Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Don't know if anyone suggested this already but I had a thought before...

Mourinho wants to leave Madrid at the end of the season (apparently), England has Pearce to be caretaker for euro 2012 or maybe Hiddink, after that Mourinho becomes England manager, does that for a few years, we do ace in the world cup, Mourinho then moves on to manager Utd when Sir Alex retires...

Thoughts? :p

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a good debate on Talksport earlier in the week about Managers and their after match press conferences. They were talking about Wenger getting asked questions that journalists wouldn't dare ask people like Fergie because they know Wenger will always give some form of civilised answer. They did mention Redknapp as another who is pretty decent after games. They were scathing in their view of Dalglish and Fergie, who'll only talk properly of they win. It was less about Fergie than Dalglish, who can act like a complete immature little cunt if his team is beaten or he think a referee got a decision wrong.

I appreciate no one wants to be asked difficult questions after they lose, but it's a professional job and the fans who spent their hard earned money have a right to be a shown a little respect by their manager and they'd do well to remember that sometimes. It doesn't happen in other sports, only football.

There was a good debate on Talksport earlier in the week about Managers and their after match press conferences. They were talking about Wenger getting asked questions that journalists wouldn't dare ask people like Fergie because they know Wenger will always give some form of civilised answer. They did mention Redknapp as another who is pretty decent after games. They were scathing in their view of Dalglish and Fergie, who'll only talk properly of they win. It was less about Fergie than Dalglish, who can act like a complete immature little cunt if his team is beaten or he think a referee got a decision wrong.

I appreciate no one wants to be asked difficult questions after they lose, but it's a professional job and the fans who spent their hard earned money have a right to be a shown a little respect by their manager and they'd do well to remember that sometimes. It doesn't happen in other sports, only football.

Yeah it is a good point and I think this is part of Harry's appeal for the job to the press. They end up with a likeable approachable guy...but that's what Steve Mclaren was and then look where that got us. I still can't believe he was England manager to be honest...he achieved sod all as boro manager really...(no offense to boro fans)

I do think its weird how Harry has risen to this status as a messiah yet he has never been seriously mentioned before when previous managers have lost their jobs (think he was briefly mentioned post Mclaren but then the raid on his house happened) and think about how many England managers have been and gone in that time. Are we really basing his messiah status on one FA Cup win and a few very good seasons with Spurs?

The media have dragged our clubs name through shit, and are scum, why should Dalglish give them good answers so they can make up shitty stories to sell/get hits on their shitty site/paper?

The media and most people seem to hate Liverpool with a passion now, and it's clear to see. 2 Liverpool fans are idiots and get done for racial abuse, and the papers don't wait to paste it all over the internet and make sure everyone knows. The Man United fan goes down quietly, and hardly anyone knows.

They can go fuck themselves.

The media have dragged our clubs name through shit, and are scum, why should Dalglish give them good answers so they can make up shitty stories to sell/get hits on their shitty site/paper?

The media and most people seem to hate Liverpool with a passion now, and it's clear to see. 2 Liverpool fans are idiots and get done for racial abuse, and the papers don't wait to paste it all over the internet and make sure everyone knows. The Man United fan goes down quietly, and hardly anyone knows.

They can go fuck themselves.

I was waiting for this :heh:

It's nothing to do with any alleged bias against Liverpool, it's down to Dalglish being a spoilt little brat, he's always been that way, even at Blackburn. I've lost count the amount of times he's been asked a simple, general question by a journalist not looking for any scandal or sensational headline and either refused to answer it or replied with a smarmy or sarcastic answer.

Liverpool fans aren't treated any different. Of course they'd be in the media more when their club is the centre of such a big event as they were. No different than it was for Chelsea when Terry's extra curricular activities with Wayne Bridge's Mrs came out or for Man City when Tevez became a Grade A cunt for refusing to take his bib off in Germany.

I'm not talking about the fans. It's the way they write about the football club and our players.

They all branded Suárez a racist, when the FA and Evra both said that they don't think he is. The way they basically called our club racist, which is ridiculous.

I don't really get what you mean with Dalglish being a brat, he answers what he wants, what's wrong with that.

I'm not talking about the fans. It's the way they write about the football club and our players.

They all branded Suárez a racist, when the FA and Evra both said that they don't think he is. The way they basically called our club racist, which is ridiculous.

I don't really get what you mean with Dalglish being a brat, he answers what he wants, what's wrong with that.

What's wrong with that?

He's a grown man, not a 10 year old. He's a professional football manager not a stand up comedian. Fair enough if it's a terrible question that is only trying to stir up shit but it's not with Dalglish, it's always a neutral comment he has to act like a clown with. One of the reasons managers are required by the FA to speak after games is so that the fans can get some insight into his view of things or why he did things he did, not a smug little prick who had his favourite toy stolen.

What's wrong with that?

He's a grown man, not a 10 year old. He's a professional football manager not a stand up comedian. Fair enough if it's a terrible question that is only trying to stir up shit but it's not with Dalglish, it's always a neutral comment he has to act like a clown with. One of the reasons managers are required by the FA to speak after games is so that the fans can get some insight into his view of things or why he did things he did, not a smug little prick who had his favourite toy stolen.

I honestly don't see the problem. Ferguson has been doing it for 20 years. ::shrug:

I honestly don't see the problem. Ferguson has been doing it for 20 years. ::shrug:

It's always been a pet peeve of mine but to be honest I didn't give it much thought until I heard it on Talksport. It's just so unprofessional, I suppose it's all down to the culture of football.

Edited by Jon

It was the FA who charged him with being a racist and the FA who handed him an 8 match ban. And then Liverpool didn't even appeal against the ban.

I think if someone is charged with racism/offensive terms, and is found guilty as Suarez was and then all the playing staff and manager wear t-shirts in support of him the media would have a very good reason to brand the club racist. The club are essentially saying they support what Suarez did.

Liverpool should've come out and said something along the lines of "Suarez made a mistake and will have to pay for it with an 8 match ban. We in no way agree with his comments and will ensure they do not happen in the future. Suarez still has a major role in the club and we hope that he can learn and grow from this incident."

Liverpool aren't racist, they used to have loads of coloured players.

But now they've sold them all... and only have one....

Actually, just doing a bit of digging now, list of players sold by Dagleish at all of his clubs:

Liverpool: Ryan Babel, plessis, el zhar, ngog.

Newcastle: Ferdinand, Hislop and Asprilla

But then John Barnes was his assistant manager at Celtic.

Strange one....

Edited by Eightbit
Automerged Doublepost

Liverpool aren't racist, they used to have loads of coloured players.

**Warning PC Police**

On the subject of racism, just a friendly pointer, using the term 'colored' to refer to black players (which is what I am assuming you were doing) is considered racist.

Just in case you didn't know. :)

**Warning PC Police**

On the subject of racism, just a friendly pointer, using the term 'colored' to refer to black players (which is what I am assuming you were doing) is considered racist.

Just in case you didn't know. :)

Yeah, dude. Everybody knows you're meant to refer to them as "darkies." You can also call them dark chocolate, as that has the same effect.

It's ok. I can say this stuff, because I spoke to a darkie once.

trolololo

What a horrible, horrible excuse for a man. He admitted to calling Evra something, which Evra in turn found offensive. In credit to Patrice, he said he didn't think Suarez was racist, but if he found Suarez's words offensive, he has every right to report it. He did the right thing. The rest is up to the FA. THEY banned Suarez, not Evra. Evra looked visibly upset when he was taking his place on the pitch afterwards and I feel for him.

Suarez on the other hand...if I had offended somebody and was punished, the least I would do is man the hell up and say sorry to the guy. Why would you refuse to shake the hand of a guy you were found guilty of racially abusing? It doesn't help Suarez's case at all, and in fact makes the whole club look bad for supporting this kind of behaviour.

It could have ended today and a line would have been drawn under it. But, no. Further shame to the club. This is not in any way professionally, or morally right, on any level.

Suarez is utter pure scum. I absOlutely detest the man Ine every single way. He makes me sick. How Liverpool and their fans can defend him absoluteky baffled me, if he played for spurs I'd be distraught and I'd boo the fucker, his actions should not be tolerated by anyone.

I wanted Liverpool to win this but it would leave a sour taste in my mouth, especially if tele little rat scores.

Ps still want them too though :)

Suarez is utter pure scum. I absOlutely detest the man Ine every single way. He makes me sick. How Liverpool and their fans can defend him absoluteky baffled me, if he played for spurs I'd be distraught and I'd boo the fucker, his actions should not be tolerated by anyone.

I wanted Liverpool to win this but it would leave a sour taste in my mouth, especially if tele little rat scores.

Bit harsh on Eenuh =[ Pretty sure Ine's a girl too!

Big respect for Evra for even putting his hand out. Rio pulled out of the handshake as well.

I absOlutely detest the man Ine

Raisins_Face.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!