N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

This is a United team that finished top of the league last year and made the Champions League Final. Actually no...this is an improved United team on that.

I thought Man United were pretty poor for most of last season, actually.. probably one of the worst teams to win the Premier League :eek:

You're certainly correct in saying that they're improved, though.. they look good this year, unfortunately :heh:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for Ramar going to the match and having to experience that. You away fans did us proud.

I've been to Old Trafford three times now, that was the first time I've seen us fucking score there..:weep: Proud of our fans today though, adversity brings you together but you know the Emirates will be poisonous against Swansea if we don't have several quality new faces in the squad.

We've been embarrassed, but it's put us in our place and shown us where we're really at. We'll struggle for 5th this year.

We've been embarrassed, but it's put us in our place and shown us where we're really at. We'll struggle for 5th this year.

I think today has really shown Arsene that something needs to change quickly. He needs to make significant additions to the squad before the window closes.

I'm actually starting to think maybe his time is coming to an end at the club. I don't think the players that he is playing are motivated by him or playing for him anymore. :hmm:

I think today has really shown Arsene that something needs to change quickly. He needs to make significant additions to the squad before the window closes.

I'm actually starting to think maybe his time is coming to an end at the club. I don't think the players that he is playing are motivated by him or playing for him anymore. :hmm:

Really? The thing is, who could come in now and do better? There's nobody.

Fergie? :p

Yeah, it was pretty hard watching. The goals and the movement by United was fantastic. I thought Djourou was pathetic today and couldn't remember really when I saw him put in a good performance, no conviction. Felt sorry for Arsenal's keeper (won't even try to spell his name) didn't have a chance with most of those goals.

De Gea shouldn't have let in Walcott's goal really, lucky it didn't matter!

I doubt Fergie would actually do well at Arsenal. He's brilliant for United because of the way he's developed his squad. They all have that built in mentality which he wouldn't be able to do overnight with another squad.

I think it's best to stick with him, he knows the club and players better than anyone else. He knows what he's doing.

Really? The thing is, who could come in now and do better? There's nobody.

That's what Chelsea fans said after Ancelotti was sacked. The same thing they said after Mourinho. There are plenty of managers out there who I'm sure would love to come to Arsenal. What about the likes of Hiddink, Advocaat, Rijkaard? They're winners and would probably do wonders at the club, especially Rijkaard.

Like I said, Arsenal are a big club. It's just about finding the right person. If Arsenal do finish out of the Champions League Qualification spots, then do you think the board should stick with Wenger?

I think it's best to stick with him, he knows the club and players better than anyone else. He knows what he's doing.

Clearly he doesn't as he took off one of their better midfielders today (Coquelin) and replaced him with Chamberlain, who did nothing.

This has been coming for some time. You don't add to the squad, you'll end up getting punished. Hence why City just keep stock-piling players. Its a squad game.

Like I said, Arsenal are a big club. It's just about finding the right person. If Arsenal do finish out of the Champions League Qualification spots, then do you think the board should stick with Wenger?

I think Wenger would fall on his sword before the board sacked him.. that is unless we get relegated of course.

The Chamberlain substitution had to be the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.. Why chuck him on for his debut like that. Going to do nothing for the lad, then playing Walcott at right back when Jenkinson was sent off.. Clever plan then put Lansbury there. The game was well beyond us, stick fucking Miguel on, he's a defender...

That's what Chelsea fans said after Ancelotti was sacked. The same thing they said after Mourinho. There are plenty of managers out there who I'm sure would love to come to Arsenal. What about the likes of Hiddink, Advocaat, Rijkaard? They're winners and would probably do wonders at the club, especially Rijkaard.

But their reigns as manager were short, only a couple of years. Wenger has been there for 15 years. He'd be nearly impossible to replace.

I think Wenger would fall on his sword before the board sacked him.. that is unless we get relegated of course.

The Chamberlain substitution had to be the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.. Why chuck him on for his debut like that. Going to do nothing for the lad, then playing Walcott at right back when Jenkinson was sent off.. Clever plan then put Lansbury there. The game was well beyond us, stick fucking Miguel on, he's a defender...

He made so many tactical messes today. The strange thing was I think he stayed in his seat the whole team. Not once did I see him get up and give instructions to the defenders, etc. You see Fergie and other managers doing it all the time. I might have missed that, though.

But their reigns as manager were short, only a couple of years. Wenger has been there for 15 years. He'd be nearly impossible to replace.

Only a couple of years, but they are quality managers who can come in and make a difference. Let's forget how Chelsea treated them for a second and look at it another way: When Mourinho left, life went on, and eventually Hiddink, then Ancelotti came. When they left, you now have Villas-Boas. Life goes on at the club. If Wenger leaves, the club will carry on.

He's been there for 15 years, but he's done nigh next to nothing for the past 6. In 15 years, you'd expect him to know about it being a squad game by now. Kenny has been at Liverpool for a short period of time and he has built a squad. He knows the game. The best managers do. So, why isn't Wenger grasping this? He's becoming very one-dimensional and the teams he puts out are virtually identical every time - there's no element of surprise, no plan B. It's stale. It's been like that for seasons now. Teams are no longer afraid to play Arsenal - and he has to take responsibility for that.

Even if Wenger does leave Arsenal, which I don't think he will, who would actually want the job? The squad needs a lot of work and there's no chance of that happening for a new manager before the January transfer window. He'd have to simply hope that they can remain competitive and injury free as much as possible until then.

Looks like you'll get your money back @Ramar. Arsenal site #testingtags

Just seen that. Class gesture, but it's left a weird feeling. I mean, I'm glad the club has recognised it's fans for once and when shit was going wrong yesterday we got uncharacteristically loud. But I don't know if refunding/awarding another match ticket is the right way about doing it.

Appreciate it and I'll gladly accept it, but I'd have preferred the club announcing a few top class signings today as a better gesture.

I posted the Cascarino holocaust comment on YouTube just after it happened

Has had 28000 views in one day - it was a stupid comment to make and it really didn't make any sense as there were so many better words he could have used. Yes I know holocaust is a word in the English language and the PC brigade are overreacting. The vid I posted has been linked to by a load of newspaper websites like the Guardian and the Mirror.

Am wondering if I should just delete the video :/

No substance behind the Benayoun rumour, he said on twitter he's talking to clubs. We're in the hunt for players. People putting two loose ends together.

Under normal circumstances I'd have been happy to take him as back up. But we need top class talent not squad men.

You could be right. It's up on the Sky Sports Website anyway.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137701,00.html

Any more names Arsenal been linked with? There's the Hazard and Cahill rumours, but I've not seen anything else.

Strongly linked with Fenerbahçe's left back Andre Santos, also talk of interest in Dortmund's Mario Götze, which seems very unlikely.

I was expecting the Park Chu-Young deal to be finished by now, so maybe they've got some other striker in mind.