NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Spoiler

Fantastic stuff! The moment when Goku got peed off after Jiren tried to blast his friends was epic.

I knew Frieza would have a role to play but when 17 showed up I went absolutely nuts.

This video was taken in a bar where they streamed the episode. Their reactions, especially at the end, are amazing.

Gutted that there's only one more episode to go. :( It's been a hell of a ride.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Well...now we know where all the animation budget went into :D

Incredible episode. Seeing Goku this mad 'cause of Jiren's attempt to attack his friends was chilling.

And of course...No 17. What an awesome guy.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gutted that there's only one more episode to go. :( It's been a hell of a ride.

Indeed...but Dragon Ball will continue eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by drahkon

Spoiler

Truth be told, since I fully expect Jiren to lose at this point, the whole fight was devoid of tension for me. The animation was pretty dang good, I definitely give it that, but the way the match was developing felt predictable.

...Until 17's return, when my heart skipped a beat. Holy shit, he's still going. Holy shit, he outlasted Vegeta. At this point, the major tension in the next episode will be whether he gets his boat or not :grin: Also, I want Freeza to get eliminated, but I'm expecting him to survive.

6 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Having checked da Zen Oh on some Wiki it confirms your story as their "alternative/secret" motive.

I have genuinely no idea what you mean here. The thing I said about the 8 bottom universes competing was stated at the beginning of the arc. Universe 9 (with the Trio de Dangers) had the lowest score among every universe, Universe 7 was second to last, and Universe 11 (Jiren's) had the best rating out of the eight (so, 5th best overall, I suppose).

Unless you mean my theory about it being a "Universe Development Index", which was just a reference to the Human Development Index :heh:

6 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Having checked da Zen Oh on some Wiki it confirms your story as their "alternative/secret" motive. Which I don't think has been revealed in the anime at this time? Otherwise there isn't much point in battling at this moment.

Dragonball Super ep 130 (Hide contents)

Well 17 coming back was a semi surprise. Even if he had self destructed there was no reason why he wouldn't appear on the stands. 

Spoiler

If he body was disintegrated then he wouldn't have appeared in the stands.

26 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Indeed...but Dragon Ball will continue eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

A new movie has already been announced, due out in Japan in December.

17 minutes ago, Jonnas said:
  Episode 130 (Reveal hidden contents)

Truth be told, since I fully expect Jiren to lose at this point, the whole fight was devoid of tension for me. The animation was pretty dang good, I definitely give it that, but the way the match was developing felt predictable.

...Until 17's return, when my heart skipped a beat. Holy shit, he's still going. Holy shit, he outlasted Vegeta. At this point, the major tension in the next episode will be whether he gets his boat or not :grin: Also, I want Freeza to get eliminated, but I'm expecting him to survive.

I have genuinely no idea what you mean here. The thing I said about the 8 bottom universes competing was stated at the beginning of the arc. Universe 9 (with the Trio de Dangers) had the lowest score among every universe, Universe 7 was second to last, and Universe 11 (Jiren's) had the best rating out of the eight (so, 5th best overall, I suppose).

Unless you mean my theory about it being a "Universe Development Index", which was just a reference to the Human Development Index :heh:

Spoiler

To be fair, there wasn't really any tension in the entire arc, we know Universe 7 survives after all.

There was a theory early on that there was some sort of plot with the Angels & the Grand priest due to some of the reactions when their universe got erased and the grand priest being a smug jerk.

Spoiler

I thought it was Frieza stabbing Goku in the back so he could finish off Jiren and get the Dragonballs.

17 still being alive was a genuine surprise.

Dragon Ball Super is over. :( 

Spoiler

The team up attacks were amazing, as was the music during the fight. So much hype, especially when Goku kept getting flashes of Super Saiyan.

I can't believe 17 was the last man standing. Great stuff! :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

Spoiler

The madman did it! :yay: C-17 wins the tournament! Holy crap, I'm so happy with this result. And the fact that the wish to restore the universes came from him somehow means more than if Vegeta, Goku or Gohan did it. Goku and Gohan are kind-hearted people, and Vegeta has believably mellowed down, but C-17 acted nihilistic throughout the entire arc. Him deciding to do the right thing actually feels like a new character development.

As it turns out, the "secret plan" from the Gods was a secret morality test. Do the right thing without us telling you to, or perish. How very Christian of them :heh:

Goku&Freeza working together is still weird. Gorgeous animation, though.

Against my expectations, the epilogue wrapped up everything nicely. I get the feeling this was the best way to handle it. Looking forward to the movie!

Oh, and also, the English dub of Dragon Ball Super did a thing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Pretty cool to see an unlikely trio teaming up to save the day. Good job Freeza didn't get to make the wish, although I'm pretty sure anyone else from U7 would have made the same wish.

Bit weird they revived Freeza and are letting him carry on doing his normal thing (as far as we've seen). Beerus was funny as usual. Not sure if Goku has become more like Luffy or Luffy is like Goku though.

Oh, also got myself a new wallpaper.

https://8tzipa.by3302.livefilestore.com/y4mCeGYM40rjuDl1T10IGqLeUK9d9_-ihWJv-ZizOsdOXR_-1cQWcL8BZUv0Fls6yuEPh6mrMQhMQII19ck1wMzcqjicybDlEUPiSZ9Mv-y58j8ouDsSfPmqTyz4Fh-TCPrDrIOKY_6Y4WthIpLzLZT6GvhzPT4BQHYPLqQslWDsbkviaEXtIe0xXG2ksnP-EWCBLstcoLXAKvzspvIKGQ4yw?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

7 hours ago, Jonnas said:
  Final Dragon Ball Super episode (Hide contents)

The madman did it! :yay: C-17 wins the tournament! Holy crap, I'm so happy with this result. And the fact that the wish to restore the universes came from him somehow means more than if Vegeta, Goku or Gohan did it. Goku and Gohan are kind-hearted people, and Vegeta has believably mellowed down, but C-17 acted nihilistic throughout the entire arc. Him deciding to do the right thing actually feels like a new character development.

Spoiler

basically a conversationalist, it didn't feel like that much of a surprise. I think if it came from 18 it would be more of a shock.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Since it won't seem to let me put this at the bottom of my post because editing around these quotes are irritating.

Looking forward to the movie though, is it going to be Masked Saiyan?

Spoiler

That's the end of One Piece. gg ez

Obviously not, but it's actually the first cliffhanger in ages that made me kind of interested in the manga again :D

I'm reading reddit comments on that chapter. They are hilarious :laughing:

• Like 1

Not sure if this is an early April Fools joke (the manga is real though).

For about the 10th time I’m trying to watch Dragon Ball Z Kai again. We’ll see how far I get this time.

Just read spoilers for the next One Piece chapter.

Fuck me, this conclusion to the cliffhanger is sooooooooooooooo boring. If the spoilers are true.

Edited by drahkon

Almost done with Yugioh Season 1-5 on Netflix since I never saw them with subtitles when I was little. I always I thought I saw like 10+ episodes but I actually remembered the entire Season 1-4 but I'm not familiar with the Grand Championship in Season 5 though. They almost teased the Speed Duel from 5Ds when Joey chased someone on a dirtbike in season 4 lol.  Would be nice if they add GX in the future.

I need to start to watch the Persona 5 anime asap. 

I tried watching the Persona 5 animation but eh... I don't really see the point of it. You take the game we've already played, take out a lot of the depth and complexity, give the main character a bland personality and there's really nothing else going for it. Better to just replay the game :p

Correct me if I'm wrong and the anime explores anything differently.

If there's anything I've always found a bit weak about Persona games, it's how your team always regards you as a great person and a leader, even though you don't really do anything that spectacular. If the anime wanted to do something right, it should go all-in with the main character, give them a lot of depth and motivation, rather than erring on the side of caution and worrying about upsetting the blank slate that the MC is expected to be.

11 hours ago, Shorty said:

I tried watching the Persona 5 animation but eh... I don't really see the point of it. You take the game we've already played, take out a lot of the depth and complexity, give the main character a bland personality and there's really nothing else going for it. Better to just replay the game :p

Correct me if I'm wrong and the anime explores anything differently.

Literally everything I've heard about that Anime agrees with what you say. That it's just a worse version of the game it's based on, and does nothing for potentially new viewers.

Hey those are pretty darn cool. And subtle enough to maybe even wear without feeling like a total weeb.

Edit: I got the Naruto/Sasuke panels and Gear Second tees :D

I know Avatar (not the blue people) is not an ‘anime’ in the Western connotation of the word, but I do think this belongs here, if not because it rides the fine line between an anime and cartoon, then because I’m sure that some people here have enjoyed it! 

Anyways, a month or two back, it was announced that Avatar: The Last Airbender would finally be seeing a complete series blu-ray release this summer, and some reviews for it are coming in from over the pond (where it’s already out). Visually and audibly, it seems to be the best version out there, and is supposedly vastly superior to the DVD release of the complete series.

Fingers crossed it makes its way over here. As someone who has made it a tradition to watch the show every summer, I’m really excited about finally being able to watch it without the blurriness visible throughout a lot of the DVD release :D 

Ordered 

goods_09_410899?$pdp-medium$

And

goods_03_410900?$pdp-medium$

They have some really good designs but they're only available in kid sizes. :(

goods_09_407578?$pdp-medium$

goods_03_411289?$pdp-medium$

• Like 2

Fuck man, The Promised Neverland just keeps on giving. Can't wait for the next chapter. @Kav are you still reading the manga?