N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

Haden

With the forums down I had some time to finally do these!

N-Euro Middle League Round Seventeen

All Stars at home to Intergalactico, Peeps vs Mcoy, Phoenix against Bubbles, Seahawks away to Happenstance and The Sixty-Fourthers face Rabies.

*****Aqui1a All Stars 0-2 Intergalactico Stars*****

Intergalactico attacked with full force in this game after they discovered All Stars were behind some filthy rumours surrounding the club. Both managers earned five star ratings in this game and All Stars actually had more possession and chances, but it was Intergalactico who made the most of theirs and got the goals. Nikos Papadopoulos scored both goals from right inside the penalty area, assisted twice by Steve Austin.

***Real Peeps 1-0 Mcoys Sons***

Last round saw Mcoys Sons draw against Rabies in a new low-point for the once great club. It seems the players are enforcing a full on rebellion against their manager in protest against the stress and mind games Mcoy has had them endure this season. Four players for Mcoys Sons got themselves booked in this game and when it was clear that Real Peeps weren't going to manage a goal of their own despite two chances, Chukwueneka Ngozi of Mcoys Sons scored an own goal in the 74th minute to see Real Peeps win 1-0.

****Rising Phoenix 3-0 Bubbles FC****

The first minute of the game saw Thorsten Levander of Bubbles FC receive a yellow card and Martyn Torquey of Rising Phoenix get brutally injured and carried off the pitch. To avenge their fallen comrade, Rising Phoenix scored two goals in the first half of the game. A further scoring opportunity arose when Rising Phoenix were awarded a penalty kick but it was missed by Max Hendry. Darren Bolam of Rising Phoenix managed to make up for it in the second half with a goal in the 63rd minute. Bubbles FC's unlucky season continues.

***Happenstance FC 5-0 Seahawks***

Seahawks have had a bit of a roller coaster ride in the latter half of the season, after having had a solid six game run without a loss in the middle of it. They last lost against Intergalactico but since then managed to beat Mcoys Sons and The Sixty-Fourthers. Now Happenstance FC have beaten them 5-0! Godfrey Pascoe scored from a penalty in the very first minute and scores again 10 minutes later. Two more goals came before the first half ended and Seahawks were a shambles. The fifth and final goal came in the 49th minute, the second to be scored by Miodrag Panic and set up by Godfrey Pascoe.

***The Sixty-Fourthers 4-0 AFC ReZs Rabies***

Once again Rabies were unable to make a dent in their opponents defences. After an away draw against Mcoy last round, Rabies were showing some confidence but it soon wavered when they realised The Sixty-Fourthers are still a league above the rest. Sixty-Fourthers scored two goals in each half of the game, all scored by their forwards, with Dilchad Osman scoring two himself.

Most Important Result: Real Peeps 1-0 Mcoys Sons, Mcoy drops into third place and only a miracle will see him promoted now. He needs Rising Phoenix to lose and needs to beat All Stars himself otherwise the highest he'll finish is third place and as only two teams will be promoted this season he would be forced to repeat the Middle League. Real Peeps similarly need Mcoy to beat All Stars to have any hope of staying in the Middle League another season. Whatever All Stars get next round, Real Peeps need to match it or better.

Stylish Play: Intergalactico Stars, Steve Austin and Nikos Papadopoulos were an unbeatable pair in this game. Steve Austin set up both goals in the game and both were scored by Nikos Papadopoulos. The other players in the team looked on in wonder as these two players crossed the ball between each other.

Best Player: Godfrey Pascoe, Happenstance FC, was once again on fire for Happenstance, scoring two goals and setting up two more.

N-Euro Middle League Round Eighteen

It's the final round. Tensions are high. Mcoy, Phoenix, Intergalactico, Peeps and All Stars futures rest on these last games. Sixty-Fourthers, Seahawks, Happenstance, Bubbles and ReZ's fates have already been decided.

***AFC ReZs Rabies 4-2 Happenstance FC***

Rabies have a final moment of glory before being sent back to the lower league after a dismal performance this season in what is becoming somewhat of a tradition for the club. After two seasons in the middle league, Rabies were relegated in Season 17, only to rise up again in Season 18. Now after another two season stay, Rabies are once again relegated to the lower league. In their final game they played a risky 3-4-3 formation that paid off against Happenstance's 4-4-2. Rabies were already 3-0 up at half time but alarm bells were ringing in the second half as Godfrey Pascoe sets up 2 goals in 4 minutes to make the scores very close. Thankfully the next goal came from Povel Ahlenius of ReZs Rabies to see them win their last game 4-2.

***Intergalactico 1-1 Bubbles FC*

Bubbles also have a good game to end their time in the Middle League. Odran Campbell set up a goal for Alexandre Solano who scores for Bubbles FC. The first half ended with Bubbles on top but late in the second half, Intergalactico's Nikos Scabos managed to score an equaliser to deny Bubbles a final victory. Bubbles FC did well not to lose this game, scoring from their only chance on goal and shutting out 7 of Intergalactico's 8 chances.

***Rising Phoenix 2-0 Seahawks FC****

Rising Phoenix needed to win this game to be assured of second place and promotion. Against Seahawks, the result could've been anything. When Seahawks win a game, they go all out with their goals so when the first half ended 1-0 to Rising Phoenix, it was clear they were going to win. Rising Phoenix ensured that Seahawks would not have a chance to score any goals in this game but for safety, Caupolicán Candelas scored another goal for Phoenix in the 84th minute. Rising Phoenix finally earn a spot in the elite league after 6 seasons. The aptly named, Rising Phoenix, have actually been on the rise since Season 14 but have been stuck in the middle league for four seasons. And now, even though three heavy hitters came down to shake things up this season, Rising Phoenix's hard work has paid off.

****Real Peeps 1-1 The Sixty-Fourthers****

It was a tense game for the players of Real Peeps. They had to hope The Sixty-Fourthers would put their youth out for any chance of out-doing their rivals, Aqui1a All Stars. The first half went by with only one chance on goal which came from Real Peeps, however no goals were scored. In the second half The Sixty-Fourthers kicked things up a notch and scored from a long range shot in the 55th minute. Real Peeps were on the back foot now but showed no signs of backing down as they matched The Sixty-Fourthers for chances on goal. Finally in the 69th minute, Lennox Kilner crosses the ball high for Tommy Frampton to header it in and score the equaliser. Now Real Peeps' hopes rest on Aqui1a's result to be a draw or worse against Mcoy.

****Mcoys Sons 3-1 Aqui1a All Stars****

After an embarrassing five games without a win, Mcoy finally reconciles the feud between players and manager and goes all out to win against Aqui1a. Unfortunately as Rising Phoenix won their game, Mcoys Sons could only reach third place with this victroy, though they have managed to spell doom for their opponents who will be relegated in place of Real Peeps! The first half of the game was very close with both teams getting two scoring opportunities and both teams managing to score one goal each. The second half started 1-1 but Mcoys Sons were first to break the deadlock and go 2-1 up. After going into the lead again in the second half, the players of Mcoys Sons remember how sweet the taste of victory is and in the 62nd minute Jez Heckinbottom sets up a goal scored by Wyatt Rufus to ensure they have one more win before the season ends.

Most Important Result: Mcoys Sons 3-1 Aqui1a All Stars, this game had the most impact in the league as Mcoys Sons were already shut out from gaining 2nd place as soon as Rising Phoenix had won their game. The Sons stop All Stars from gaining any points which allows Real Peeps to scrape by on just a draw, putting them three points above their rivals. Had All Stars won the game, they would have easily beaten Real Peeps on goal difference and been safe from relegation.

Stylish Play: AFC ReZs Rabies, Rabies walked all over Happenstance in the first half to go 3-0 up and when Happenstance started to stage a comeback, they scored a final goal to seal their victory. Rabies whole team played well together in this game and managed 8 chances at scoring.

Best Player: Wyatt Rufus, this player has earned so many of these awards that he is surely running out of room! He has never faltered for Mcoys Sons in this season and is a true asset to the club. The 27-10 forward scored two goals for the Sons in their last game of the season.

99617946.png

League Diagram for round 18. Bubbles and Rabies are unfeatured but have been in 9th and 10th respectively, since round 13.

If this diagram is anything to go by then next season's top dogs may well be Intergalactico Stars and Mcoys Sons - if the latter's final game is a sign of them returning to former glory that is. For Happenstance and Seahawks, there has been no better time to aim for promotion as next season's relegated top league teams are of arguable lower standards than the three that came down for this season. Real Peeps may scrape by for another season but with Cubic County and Emo Blades coming up from the lower league, they will not have any easy games to rely on for wins.

For All Stars, Bubbles and ReZ. The lower league is filled with promising newcomers and old-hats with scores to settle. The Comerade Co-Op have finished third twice in a row now and been denied promotion both times. Next season they will surely be going all out for the top spot. Duds Baggies and Dragooooo are two new teams who are also not to be taken lightly.

Congratulations to The Sixty-Fourthers for winning the Middle League!: peace:

@gaggle64 @heroicjanitor @ReZourceman @Nikos9 @Aqui1a @Brian Mcoy @Happenstance

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how Aqui1a got so many chances away from home. Nothing wrong with my tactics but I only had 1 chance in the game. Whatever happened to home advantage? I don't understand how the game can be so one sided when the only thing he had over me was guessing my formation - but then I had his playmaker marked... I seriously don't understand this game sometimes.

Oh and one of my players scored an own goal. Fantastic. I swear sometimes this game predetermines the outcome regardless of tactics :p

Congrats Aqui1a, hope you win the whole cup :)

[edit] looking at it, my player's form was quite low so most of them played below their skill level. Although both my forwards played to two above their skill level... I guess they just never got the ball :p

Edited by The Peeps

I don't know how Aqui1a got so many chances away from home. Nothing wrong with my tactics but I only had 1 chance in the game. Whatever happened to home advantage? I don't understand how the game can be so one sided when the only thing he had over me was guessing my formation - but then I had his playmaker marked... I seriously don't understand this game sometimes.

Oh and one of my players scored an own goal. Fantastic. I swear sometimes this game predetermines the outcome regardless of tactics :p

Congrats Aqui1a, hope you win the whole cup :)

[edit] looking at it, my player's form was quite low so most of them played below their skill level. Although both my forwards played to two above their skill level... I guess they just never got the ball :p

I can't remember the exact percentage, but guessing your opponents formation gives a massive advantage. If you've just changed your own formation then it is guessed then its an even bigger advantage.

Why are you surprised man? It is just you I am awful against lol.

Anyone have any luck finding new recruits? If everyone could just ask one person that would be super.

I will do the cup draw for the semis tomorrow well done to the teams that got through.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjFBWHEIdDeV9RI2zL2oloT6Dv0hQObErmb1Ys_gM35ttge66S

With the quarter finals wrapped up it is on to the semi finals for the tea cup!

The first leg looks like this

64s vs Rising Phoenix

Emo Blades vs All Stars

It will be played over two legs again best of luck to everyone involved.

Check out the Team of the month btw guys! :p

Even though Silverdale away is very tough, and Essex are favourites in their game, i still have to put out my best team. I couldn't bear it if Essex lost and i didn't win because i put out a weaker team. :p

Maybe i'll win a title eventually.

:cry:

Congrats with your title Ellmeister :D

I'm glad for the win, but the injuries not so much. My most promising striker can't play the last match and his dv is only 14. I had hoped for better considering his age and potential. And my 23-9 defender who was seriously injured earlier this season has to play with a minor injury the next match. His dv is only 13. Another serious injury might lower his AV but I think I should gamble and play him. Way too many injuries this season! 3 serious injuries and like 7-8 red cards is not ideal...

At worst I will end 6th, but in a very unlikely scenario I can still end 3rd. Regardless a very good season.

I think the Final Three has won the team battle? Even if I drop the one spot(Odwin can't, only switch places with me) I think we will win based on most top weekly placings. @Haden do the math!

Pretty pleased with the win :) Congrats Ell on your league victory, but you owe me big time for that lucky win you had against me and for me beating Madpool today:heh:

Happy that we've reached 40 goals scored this season but annoyed that we've only kept 2 clean sheets all season. 5 of my losses were only by the odd goal so hopefully if we tighten up our defence we might be able to go for a title campaign.

Was nice for substitute Sidwell to pop up with a goal in what may well be his final appearance for the club before retiring from the game. Just need to make sure we don't lose by 4 or more goals away to Haden to ensure 6th spot which will be an improvement over 7th last season:santa:

Week 17

The Final Three: 24

Odwin 7

Eights 8

Cube 9

Hurricanes: 22

Elites 10

Bubbles 2

Blades 10

Legacy: 21

Haden 6

Inter 7

Co-op 8

The Number One Contenders 18

Mcoy 9

Rising Phoenix 8

Dyson 1

Chartreuse Trio: 16

Madpool 11

Rez 1

Peeps 4

… 15

Silverdale 5

All Stars 3

DuD 7

The end is near!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCR3dB8Luyp8tZgdEUYbfwGBgy8s7lugVzEC-DwoC8VDfVHBcOIg

Week 20

The Final Three: 24

Odwin 8

Eights 7

Cube 9

Hurricanes: 23

Elites 11

Bubbles 2

Blades 10

Legacy: 20

Haden 5

Inter 7

Co-op 8

The Number One Contenders 19

Mcoy 9

Rising Phoenix 8

Dyson 2

… 16

Silverdale 6

All Stars 3

DuD 7

Chartreuse Trio: 15

Madpool 10

Rez 1

Peeps 4

As we approach the final turn in the alliance table. There are battles raging top to bottom. The Trio could still not be last by themselves if Silverdale slip up badly against Haden, if Bru passes Haden the no 1 contenders and legacy will end up drawing. And the Final three and the Hurricanes will share top spot if Silverdale pass Eights in the last game.

The drama!

I feel like I am repeating myself and I am :P but in the christmas spirit of giving if anyone knows anyone that has a slight interest in videogames football etc sign them up I may have a team returning but the bottom league will still be lacking if we dont get two, ask away people! :santa:

Oh and congrats Ell! You deserved it bad luck Mad you will get the title soon.

Edited by Haden

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!