N-Europe

Paranormal Activity 3

Dog-amoto

The Final Destination was terrible (although it did have an awesome bit with an escalator shredding people), almost certainly because it was a rampant cash in 3D film. The first three were ace, though (in a totally enjoyable slapstick hyper violent type way). I haven't seen 5 yet, I really want to. Maybe this weekend.

PA is fantastically boring. I'd rather watch an elevator's CCTV.

The Final Destination was terrible (although it did have an awesome bit with an escalator shredding people), almost certainly because it was a rampant cash in 3D film. The first three were ace, though (in a totally enjoyable slapstick hyper violent type way). I haven't seen 5 yet, I really want to. Maybe this weekend.

PA is fantastically boring. I'd rather watch an elevator's CCTV.

I have and it's just like The Final Destination. Rubbish but with two good deaths. The last two aren't the same as the first three which is a shame but the fifth one wasn't fun at all for me, it just bored my tits.

Yeah, it's just pathetic really and the fact the ads say "The Best Final Destination Yet" is absolutely laughable. I wouldn't even rent it, I wished I waited for it to be aired on TV.

Yeah, it's just pathetic really and the fact the ads say "The Best Final Destination Yet" is absolutely laughable. I wouldn't even rent it, I wished I waited for it to be aired on TV.

What next, they tell stories of their nightmares to find a burned man is trying to kill them? Or maybe that there's a ten-foot hockey player with a machete waiting outside their house? Or heck, since it's about ghosts, there's a man waiting in the closet wearing a Ghostface mask...

When this was first released, it was kind of scary because there was that whole thing about whether it was real or not and then it was said that it wasn't, they've decided to do sequels and it's just took what scariness it had out of it completely. There's no need for a third one! ARRRGH! [/rant]

To be fair (and this might be a last time I am fair to this franchise), it's a very old school kids thing to do and this is set in like the 80s. Actually, I suspect a lot kids do it still. I did. ...and it creeped the fuck out of me.

I did it once and even when my friend tried to make me jump, I wasn't scared. However, it was a pretty funny prank to pull when I got his girlfriend to dress up in a white dress with ketchup on it...ah memories...

I'm sorry wut?

Who the hell ever thought this could be real?

The same people who thought The Blair Witch Project was real? Point is, they aimed for an authentic feel, and quite successfully at that. I guess that feel is somewhat lost for some people with sequels.

What Dannyboy said. Insidious and Buried creeped me the fuck out because of the authentic feel it had and this kind of did and didn't but as soon as a sequel come out, it lost that feel to me.

Oh okay.

I thought you actually meant it was real footage.

As in the events happened in reality.

Yeah, the feel definitely wasn't the same in the sequel.

But for me that was mainly because it was simply a sequel, I'd gotten used to idea a little.

• 1 month later...

I've seen the other trailer for it and I actually take back what I said. I think it actually has potential to be pretty cool. Some of the stuff in the other trailer actually looks pretty cool so I'm a bit intrigued. Might catch this in the weekend.