Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed just a minute ago that he doesn't actually look up to see where the goal is when he places that ball. He doesn't realise he's missed until he does look up and sees it go wide.

A bit schoolboy-ish. You keep your head up. :p

He doesn't steady himself at then toes it like a mug. Hilarious miss.

Also, the first two Man United goals were offside, 2 poor decisions by the linesman.

And I am still not convinced the penalty was a penalty, in slow motion it looked like Nani kicked Bosingwa's leg actually but I''ll await MotD 2 to see again.

I'm watching the Nani goal again from here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FILAEUF3SfU

When I pause the video at 2 seconds in, I can see Nani in the frame at the top of the video, with the Chelsea defence out of view. It looks like he's just on to me, but I need a better angle to see it from. (It looks like one of the central defenders is playing him on)

First goal was definitely off-side, but again was awful defending from Chelsea.

Also, the first two Man United goals were offside, 2 poor decisions by the linesman.

And I am still not convinced the penalty was a penalty, in slow motion it looked like Nani kicked Bosingwa's leg actually but I''ll await MotD 2 to see again.

I've not seen the games, but I'm hearing a lot of moans about dodgy decisions on other forums.

I'll watch motd2 until they show our game.. :shakehead

I'm watching the Nani goal again from here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FILAEUF3SfU

When I pause the video at 2 seconds in, I can see Nani in the frame at the top of the video, with the Chelsea defence out of view. It looks like he's just on to me, but I need a better angle to see it from. (It looks like one of the central defenders is playing him on)

First goal was definitely off-side, but again was awful defending from Chelsea.

Fuck me that's some strike.

They're the usual very-tight decisions that you wouldn't even spot in real-time unless you had access to some sort of replay. I didn't even think the second goal was off-side until I saw people mentioning it on here.

Again, though, what would make it easier? Video technology. This happens every week in some form.

Nani was slightly offside when Evans passed him the ball but to be fair that wasn't the reason he was able to score..... he was not in a danger area really and had a lot of work to do. When he actually received the ball Chelski had like 5 players between him and the goal by then if not more.

The ref was pretty poor on a lot of decisions imo, i remember there was a few free kicks etc i was bit confused on!

Forgot to mention De Gea, thought he pulled off some good saves today which i was happy to see. It will be awhile before he will settle in with learning english etc but there is times where he shows the kind of keeper he can become. Hope so anyway!

Nani was slightly offside when Evans passed him the ball but to be fair that wasn't the reason he was able to score..... he was not in a danger area really and had a lot of work to do. When he actually received the ball Chelski had like 5 players between him and the goal by then if not more.

It's hard to tell from that video I posted, but you can see him running back to get onside. He was off-side at some point, but I'm not sure if he is when getting the ball. Cmaaan match of the day.

Still, if Mata puts a tackle in, this doesn't become an issue.

Oh I'm not saying it is an excuse, well kind of :p It is an amazing strike and the fact he managed to get a shot away with so many of our players swarming around him is surprising.

The ref did make some weird decisions, Ramires' yellow was wrongly given, he clearly got the ball!

Smalling and Jones look to be great future prospects. Jones' hair looks so chavvy though.

It's hard to tell from that video I posted, but you can see him running back to get onside. He was off-side at some point, but I'm not sure if he is when getting the ball. Cmaaan match of the day.

Still, if Mata puts a tackle in, this doesn't become an issue.

Wasn't hard to tell on Sky. They pause it and draw the white line. Him and Rooney slightly offside when evans kicks it. But to fair, I don't think it matters really it was a moment of class by him.

Having seen the Nani penalty claim, Bosingwa blocked his foot so I guess it was a penalty.

That was a definite, yeah. Not a red card, but a definite penalty.

That Ashley Cole challenge was horrible. Don't know how he only got a yellow for that. I wince everytime I watch it.

Nani looks like he was just off, but that's so tight...how can a linesman possibly spot something as minimal as that?

Platty: I didn't spot it as I was celebrating at the time. :D

Anyway, well played, Chelsea. I very much look forward to the return match at Stamford Bridge. Hope it's as entertaining as this game.

Man Utd have long of very talented players but Anderson just isn't one of them. He's unbelievably bad, not to mention overweight. It's not so obvious because he's playing in a great side but he doesn't seem to do anything. Doesn't play the Fletcher role or the Scholes role, I can't believe he's in the team ahead of Carrick. He doesn't score, he doesn't create and he's no where near as effective as Fletcher at breaking up play.

Man Utd have long of very talented players but Anderson just isn't one of them. He's unbelievably bad, not to mention overweight. It's not so obvious because he's playing in a great side but he doesn't seem to do anything. Doesn't play the Fletcher role or the Scholes role, I can't believe he's in the team ahead of Carrick. He doesn't score, he doesn't create and he's no where near as effective as Fletcher at breaking up play.

He wasn't good today, but he's been pretty great this season. He is much more positive than Carrick in that he passes the ball forward a lot more. What's better? A 100% pass completion rate where they're side or backwards passes, or 50% when they're going forward? (I guess it depends on whether you're attacking or defending, because Carrick came on when we were already winning). Also, he has pace and can get forward, but just doesn't shoot in the final third. Look at the goal he scored against Spurs, where he combined with Wellbeck. Fletcher and Carrick don't offer that.

He needs goals in his game, but he is pretty creative. I can easily see him and Cleverley being the first choice midfield for a long while.

He wasn't good today, but he's been pretty great this season. He is much more positive than Carrick in that he passes the ball forward a lot more. What's better? A 100% pass completion rate where they're side or backwards passes, or 50% when they're going forward? (I guess it depends on whether you're attacking or defending, because Carrick came on when we were already winning). Also, he has pace and can get forward, but just doesn't shoot in the final third. Look at the goal he scored against Spurs, where he combined with Wellbeck. Fletcher and Carrick don't offer that.

He needs goals in his game, but he is pretty creative. I can easily see him and Cleverley being the first choice midfield for a long while.

He's prone to concentration lapses, like his pass straight to Torres for example. I'm surprised you wouldn't want Fletcher in there. I've never really seen him have a bad day in a Utd shirt. He's not fancy but he's oh so effective. I think it speaks volumes that today was his first competitive start in a Utd shirt in a long time and looked like he'd never been away.

I also don't see what the fuss is all about over Cleverly, looks like a case of a decent player in a great side. I'm not bashing Utd for the sake of it but it's getting boring hearing people crow about players who are distinctly average in my eyes.

I like him, i just think it's all too much for him too quickly. Why do the media love to spout shite about his fitness? Did they not notice how he ran after and caught up with Bale to tackle him? He's fit, just out of form. I try my hardest to remain positive, and he has all the attributes to be brilliant, he just needs properly integrated.

I think if you have a defender that dominates him in the air -a la Dawson or King recently - he looks a very average player. Definitely got some positives to his play though.

Have to say I quite enjoyed watching Adam walk off the pitch considering what he did to Bale last season.

He's prone to concentration lapses, like his pass straight to Torres for example. I'm surprised you wouldn't want Fletcher in there. I've never really seen him have a bad day in a Utd shirt. He's not fancy but he's oh so effective. I think it speaks volumes that today was his first competitive start in a Utd shirt in a long time and looked like he'd never been away.

Today was his worst game for quite a while. He's at least been 7.5/10 quality in every game this season (except today). The important thing with him is that he gets a good run in the side and doesn't play one week, miss the next, play again, get injured, etc. He needs to play week in week out so you can see the real benefit. Also, as good as Carrick and Fletcher are, Anderson is much, much more positive. He makes forward passes, gets forward, adds pace to the midfield (which was definitely lacking when he was taken off) and is quite a physically imposing player. He needs to improve his shooting, or rather actually take more shots on. If he sorts that out, he will become a greater player. I rate him.

Also, Fletcher is great, but he looked rusty today. No fault of his own, because of his illness. I'm happy that he played, because on his day he is one of the best midfielders in the league. Again, with him, he needs to play every week to get the best out of him. In his most preferred position, which is central midfield. Fletcher isn't hugely creative, though. He'll try to get forward well and offer support, and will get back and defend. A great box-to-box player and a great United player. He's different to Anderson. Both are different to Cleverley and Carrick. They're all different. All four are important, but in different ways.

I also don't see what the fuss is all about over Cleverly, looks like a case of a decent player in a great side. I'm not bashing Utd for the sake of it but it's getting boring hearing people crow about players who are distinctly average in my eyes.

Ehh, Cleverley has looked brilliant when he was out on loan and has pretty much been running the United midfield this season when he's played. It wasn't a coincidence that we came from 2-down against City in the Charity Shield when he came on. He's tough, plays very high up the field yet knows his defensive duties, has a decent shot on him, has pace, the ability to pick out a short or long pass and links well with the forwards. Also, he's young, so will only get better. Only United fans will truly know how good he is, because they'll watch him in every game and see how important he is.

Again, notice how the midfield looked less creative when he wasn't playing. (the Champions League game, and today). It was quite noticeable. What matters though is that the manager decided not to purchase a midfielder this season, despite Scholes retiring, which leaves a big void. That must show you how highly he rates Cleverley if he believes that he can take on that role.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Speaking of Carrick, there was a great moment in the match which highlights his poo game. Evans took on someone to get the ball going forward, passed it forward to Carrick who then passed it straight back to De Gea when he could have easily moved it forward. The crowed let out a big groan and Evans threw his hands up in disgust. GO FORWARD CARRICK.

Speaking of Carrick, there was a great moment in the match which highlights his poo game. Evans took on someone to get the ball going forward, passed it forward to Carrick who then passed it straight back to De Gea when he could have easily moved it forward. The crowed let out a big groan and Evans threw his hands up in disgust. GO FORWARD CARRICK.

Exactly what I'm saying. He's great at keeping the ball and maintaining a lead, but he's far too defensive. I actually think he'd made a decent centre-back. He seems to be becoming increasingly defensive. Maybe he's losing his pace, so that's why he doesn't get forward as much as he could? It's a shame.

There were some great results on the weekend if you were a Manchester United fan. Liverpool and Arsenal losing and Manchester City drawing, to top it off a nice win over Chelsea,

I know Arsenal and Liverpool results don't really affect United at this stage in the season, but it's nice to see rivals drop points (sorry Ramar and MadDog)

The Spurs / Liverpool game I couldn't believe what I was watching. Liverpool looked terrible. Downing and Henderson.... well I forgot they were playing.

it seemed like the ref had it in for Liverpool too.

United / Chelsea was great. De Gea made few important stops so that should help build some more confidence up.

As for Torres, when he scored I figure that should help him confidence wise, and that he'll start to terrorize the premier leagues finest defences again, then he missed 2 pretty standard attempts. Well I say standard, the first miss he skied over the bar was a pretty simple should be goal. as for the glorious skinning of De Gea, only to smash it wide... well... once that ball went high and wide, can only imagine that momentum and confidence he gained that match went with it.

I think had United had Vidic playing, Torres would of been in better form again. He always makes Vidic look average, fortunately Jones and Evans were up to the challenge and contained him reasonably well.

Anderson... he annoyed me, he was sloppy. He lost his man too many times, which resulted in Chelsea players getting a lot of space around the Manchester United box.

I'm with Flink when it comes to Cleverly. His loan spells did him wonders, He was playing very well at Wigan last season, grabbing a handful of goals. With United, he has been a bit of a driving force for our attack. Shame too see him out now.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!