Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Midday kick offs are wank, I was in a shit mood all day yesterday.

I echo these sentiments. My hand was in agony yesterday after constantly smashing it off my desk in disgust at what I was watching.

At least Wenger actually slated the team for once, not because THEY ARE ALL SO YOUNG AND MUST BE PROTECTED.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skrtel isn't even good enough to be playing in a first choice back four, nevermind out of position at right-back.

He's very hit and miss for me, he was good at the end of last season. Coates will turn out to be a great buy, he looks quality. Sorry about the Suárez suggestion, he'll come good, i promise. :p

Can't believe how awful we were today, Downing and Henderson were nowhere, which gave us no width. Defensively we were hideous. Lucas, Suárez and Enrique were our best players, and even then they were nowhere near good enough.

I'm not one of those knee-jerkers who think we need to sell every player and predict we are getting relegated after one bad match. We have been great in every other game this season, so i know these players are good enough to win games, and win games against good teams.

Good match to watch!

Although i was on the edge of my seat at times as a united supporter. Chelsea played well, we were lucky with the first two goals (although Nani's goal was excellent anyway and no-one even marked smalling for the first).

First half i felt Anderson was giving away a lot of bad passes.

Could have easily had another three with hitting the crossbar which lead to the penalty and then later Rooney hitting the post and rooney trying to give Berbatov the goal at the end.

BUT then Chelsea missed some good chances like the Torres one! (lol).

Very even match, just we put our goals away where they counted.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Chelsea must be wondering how they lose that, linesman definitely didn't help. Terrible miss aside, it was good to see Torres somewhere near his old self, i've always been a big fan of him since his early days in the 2nd Division in Spain for Atletico. His game was always based on his runs off the ball and Jones and Evans both struggled to keep hold of him. Just needs a decent run of goals to get that confidence going. It was only about a year ago Rooney couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and now he can't stop scoring.

I was almost sick from laughing at that Torres miss. No joke, I almost keeled over and had to run to the toilets after the game.

We weren't great, to be honest. Defensively and in central midfield, we didn't look all that good. Too many stray passes, not enough closing down. The first goal was probably against the run of play and was offside. Pretty sure the second goal wasn't off, but will need to see the replay.

However, the difference between United and Chelsea was our wing-play was much better (Young and Nani were our best players, Smalling and Jones also ran themselves into the ground and were visibly shattered in the second half) and we took our chances. Whereas Chelsea didn't. Torres should have scored 4 goals today.

Rooney's penalty miss was awful, a good John Terry impression. But, apart from that, he played well. We were very lucky to be 3-0 up, because Chelsea were winning the midfield battle. They defended very poorly for all 3 goals, so maybe it isn't luck.

Nani's goal was amazing. Mata had two chances to put a tackle in and failed both times.

I was almost sick from laughing at that Torres miss. No joke, I almost keeled over and had to run to the toilets after the game.

We weren't great, to be honest. Defensively and in central midfield, we didn't look all that good. Too many stray passes, not enough closing down. The first goal was probably against the run of play and was offside. Pretty sure the second goal wasn't off, but will need to see the replay.

However, the difference between United and Chelsea was our wing-play was much better (Young and Nani were our best players, Smalling and Jones also ran themselves into the ground and were visibly shattered in the second half) and we took our chances. Whereas Chelsea didn't. Torres should have scored 4 goals today.

Rooney's penalty miss was awful, a good John Terry impression. But, apart from that, he played well. We were very lucky to be 3-0 up, because Chelsea were winning the midfield battle. They defended very poorly for all 3 goals, so maybe it isn't luck.

Nani's goal was amazing. Mata had two chances to put a tackle in and failed both times.

Not luck, the linesman :heh:

Not luck, the linesman :heh:

That's an easy way out. The lineman isn't responsible for Chelsea giving away all 3 goals, defending terribly, missing chances at the other end (including that terrible, terrible miss from Ramires in the first half when he should have buried it, not to mention the three chances Torres missed...) and giving away a penalty. That is all Chelsea's (un)doing. Not to mention, Dirty Ashley Cole following through on Hernandez.

Also, Welcome Back, Spurs fans.

What are your views on Carroll?

I like him, i just think it's all too much for him too quickly. Why do the media love to spout shite about his fitness? Did they not notice how he ran after and caught up with Bale to tackle him? He's fit, just out of form. I try my hardest to remain positive, and he has all the attributes to be brilliant, he just needs properly integrated.

Also, Welcome Back, Spurs fans.

They do seem to crawl out when they win. ;)

/awaitsdazzybee

He's only 22. But, the media will find any reason to criticise him because he made a huge money move to Liverpool. It's unavoidable. Only thing he can do is play well and score goals.

The media piss me off here. They'll find any reason to doom-merchant. It's not only here though, it's pretty bad in Spain and Italy, too. But, it's still a pain.

What I'd say about the game was summed up pretty well by everyone before. We had some great chances (Ramires and Torres mainly). Apart from the miss Torres had a pretty good game today! His goal was great to see and his set up/ run for the Ramires fuck up was good as well.

Just in case anyone misses one of the worst misses ever :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!