N-Europe

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Mr_Odwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After watching a review of the Thor omnibus and realising that its possible to get an unbroken run of Thor from the 90s to present day I may have gone and bought the others I needed that are still in print. Just one left from the 90s that will hopefully get reprinted one day and I'm sorted.

large-5775829.jpglarge-8075270.jpglarge-5310877.jpg

Decided not to go with Wolverine and instead start filling my earlier Uncanny X-Men gaps. I should only need volumes 1-4 as after that the stories are mostly collected in event omnis I already own like Mutant Massacre so volume 5 onwards would just be double dipping for me. Only vol 3 in print at the moment but I'm sure it won't take long for re-releases of the rest again.

large-9514584.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, but I did pick up an issue or two of Uncanny X-Men a dozen plus years ago and it was like an alternate reality or something. Wasn't like the cartoon as I'd hoped.

Yeah they've had a long history with quite a few alternate realities thrown in there. There was a comic series though which was just a continuation of the animated series. It got an omnibus release a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah they've had a long history with quite a few alternate realities thrown in there. There was a comic series though which was just a continuation of the animated series. It got an omnibus release a few months ago.

I didn't realise they made an omnibus version. I may have to check it out. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ah, that's not the series I was thinking about. I thought you were talking about X-Men 92. 

Ah ok yeah. That one does have an "omnibus" as well but it's one of those fake paperback Panini ones that they like to call omnibus'.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ah ok yeah. That one does have an "omnibus" as well but it's one of those fake paperback Panini ones that they like to call omnibus'.

Yeah, just looked at it on Amazon. I may pick it up. It's cheap enough and the series seems to have ended with the 10 main issues and a mini series, so there's no worries about having to pick up more volumes.