N-Europe

QINC! (Hamishmash's new web comic)

Hamishmash

tumblr_ln2926I9111qavd10.jpg

QINC! is a comic I've been planning to do for a very... VERY long time. Amongst my friends it's almost like Duke Nukem Forever in terms of delays. Me and my mate Chris devised it in school years ago and it's gone through a number of forms but now it FINALLY arrives as a web comic!

However... it will say it has a slow start, but I'll be putting a few pages out each Sunday night.

It can be viewed on my website, http://www.hamishmash.com and the specific link is http://www.hamishmash.com/qinc

It tells the story of Qinc, a young orphan from Hull who embarks on an epic quest, uncovering evil institutions, battling wicked villains and fucking about n' shit.

It is unsuitable for children, but it's got a very stupid sense of humour. I don't think the first pages do it justice quite yet but hopefully y'all stick around with it!

tumblr_ln2bll8o8A1qavd10.jpg

tumblr_ln274lu9CR1qavd10.jpg

tumblr_ln274x8PQ51qavd10.jpg

Edited by Hamishmash

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to keep up with the narration? Because I'm digging the narrator. He/she seems like a cool dude/dame. :smile:

Also, if it's not too counterproductive, you should keep posting the pages in this thread. Because I'd like to see where this is going, but I'm too forgetful/lazy to read the comic on your website.

Are you going to keep up with the narration? Because I'm digging the narrator. He/she seems like a cool dude/dame. :smile:

Also, if it's not too counterproductive, you should keep posting the pages in this thread. Because I'd like to see where this is going, but I'm too forgetful/lazy to read the comic on your website.

The narrator will stay and it is nobody in particular other than myself. I'm reporting the story of Qinc as if it were true though. Though as the story gets going and the characters become more known the narration won't be as dominant.

And totally, I'll be posting new pages here, possibly not on the Sunday I put them up on my website as that will often be automatic but yeah. I love hearing your feedback. I'm surprised it's so positive!

Good stuff man :D Looking forward to more.

Thanks. I'm at Glasto so I'm setting my blog to post them when the time is right, so you'd probably have to check http://www.hamishmash.com/ some time on Sunday, or wait for me to get back and post it here on Monday. :)

This is absolutely fucking amazing. This....oh god. This is just insanely good. This is so blatantly going to be painfully special.

I can't tell if you're sarcastic... :P

For god's sakes man! THIS IS COMICS! There is no room for sarcasm.

Serioiusly....its....its like Chew and Scott Pilgrim's love child had sex with you and this is the gorgeous baby you've created. It looks absolutely amazing. I rarely actually give THIS high praise, but I think this is phenomenally promising.

Aww well your compliments make me smile greatly. :)

The art style and whole concept actually comes from my over-active love of Hergé's Tintin. A reference can be spotted in Ween's name (Le Milou... Milou is the French name of Tintin's dog Snowy). The series will have a globe-trotting feel but my depictions of foreign countries are hardly going to be accurate.

For example, in this world, there is one single country spanning from Germany to China and it is called Gina. The Ginese live there (Say "The Ginese" out loud. It sounds naughty) and it is ruled by the series' villain the half German / half Chinese Ötis Braunfinger.

For example, in this world, there is one single country spanning from Germany to China and it is called Gina. The Ginese live there (Say "The Ginese" out loud. It sounds naughty) and it is ruled by the series' villain the half German / half Chinese Ötis Braunfinger.

Haahhahaah, I already had (whilst laughing and sniggering) before I reached your instruction inviting me to say it out loud. My brain began to run away to ("I wonder if Vietnam is in this country?") sub dialects/regions etc. :p

Amazing.

Ween's design changes quite dramatically in the next few issues... but can't really reveal anything more than that.

I call sex change!

(Say "The Ginese" out loud. It sounds naughty)

Did someone say gin?

I get that it's only an intro but I just feel "meh" after reading. Like calling him a twat, was that meant to be funny? The description of the word Qinc, just seemed a bit pointless.

I like the art style though, so I'm not going to be a complete negative arse here.

Great. (Really dislike the word twat though. Brings to mind a woman dying by the roadside and a group of 13 y/o boys prodding her vagina with a stick, laughing. It's like cunt, but with none of the empoweredness that the gravitas of the word brings. Just really horrible.)

[if it weren't already a Roald Dahl book, I'd suggest Twit, mostly because I love the bit in Lady GaGa's Bad Kids where she says "I'm a twit, degenerate young rebel and I'm proud of it". Such a rare word to hear.]

But yeah, just seems so unnecessary.

Ween is described as a Twit on the third page, and the differences between the two words.

Great. (Really dislike the word twat though. Brings to mind a woman dying by the roadside and a group of 13 y/o boys prodding her vagina with a stick, laughing. It's like cunt, but with none of the empoweredness that the gravitas of the word brings. Just really horrible.)

I think that's a very specific and very dark, personal interpretation of the word... I've never seen anyone make that connection.

Also because of some of the stuff in later issues, where it does get a little dark, disturbing and quite satirical... I wanted to establish very early on (in the second page) this is NOT for children... it is an adult comic with adult themes.

I get that it's only an intro but I just feel "meh" after reading. Like calling him a twat, was that meant to be funny? The description of the word Qinc, just seemed a bit pointless.

I like the art style though, so I'm not going to be a complete negative arse here.

I really, really understand that it's not for everyone. Quite frankly, I'm surprised by how many people here think it's funny! :D