N-Europe

30 Minute Gamers Podcast now part of Blueprint & #1 Videogames podcast on Podomatic!

flameboy

Okay, don't take offence but I skipped twenty minutes of the episode because 1. I don't like the new Doctor Who and 2. I don't like it but I'm going to try and watch it again.

Great episode from what I heard. Dead Space 2 is the dog's bollocks! Love the game and I agree, do not play it unless you're alone in the dark! Wish you guys all the best of luck in Extra Life but if you're looking for some games, go to HMV and look in their bargain bins, they sell new games for £5 just because it has no cover. I got Splinter Cell: Conviction, UFC 2010 and GTA: Episodes from there (though the last one was a gift for someone that I regret giving away because now I can't find it, haha)

Also, dude, The Goonies is on 5 this Sunday!!!

Non taken! I wasn't even aware that he was recording! lol.

Good to know you are still listening anyway! :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I'm with Dazz on this, the Dr Who part I did skip as I'm not really a fan of it.

I liked your point on Nintendo should of thought a little harder about the control scheme for the 3DS, if it is powerful enough to play ported cube games, why not have a control scheme in place to do this.

I'd love to see F Zero on the 3DS, along the lines of GX on the Cube, that was awesome.

Sounds like you guys have your time planned for Extra Life.

I'm in the same boat with Mike regarding Starfox 3d. When I fly to Mauritius end of October its a 12-13 hour flight, and while they will have films on, I doubt they'll all be worth watching, so I need a nice long game to fill the time.

I thought about Starfox, but remember how quick it can be completed (albeit only once) so was thinking of picking up Dragonquest as I missed out on it for DS, or Maybe Legend of Zelda Spirit tracks.

but at the same time.... god I want Starfox pretty badly :p

best of luck with Extra Life.

Guys, I may not post in here as much but I'm ALWAYS listening. Also, Mike, I WANT THAT MARCUS STATUE!

I want Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS and I'd like to see Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB on there too. If they were on it, I'd buy it instantly!

Thanks glad to hear we still have your support :D

Why is the latest episode MP4 format? We don't all have ipods! Grummble mumble moan - goes off to convert to mp3.

really is it?! oooooh wait I know why that has happened as a tester I added chapters to the file....never realised that would be a side effect. Will correct it and re-upload the episode.

Why is the latest episode MP4 format? We don't all have ipods! Grummble mumble moan - goes off to convert to mp3.

Flameboy's shoddy editing!

None of this when it is my turn! ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say, technically I think it was me suggested trying out the chapters thing since a big chunk was off topic but yeah I didn't realise either that it would change the format... My fault! ha.

Edited by Mike1988uk
Added Text!

30 Minute Gamers Episode 17 - Look! Up in the Sky! Is it a Bird? Is it Plane? No, It's CLOUDS!

Join Adam Ducker & Mike Luckett in this episode of the 30 minute podcast where we return to our regular two topic format! This episode we discuss Cloud gaming specifically around the new On Live console and what it offers. With out second topic being the hooks of online gaming. If you like what you hear then we love to receive feedback or any gaming related questions you would like answering on the show! Please send them to our e-mail address [email protected], tweet us @30MinuteGamers, find our open facebook group '30 Minute Gamers' or simply leave a message via podomatic! Thanks for listening!

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-10-09T18_40_54-07_00

Cheers Cooky!

Yeah Episode 18 is up!

30 Minute Gamers Episode 18 - Big Finger...Big Hand? Or Both!!!

Join Adam Ducker & Mike Luckett in this episode where we discuss games we have currently been playing for Extra Life 2011 plus getting confused over talking about a boss with the same game music from a mega drive game!! If you like what you hear then we love to receive feedback or any gaming related questions you would like answering on the show! Our Extra life donation page is http://tinyurl.com/ne-extralife and our live feed will be viewable from this link: http://tinyurl.com/ne-extralifestream, hope you can see us taking part and hopefully donate, it's all for a good cause!

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-10-13T11_13_47-07_00

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 19 - 24 Hour Gamers

Where in the 30 Minute Gamers discuss the aftermath of their 24 hour Extra Life Marathon along with a quick look at this weeks Playstation Vita News.

As always you can listen to the show over at blueprint review:

http://blueprintreview.co.uk/2011/10/30-minute-gamers-episode-19/

or direct at

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com

Views, opinions and feedback welcome as always :)

Shit, I was gonna add something. I shall get back on the bandwagon now.

Nice one, all contributions will be awesome!

I've got 3 episodes to catch up on, will do this today. Work has been friggin frantic recently and I tend to listen while at work.

Hopefully I'll have a nice 1 1/2 hour session where I needn't move from my desk today.

Nice one! Did wonder where our number one fan had got to!

Episode 17 -

I shall continue to mention Mauritius just as much as you mention the 3DS, can you believe i'll be going to Mauritius on Saturday 29th October!

Plus something big will be happening then you'll find out in a thread I post tomorrow ;)

Agree with Mike, I'm kinda old fashioned too, I don't really want to stream games, tv or films.

I'm sure though i'll grow to like it eventually, and can only imagine that eventually it'll be the standard way to watch tv or play games. maybe a few years away from being standard, but I can imagine it's cheaper streaming tv and downloading games for companies making the games.

as for expensive games, alot of Nintendo titles still seem very expensive, such as Mario Bro's Wii, that's still close to £30 in GAME pre-owned.

Episode 18 -

A Very enthusiastic HI!!!

Bio-ware are pretty damn awesome, Knights of the old Republic 1 & 2, and Jade Empire on the old Xbox were quality games.

Another mention of Mauritius, but Mike, when I'm back do you fancy doing the campaign on Insane mode co-op? for some very annoying reason all my friends are trading their copies of GOW3 in tonight at midnight for Battlefield 3. While it is a good idea, they normally at least complete insane mode first, but this time the offer is too good to get Battlefield for £4.99 if GOW3 is traded.

As for my current gaming.... F1 2011, Gears of war 3, and most recent... Arkham City... which is most definitely a contender for game of the year which you discussed a few episodes back!

unfortunately work has been rather mad again today and I couldn't find time for episode 19. Hoping tomorrow will be calm and I can fit it in before I GO TO MAURITIUS!!! :)

Good work lad's! keep it up!

Episode 17 -

I shall continue to mention Mauritius just as much as you mention the 3DS, can you believe i'll be going to Mauritius on Saturday 29th October!

Plus something big will be happening then you'll find out in a thread I post tomorrow ;)

Agree with Mike, I'm kinda old fashioned too, I don't really want to stream games, tv or films.

I'm sure though i'll grow to like it eventually, and can only imagine that eventually it'll be the standard way to watch tv or play games. maybe a few years away from being standard, but I can imagine it's cheaper streaming tv and downloading games for companies making the games.

as for expensive games, alot of Nintendo titles still seem very expensive, such as Mario Bro's Wii, that's still close to £30 in GAME pre-owned.

Episode 18 -

A Very enthusiastic HI!!!

Bio-ware are pretty damn awesome, Knights of the old Republic 1 & 2, and Jade Empire on the old Xbox were quality games.

Another mention of Mauritius, but Mike, when I'm back do you fancy doing the campaign on Insane mode co-op? for some very annoying reason all my friends are trading their copies of GOW3 in tonight at midnight for Battlefield 3. While it is a good idea, they normally at least complete insane mode first, but this time the offer is too good to get Battlefield for £4.99 if GOW3 is traded.

As for my current gaming.... F1 2011, Gears of war 3, and most recent... Arkham City... which is most definitely a contender for game of the year which you discussed a few episodes back!

unfortunately work has been rather mad again today and I couldn't find time for episode 19. Hoping tomorrow will be calm and I can fit it in before I GO TO MAURITIUS!!! :)

Good work lad's! keep it up!

Thanks very much murr glad to still be getting great feedback like this.

You're going to propose to your girlfriend! :hehe:

*Random speculation*

Another mention of Mauritius, but Mike, when I'm back do you fancy doing the campaign on Insane mode co-op?

A MASSIVE YES!

I do need a gaming partner to do it with so that would be great. You got a second controller? Was thinking that if we both had a second controller signed in as a guest xbox live it might count as 4 player co-op and be able to get that cheevo! Playing in arcade mode it doesn't matter if you die as long as someone is still alive as they would automatically respawn and I don't think a AI team mate would be any good so wouldn't be missing out there.

I listened to 20 minutes of the last show and it's really good. Will look out for your new ones. :)

Awesome! :)

You're going to propose to your girlfriend! :hehe:

*Random speculation*

Good theory! I was thinking along the same lines...

Seperate mention excluding above quotes

Flameboy and I have been discussing some possible new ideas for the podcast and trying to get other people involved more... we will let you guys know when we have decided what we are doing! :)

Edited by Mike1988uk

A MASSIVE YES!

I do need a gaming partner to do it with so that would be great. You got a second controller? Was thinking that if we both had a second controller signed in as a guest xbox live it might count as 4 player co-op and be able to get that cheevo! Playing in arcade mode it doesn't matter if you die as long as someone is still alive as they would automatically respawn and I don't think a AI team mate would be any good so wouldn't be missing out there.

Awesome, well yeah when I'm back then I'll deffo be up for completing it, and Yeah I've got a 2nd controller so can just plug that in and leave the character in cover somewhere while we progress and kill the locust / lamnent.

got into work at 7 this morning, so listened to episode 19 while it was quiet.

I like how you managed to fill 30 seconds of the time with the 'outtake' when introducing the show.

I know what you mean about feeling hungover after an all nighter, I Tend to drink the green Monster stuff when having a gaming night, and yeah the next day end up feeling rough as assholes despite not touching a drop of booze.

you managed to do an episode with little mention of the 3DS. times are changing guys :p

Awesome, well yeah when I'm back then I'll deffo be up for completing it, and Yeah I've got a 2nd controller so can just plug that in and leave the character in cover somewhere while we progress and kill the locust / lamnent.

I have also two mutators unlocked, big explosions and perfect reload which should come in handy! :D

you managed to do an episode with little mention of the 3DS. times are changing guys :p

Haha yeah, we didn't even try to avoid it! lol.