NEurope
Dante

Virtue's Last Reward

Yep a local store had about 6 copies at release, they are all gone now. It probably had a very small print run.

Jesus what a game! I was massively into Lost back in the day, so this was right up my alley, but what an epic, bamboozling and down right daft story told in such a sublime way, and loved the basing of things in real life ideas and philosophies. What a treat! Quick question for those that have completed it all tho

is the very final end when you take over 'Kyle' and his body, only to find out you are, infact, "?" ? As intriguing as this was, I thought there was more to come but can't find anymore story threads to go to, so is that it, will I never know if doctor sigma's plan worked or not?!

Jesus what a game! I was massively into Lost back in the day, so this was right up my alley, but what an epic, bamboozling and down right daft story told in such a sublime way, and loved the basing of things in real life ideas and philosophies. What a treat! Quick question for those that have completed it all tho
is the very final end when you take over 'Kyle' and his body, only to find out you are, infact, "?" ? As intriguing as this was, I thought there was more to come but can't find anymore story threads to go to, so is that it, will I never know if doctor sigma's plan worked or not?!

The part where you're '?' is the secret ending you unlock if you finish every puzzle room on hard, so yeah, that's it as far as this game goes.

Buuut they're making a sequel, so presumably that one will be about what really happened all those years ago.

The part where you're '?' is the secret ending you unlock if you finish every puzzle room on hard, so yeah, that's it as far as this game goes.

Buuut they're making a sequel, so presumably that one will be about what really happened all those years ago.

is that a direct sequel, do you know? Just like lost, left on a cliff hanger, so I do hope they address that ending, I'm not complaining at all, just feels like there is so much more, but I guess after 35 hours of gameplay I shouldn't expect too much more!! Thanks for confirming that tho :) oh and p.s did you work out the bomb code secrets? I think it's hinted at in the last secret file you earn. One of them doesn't make sense to me so wanted to see if anyone else had bothered to look in to it!

is that a direct sequel, do you know? Just like lost, left on a cliff hanger, so I do hope they address that ending, I'm not complaining at all, just feels like there is so much more, but I guess after 35 hours of gameplay I shouldn't expect too much more!! Thanks for confirming that tho
:) oh and p.s did you work out the bomb code secrets? I think it's hinted at in the last secret file you earn. One of them doesn't make sense to me so wanted to see if anyone else had bothered to look in to it!

You might enjoy this post.

As for the bomb code secrets, you could check this thread. I didn't find them very interesting, personally.

You might enjoy this post.

As for the bomb code secrets, you could check

this thread. I didn't find them very interesting, personally.

Thanks for these, really appreciate the links :) I do enjoy it when you think you're the only one, yet down the rabbit hole so many others speculating, wondering and enjoying the mythology! Anyway clearly played too much of it this eve, cheers again!

Thanks for these, really appreciate the links :) I do enjoy it when you think you're the only one, yet down the rabbit hole so many others speculating, wondering and enjoying the mythology! Anyway clearly played too much of it this eve, cheers again!

Well, when you feel like going down the rabbit hole again, you might be interested in

this tweet from the writer of the game.

Though if you haven't played Ever 17, it'll just leave you even more confused. :p

Well, when you feel like going down the rabbit hole again, you might be interested in
this tweet from the writer of the game.

Though if you haven't played Ever 17, it'll just leave you even more confused. :p

You just had to tease me didn't you ;)

I am googling blick winkle and ever 17 to see how it could all fit into VLR, thanks! :D haha, ah I love this sort of stuff, I never did play ever 17 so this is all new/mind bending for me, so yes confused, but interest peaked! My dreams are going to be mental tonight...

Can I just say I played the demo, it was interesting but I didn't LOVE it. I also found it pretty hard, but I only played it for 10 minutes.

Is this game worth getting?! I love stuff like point and click games, profesor layton and such. Loved Another Code DS but didn;t like the wii version and couldn't get on wit hotel dusk...

Well, first I'd say that you should definitely start by playing 999 on the DS first, because it'd suck if you enjoyed this game and ended up spoiling its predecessor in the process.

I haven't played Another Code (it just looks really boring and the plot seems pedestrian at best), but it's really the story that makes Virtue's Last Reward so great. I can't imagine you'd get a good grasp of what's going on in ten minutes, and it's the kind of game that gets more interesting the further you get into the story. It's definitely worth playing if you enjoy great stories.

As for the difficulty level, you can play puzzle rooms on easy, at which point the other characters will outright give you the solution to some puzzles if you're stuck long enough, so the game really isn't that hard. :heh:

Isn't 999 really hard to get too? Didn't realise the game was so connected as playing this could ruin 999!!

Amazon.co.uk still has plenty of copies of 999 in stock. I think they reprinted the game in preparation for the sequel.

You can play Virtue's Last Reward without having played 999, but some revelations won't have the same impact and yeah, it does spoil some of the biggest plot twists in the first game. You should definitely start at the beginning, and 999 is awesome anyway, so you've got nothing to lose. ;)

Virtues seems hard to find too. It's on the eshop isn't it?!

Amazon have the US version video videogamesplus, do US ds games work on the 3DS or will I have to use my normal DS?

Just bought 999 :)

Actually went direct to videogamesplus and bought it for 12.99 + 5 for postage. So loads cheaper than amazon!

Virtues seems hard to find too. It's on the eshop isn't it?!

Amazon have the US version video videogamesplus, do US ds games work on the 3DS or will I have to use my normal DS?

Just bought 999 :)

Actually went direct to videogamesplus and bought it for 12.99 + 5 for postage. So loads cheaper than amazon!

Good spot - I was literally just about to tell you that it's cheaper on VGP! That's where I got mine from!

I ordered VLR from Amazon for £17 but I've been waiting for it for ages! Don't want to cancel and pay £30 on the eShop though!

Good spot - I was literally just about to tell you that it's cheaper on VGP! That's where I got mine from!

I ordered VLR from Amazon for £17 but I've been waiting for it for ages! Don't want to cancel and pay £30 on the eShop though!

Yeah just preordered VLR from shopto for £25, not bad. If 999 is that good then I may eshop it if it's £30. Not terrible.

Though looking at my DS collection I have about 20 games yet to be played... Need to plough through. Especially before the madness arrives late spring!

All DS games that are region-free on the DS (so, most of them) are also region-free on the 3DS.

I didn't even think to check VGP, which is funny, because that's where I bought the game from back in the day. I would definitely make 999 a priority, though. I don't need to know what twenty DS games you still need to play to know that 999 is better than most of them. ;)

All DS games that are region-free on the DS (so, most of them) are also region-free on the 3DS.

I didn't even think to check VGP, which is funny, because that's where I bought the game from back in the day. I would definitely make 999 a priority, though. I don't need to know what twenty DS games you still need to play to know that 999 is better than most of them. ;)

Spectres Call, Ghost trick, aliens infestation, dawn of sorrow, kingdom hearts, bowsers inside story, ninja gaiden, pheanoix wirhg t3, apollo justice, alice in woderland... I could go on :)

pheanoix wirhg t3

This sounds awesome.

I love Ghost Trick and it's not too long, so there's something you could play while you wait for 999. ;)

Kingdom Hearts on the DS is trash, so I'd skip both of those unless you absolutely must play every game in the series.

I love Ghost Trick and it's not too long, so there's something you could play while you wait for 999. ;)

I'd have to go along with that.. can't recommend the game highly enough :hehe: If you have time after that, get stuck into Dawn of Sorrow, my favourite Castlevania game (although it was my first.. :heh:)

Oh oh oh, the game (PSVita version) arrived today. Just started it, had to pause when in the first room

The screen shows this bunny thingy and it says: "I am Zero III ! The king of this kingdom."

Such a great way to begin the game. The atmosphere from 999 is back and I feel like I will become paranoid again when playing Virtue's Last Reward late at night :D

And Edit: The German version has the Japanese Dub, as it seems. :) Love it.

NONARY GAAAAAAAME!

36257721.jpg

Another Edit:

Soporil-β, Alice, Clover? A mysterious man in a suit of armor who calls himself K and suffers from generalized amnesia?

Chromatic doors, the 3 (yes, 3!) main colours, complementary colours...

Zero an AI, supposedly created by one of the participants...

Oh man...I'm psyched :D

Edited by drahkon

I think all PAL copies have Japanese audio. If you're playing it on the Vita, you could have imported the American release, which has dual audio. :p

Ally or Betray?

Was in the room with Phi and she told me "Betray" is the only logical choice.

I was thinking about if for 10 minutes - I'm not kidding.

Should I trust and go with 'Ally'? Should I betray because it makes the most sense?

So many factors to consider. But in the end...I went with 'Betray'.

Now I feel kinda bad about it...

In an era of gaming where 'moral choices' are a big selling point, no game has ever made me think about making the 'right' choice that much than Virtue's Last Reward.

Just reached my first ending.

Alice died, and apparently Sigma died, too (was killed?) and then: Game Over

Great.

Finished three rooms so far (well, two, if we don't cound the first one as 'a room').

Got all the gold files from them, too. Nice little touch, the extra information you get, raising more questions than answering existing ones :D

Everybody should just play this game.

The gold files are really terrible when it comes to spoilers. I recommend only reading them after you've reached the puzzle room after the one you got them in.