mariah-carey-1.jpg

By

skillet.jpg

By Skillet

Enrique-Iglesias_2.jpg

By Enrique Inglesias

Echonest_OzzyOsbourne.jpg

By

Which is your favourite, or best, or which is the lesser of x evils, or which changed your life, or which was awful, or which. Etseterah. VOTE/tell me why. PLZ listen to them all though.

disclaimer - inevitably I'll miss out songs with the same name, and this will usually be on purpose - I only want like 5 or less songs to compete, otherwise it's too annoying and people won't do it. Maybe won't take part even now. So don't cry if your favourite bands song is missed out.

I meant no direspect Dazz, but come on!!!! You put 2 gay pop songs and 3 metal songs, you should really try to broaden your approach, here.

Why should he?

It's his game, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Your taste is no better than his. Your musical choices are no better than his. He doesn't have to broaden anything, he doesn't have to listen to what you think he should listen to, or cater the game to those who think their broad mind is above anyone else's.

Why should he?

It's his game, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Your taste is no better than his. Your musical choices are no better than his. He doesn't have to broaden anything, he doesn't have to listen to what you think he should listen to, or cater the game to those who think their broad mind is above anyone else's.

It's his game, yeah, but it's meant for other people to play. There's a wrong way to do it and a right way to do it... I'm not complaining about him including bands he likes, I'm just saying for the game to work, there has to be a more broad selection of musical types, instead of focusing on a specific song type or two.

Of course he can do what he wants, it's only fair... but just because you can act like a knob doesn't mean you have to. Learn that lesson.

I think we should just accept that people's tastes are too different to always be confined to a select few songs. People will inevitably have their own choice and I'd rather they submitted their real favourite than picking from a list of someone else's choices. More opportunity to hear something new and appreciate other people's tastes.

I don't think taste should even come into it - I personally think these games are much more interesting when each song is very different to the other. :/ Not about attacking music tastes here. I think they should be a showcase for different styles as much as possible. :) And like..Mariah and Enrique cover the same ground for me so I'd compress them into one (choose one) to keep things concise. For example. Whatever. Anyone can do what they want. *flies away*

Doesn't have to be ones the OP likes, but makes it too stodgy if they're all kinda middle-of-the-road, similar to one another.

I used to love Hero by Kroeger when Spider-Man first came out. I don't like Hero by Mariah or Enrique really. Not interested in the other two - meh.

I'll vote Chad Kroeger hee hee. I have a guilty pleasure spot reserved for certain Nickelback songs, so it's fine.

I don't think taste should even come into it - I personally think these games are much more interesting when each song is very different to the other. :/ Not about attacking music tastes here. I think they should be a showcase for different styles as much as possible. :) And like..Mariah and Enrique cover the same ground for me so I'd compress them into one (choose one) to keep things concise. For example. Whatever. Anyone can do what they want. *flies away*

That's what I meant really. Showcasing your own appreciations and taking in other people's.

Oxigen, I'm sorry but that's your opinion. I have no idea how two of the songs are gay just because they're pop songs/uplifting/about love/sang by someone women love/whatever, that's a little bit small-minded, no? I don't even know how it's gay since the subject isn't really about homosexuality but I suppose it's how the listener hears the song.

In the sixth/seventh one, I'll give you variety if you truly want it but I just thought that out of all of the ones I could have picked, those five were the best ones/ones people would most likely like.

Actually, I'm going to open this because I think it would be more interesting...

NEW RULE!

If you do not like any of the songs selected above, present one of your own. HOWEVER, it must have the same title as the songs in this game.

There's your trouble. Don't choose based on that. Do it on what'd make the most interesting match-up. :bouncy:

Okay, I will in the next one but I think that this one is a good line-up. It's not terrible but it's good and there's only one song I love out of all of them and that's Chad Kroeger.

Oxigen, I'm sorry but that's your opinion. I have no idea how two of the songs are gay just because they're pop songs/uplifting/about love/sang by someone women love/whatever, that's a little bit small-minded, no? I don't even know how it's gay since the subject isn't really about homosexuality but I suppose it's how the listener hears the song.

In the sixth/seventh one, I'll give you variety if you truly want it but I just thought that out of all of the ones I could have picked, those five were the best ones/ones people would most likely like.

Actually, I'm going to open this because I think it would be more interesting...

NEW RULE!

If you do not like any of the songs selected above, present one of your own. HOWEVER, it must have the same title as the songs in this game.

When I said gay I was obviously not refering to the fact that the songs were homossexual, I was using gay as an insult... a synonym for "bad". Oo Mariah Carey and Enrique Iglesias are crap pop, bro... that's why. Songs can be uplifting pop about love without having to sound so generic and formulaic. Pop doesn't need to be this soulless. But the point is, they're the same! I couldn't care less wether they suck or not, but they're the same shit, even if they're

different, they appeal to the same audience, yeah? I just meant that they're (like Paj said) very similar in style. If you really wanted to represent this title all across the board and include songs which people would like, why did you omitt songs by David Crosby, Nas, Regina Spektor, Ministry, all acclaimed and popular artists in their own right, both by the industry and the vox populi and include stuff like nobody gives a fuck about like Skillet?

Of course, you had to be a Skillet fan, didn't you?

When I said gay I was obviously not refering to the fact that the songs were homossexual, I was using gay as an insult... a synonym for "bad". Oo Mariah Carey and Enrique Iglesias are crap pop, bro... that's why. Songs can be uplifting pop about love without having to sound so generic and formulaic. Pop doesn't need to be this soulless. But the point is, they're the same! I couldn't care less wether they suck or not, but they're the same shit, even if they're

different, they appeal to the same audience, yeah? I just meant that they're (like Paj said) very similar in style. If you really wanted to represent this title all across the board and include songs which people would like, why did you omitt songs by David Crosby, Nas, Regina Spektor, Ministry, all acclaimed and popular artists in their own right, both by the industry and the vox populi and include stuff like nobody gives a fuck about like Skillet?

Of course, you had to be a Skillet fan, didn't you?

Actually, My Buttons Are Magic gave me the idea to do this so I included them. As I said, add more and make suggestions, I think it'd be more interesting anyway and who knows, people may like a thing or two someone suggests but Regina Spektor isn't for me. I didn't know what the song was until I heard it and I hear that song replayed several times where I work and it does my head in so no thank you, haha.

I would have added Europe but wasn't sure whether to.

In some ways, I'd be more stunned if it were just 2/3 selections, like Ozzy Osborne, Regina Spektor and Mariah. Purposefully leaving stuff out, and making us make a tough decision.

/ not tough, but you know what I mean. Since, I'm blatantly not going to listen to all the songs if there's 5. Don't have that much time to give.

---

I don't understand why Mariah's Hero is so.. like... boring. Even at it's most impressive, I'm still so unmoved. It feels like it has no music, just her voice. I feel it could be really good if it were produced better / the backing music wasn't so sterilized.

I

I don't understand why Mariah's Hero is so.. like... boring. Even at it's most impressive, I'm still so unmoved. It feels like it has no music, just her voice. I feel it could be really good if it were produced better / the backing music wasn't so sterilized.

Yeah, considering it's meant to the one everyone/the public should concede is enjoyable, she has like 12 others I prefer. In fact I really have no time for her slow songs, I like her RnB stuff. The Roof (featuring Mobb Deep) is brill.