N-Europe

Rugby World Cup 2011

Murr

The England v Georgia match was great. Scoreline doesn't really tell the true story though because although that suggests it was comfortable, it looked anything but for England.

Great performance by Georgia. A much improved team over the last time I saw them play and definitely look ready for a go in the Six Nations. The issue there is who'd be dropped? Perhaps what they could do is the bottom team in the Six Nations could take part in a smaller round robin/competition against the other European teams wanting into the competition (Georgia, Romania, Poland, Russia, Portugal, etc.) and the winner of that would take the last spot. They do look like they'd put up more of a fight than Italy have shown at times.

Shocking to see Wales run so close by Samoa. Would have loved to have seen a scalp there but at least Wales held on.

And the France v Canada match at the moment... well I missed the first 10 minutes and came back to find it 10 - 7 to Canada. Now 13 - 10 France but looks like this may be a lot closer than it should be. Go on Canada!

this weekend should be good.

England vs Romania which you'd imagine England would destroy Romania, followed by New Zealand vs France.

hopefully that'll turn out to be a good game, I don't like France, but on this occasion would be good to see them overcome NZ like Ireland did Australia.

Well, I'm cheering for France but feel oh so bad doing it,

Brilliant game earlier this morning. England dominated! Awesome too see, need to maintain that form next week against Scotland.

Yeah, England dominated but you'd expect that against the weakest team in the group. It should be a different game against Scotland next week where I do think they'll need to step it up a notch (although I do expect England to win). They played well against Romania but there's still room for improvement.

Watching the Scotland match at the moment. Really tight match and a good watch this one. Only been penalty kicks/drop goal scoring so far but it's going to go right down to the wire in terms of who'll win. Scotland are making one too many handling errors though but they've been lucky that the Argentinian kicking hasn't been great.

edit: Well that was interesting.... 13 - 12 to Argentina in the end. Makes next weekend's matches much more interesting. Obviously the Scotland v England match should be a good one next Saturday but so should the Argentina v Georgia match.

Edited by Ganepark32

Why the hell aren't ITV showing the South Africa v Samoa match (Same for BBC not having it on 5 Live)? Seriously, probably one of the best matches of the tournament. Really physical one (literally as one of the Samoan players was red carded for punching in the face). Currently 13 - 5 to SA but it's Samoa who've been playing the best of the attacking rugby. Only a few minutes left but damn. Willing Samoa to get some more points on the board, although I think SA are safe now.

Why the hell aren't ITV showing the South Africa v Samoa match (Same for BBC not having it on 5 Live)? Seriously, probably one of the best matches of the tournament. Really physical one (literally as one of the Samoan players was red carded for punching in the face). Currently 13 - 5 to SA but it's Samoa who've been playing the best of the attacking rugby. Only a few minutes left but damn. Willing Samoa to get some more points on the board, although I think SA are safe now.

I watched it online, was a great performance from Samoa.

this world cup it appears that anyone can be beaten (excluding New Zealand who looked a different class so far)

The tournament is now getting really interesting, The Quarter finals looks great.

a potential Wales / Ireland quarter final, and potential England / France.

and Australia / South Africa quarter final (if Ireland can beat Italy and keep first place in their group.)

Englands group is really interesting. Alot for Argentina, Scotland and England to play for this weekend!

So, France getting beat by Tonga 19 - 14 was a massive shock. Late game try for France bringing them to 14 but still, not what I expected. They still went through in second but happy to see that the Pacific island teams (at least Tonga and Samoa) have given a really good showing in the tournament this time around.

Watching Scotland v England at the moment, 12 - 6 to Scotland at the moment. Not the best game but England are really poor in pretty much every area (why Wilkinson is still on the pitch taking kicks, I have no idea). Parks doing well for Scotland (lucky with that second penalty) but the match really needs a try from someone to kick it into another gear.

Shocking game for England, but luckily it seems we at least have enough depth to pull results out of nowhere. The way things have gone in the other groups it actually looks like we might make it to the final, which would be insane and undeserved. I actually think Ireland will be able to beat us though. NZ vs Ireland final?

Missed the Ireland v Wales game but definitely surprised Wales won that. Thought Ireland were looking good for a possible Final spot but not the case.

Missed the first half of the England v France game as we bar the last couple of minutes and England don't look great. Not sorted themselves out from their previous games whereas France seem to have gotten over the hammering to NZ and being beaten by Tonga. The final scoreline will probably be closer than it is at the moment (16 - 0 France) but I expect France will see the game out.

France were very good yesterday, I don't think England were expecting it, but then again England have looked flat all tournament, Ashton can do his shitty swan dive, but he should concentrating on trying to touch the ball first.

Did anyone see the Australia game, they got absolutley battered by south africa, and I mean battered and still came out with a victory great defence from them.

Yeah, I managed to catch some of the Aus v SA match and it was pretty physical for both teams. SA messed up so many chances for tries in that first half it was unbelievable. They'll be kicking themselves for that now cause they could have easily had a couple of tries in that first half and walked away with it a bit.

Still, Australia through to face New Zealand in the semis. That should be a good match, although I suspect NZ will win because they do look on top form. As for the France v Wales semi, I expect France to win but I wouldn't put it passed Wales to cause an upset.

NZ v France final is what I'm expecting, with NZ to win.

Both games were very interesting, I thought. England managed to get themselves into some great positions but then kept fucking up by dropping their passes or missing them altogether. France's kicking was also much better than theirs, and they made it count. The poor first half cost England in the end.

Wales were brilliant. They're a very brave team that will just keep on fighting 'til the end. The Irish are one hell of a team, so to beat them at this stage is awesome.

France next, though.