N-Europe

Curb

Wesley

I bought the boxset of seasons 1-7 a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently working my way through that and it's pretty good :hehe: Pretty.... pretty... good :grin:

Before the purchase, I had only seen episodes from season 6 and 7 so was a little worried that I might not like the earlier episodes quite as much. Thankfully, I was very wrong :heh:

It'll be a while before I get to the new season, I'm sure.. but it'll no doubt be worth watching!

I bought the boxset of seasons 1-7 a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently working my way through that and it's pretty good :hehe: Pretty.... pretty... good :grin:

Before the purchase, I had only seen episodes from season 6 and 7 so was a little worried that I might not like the earlier episodes quite as much. Thankfully, I was very wrong :heh:

It'll be a while before I get to the new season, I'm sure.. but it'll no doubt be worth watching!

Some of the early episodes are just brilliant. My favourite moment from the early seasons has to be the bit in the first season (I believe that's where it is) where they're at the screening and Larry puts the bottle of water down his trousers. Everything after that moment is hilarious :D

Watched the premiere last night and thought it was good. Looking forward to seeing the other kinds of awkward moments Larry puts himself in over the course of the season, although it'd be hard pushed to go beyond the main one in this episode.

• 2 months later...

So... um. Anyone else kind of disappointed in this season? One of the things I really liked about seasons two and up was that they all had overarching storylines. This season was just "Larry spends half the season doing nothing in Los Angeles and then he spends the second half of the season doing nothing in New York". I didn't think he'd be able to top the Seinfeld reunion arch, but this was just... not good. :sad:

That said, individually most of the episodes were good. Not Curb Your Enthusiasm at its best, but entertaining nonetheless.

I really miss Cheryl, though. Way too little of her this season and waaay too much of Jeff's wife.

So... um. Anyone else kind of disappointed in this season? One of the things I really liked about seasons two and up was that they all had overarching storylines. This season was just "Larry spends half the season doing nothing in Los Angeles and then he spends the second half of the season doing nothing in New York". I didn't think he'd be able to top the Seinfeld reunion arch, but this was just... not good. :sad:

That said, individually most of the episodes were good. Not Curb Your Enthusiasm at its best, but entertaining nonetheless.

I really miss Cheryl, though. Way too little of her this season and waaay too much of Jeff's wife.

I agree there have been some great stand out scenes but as a whole it was sorely lacking. I think at this point its fair to say he should have ended it with the Seinfeld reunion episode. If they are insistent on sending Larry to new places to keep it interesting hell send him to England for some absurd reason!

Eight seasons and as strong as ever.

EDIT: Although I did miss some of the story-ness of it, I never thought that was Curb's strongest point anyway.

As for "them" sending Larry places to keep it interested, who are "they"?

This thing is largest an LD affair.