seeing Kim's race utterly destoryed in the last few laps, it was a great race! :D

Some brillaint fighting throughout and with the cars so close it was pretty amazing, especially the finish!

Nico utterly dominated, well done to him!

And a good performance from Lewis to finish 3rd.

Michael was unlucky to have that happen.

Again it was nice to see Webber stick it to Vettel there right at the end!

I really think this a far greater reflection of the two Red Bull drivers. Vettel was immensely fortunate to get that car that suited him so perfectly last year and gave him so much confidence in terms of grip; where as it didn't suit Mark. Much better this year.

Only 1 week to Bahrain now!! :D

Rumours around that Bernie isn't attending the race!

Well when Schumacher retired I was so pissed off I turned the TV off...missed 4 or 5 laps!
Yep I thought of you when that happened, and how gutted you must have been.

It's just been a really unlucky start to the season.

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

That race was brilliant, Rosberg was pretty much flawless. Good for him getting his first win.

Shumacher was just really unfortunate, really bad luck.

Jenson's pit stop was also unfortunate, slowed him down alot. Such a great battle for the points though.

Vettel getting passed by Button, Hamilton and then Webber...he must of been fuming.

Such an unpredictable year this, well hope it continues like this throughout the season.

This is absolutely hillarious! :D Watching their faces is priceless, What legends!

*I'd recommend watching it on Youtube as the video player is bigger and you can see more*...

You can tell during the first part they're all like 'wtf is going on here' and 'oh no it's me next' and loving watching one another go through it. Then when they all get asked exactly the same question on the way back!

"Kimi, do you like Chinese food"

"Yeah I eat Chinese food, sometimes at home so it's good'

*Michael and Lewis trying not to laugh* :D

I wish there had been a behind the scenes camera for when they all left the studio!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah it's one of the best, genuinely funniest things I've seen in ages! :D

haha, yeah standing on the cable!

Alonso is brilliant throughout.

Their faces during the intro, especially Vettel's look of surprise/confusion at 0:32, followed by his clapping.

And I love how they just know how Kimi's gonna be under these condition... look how they're all leaning in/looking at him smiling at 6:28 before his questions.

I really wanna know what Alonso says to him at 7:29. :D

What's great about it is just how they all are together; how they can just be guys having a laugh/fun with one another.

I know we've said it before, but it's a special time in Formula 1 right now! They're great champions.

Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!