NEurope
Dante

Virtue's Last Reward

Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you? :p

Unfortunately, my jizz is too precious to waste on an IGN review.

Haha um yeah I'd love it. :blank:

But in all seriousness this does look very promising!

I got my copy from Amazon for only £18! Its says its more but when I checked out it was only £18. Most of my US "friends" on the 3DS are all playing this, It should be a great game!

Save Data Bug.

"As discovered by a user on NeoGaf, if you save your game while in the Pressure Exchange (PEC) puzzle room or Crew's Quarters puzzle room, it can cause a corruption of your save file that can only be resolved by deleting your data and starting again; considering the fact there's only one save slot, that's a big problem. It's possible that the error can also occur in other puzzle rooms, so the advice is to save before entering them. There are other crashes that occur outside of this that kick you out of the game, but if you restart right away and check your save data you may, if the gaming Gods are smiling on you, be fine to resume your game."

"At the time of writing there's no suggestion of a patch from publisher Aksys Games — the bug is only on 3DS, not PS Vita — and it's an issue that was in the Japanese release from February this year. It's disappointing that it wasn't resolved before localisation, and based on its presence in the North American version we expect the same problem to exist in the European equivalent, which arrives on 16th November.

So remember, don't save in any puzzle rooms."

Damn... just Damn.

I was thinking about getting this game later on, but do you guys n gals expect a low print-run? Do you think it would be best to get this reasonably close to release?

I'd say get it close to release if you want to be safe. Otherwise you risk paying a ludicrous amount of money if there is indeed a low print run. Though from memory Rising Star usually prints a decent amount of copies.

That's the beauty of the Vita version, no inflated prices because it'll be on the store.

Can't wait for this. :)

eShop release confirmed. £30 which isn't too bad, but you can get the retail copy for £22.50/£25.

Really loved the demo of this today - it was as satisfying and addictive as I thought it'd be. It would be academic suicide seeing as I recently bought Pokémon White 2 and Layton 3DS right in the middle of essay season, but this just being there on the eShop for £30 is probably going to be too tempting to resist.

My only issue with what I played was the weird, slightly awkward CCTV-like filter you have to see the world through on the bottom screen. Is there some sort of plot-related reason for that?

Ah didn't realise this and Virtues Last Reward are the same... should I change the thread title?

Never really been into point and click or "novel" games before but was just trying the demo and was enjoying it. A lot of text to get through at the start but once I got control the puzzles were very interesting.

Might pick this up in the New Year if I find it at a good price

Ah didn't realise this and Virtues Last Reward are the same... should I change the thread title?

Yes. Yes, you should.

It would send Aneres's hype levels through the roof.

I wouldn't buy this game with the expectation that there's going to be less text to go through once the game gets going, by the way. Just something to keep in mind!

Enjoyed the demo, could have maybe picked a better puzzle for the demo, too much going between rooms. But yeah it's good. :) Considering getting the digital version.

And yup, Japanese voices.

I bought 999 in preparation for this, but I am really not getting it at the moment.

Story seemed quite basic at the moment and I am seeing a LOT of locked doors.

I haven't got that far, escaped from 4 to 5 rooms. Will it get better or am I just never going to get into the game if I don't like it by now?

:hmm:

Keep in mind that, like most visual novels, there are several endings and you will need to play the game at least twice - and make different choices - to see the real ending. Different paths focus on different characters and come with their own twists and surprises.

So stick with it! I think the story's great.

Also if it's anything like the first it's impossible to unlock the true ending the first time. ;)

Another beaming review

"Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is nothing short of a masterpiece. Riveting from beginning to end, it sets a new standard for interactive storytelling, and demands an emotional investment from the player that ultimately pays off with one of the most satisfying endings in recent video gaming memory. Unless you have yet to experience its prequel 999, there is simply no excuse for you not to play this game."

10/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/zero_escape_virtues_last_reward

Edited by -Dem0-

That's the beauty of the Vita version, no inflated prices because it'll be on the store.

Are you under the impression it won't be on the eShop?

Ah I just remembered!

Was you able to fight the temptation?

All I live for right now is 'Has constitutionalism been refuted?' Getting this game right now would not be conducive to that.

Are you under the impression it won't be on the eShop?

Not since somebody told me it would be on the 'shop'

(This is all news to me. I didn't even know there was the capacity to download 3DS games and I have one!)

My Vita version has shipped from ShopTo. :D I paid a couple of pounds more than Amazon to get it a bit earlier.

My 3DS version has already arrived. Too bad I'm stuck in a hotel in London for the next two nights. Once I get home on Friday, it's bye-bye social life.

There was no excuse to not order this. Great reviews and a decent price at Tesco - easy decision.

It's a shame that my copy has been sent to my new place, and I haven't moved in yet!