N-Europe

What is the world coming to?

Charlie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy rusted metal batman. I used to ride those trams all the time for my school commute.

I see the great London tradition of general misanthropy while navigating the various channels of public transport solo has crumbled here.

• Eyes forward.
  • No small-talk.
  • Avoid sitting next to a stranger at all possibilities.
  • Mentally castrate anyone who betrays the above while expressing grave looks.

Suddenly I'm surprised I never encountered something like this considering the claustrophobic isolation that haunts those trams.

Perhaps I missed something, but I don't remember her ever threatening anyone, or instructing someone else to harm anyone. She was expressing her opinion, and although, a rational person would disagree with her, she's still entitled to it. She never harmed anyone physically.

In English law, a person only has to feel threatened for it to be assault.

In English law, a person only has to feel threatened for it to be assault.

What a shitty law.

That was handled?

Anyway, she's not being racist there, she isn't event speaking a language.

My point exactly. People just ignored the racist comments she was making. She was simply dismissed as a crazy and nobody really cared.

As far as the language is concerned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

Yeah, because telling someone to fuck off and calling them stupid is the intellectual way to win a debate.

Hey, it worked for Einstein:

Bohr: Your dedication to upholding classical mechanics when physically explaining wave-particle interaction in the quantum realm flies in the face of our experimental knowledge.

Einstein: Oh fuck off.

Schrodinger: LOL.

As for the video, yeah she probably should have been arrested for public disorder, but doing so after the offence is pretty pointless. Also I hope her social worker will take a keen interest in this footage; that's no way talk around your own kid.