NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I added them on Facebook first and spoke to them for 2 weeks. Really, how is it any less safe than meeting a random at a bar and going back to their house?

It isn't. Both silly ideas to me.

People can have utterly different personas to how they appear on the internet. Not saying that your 'friends' aren't nice people, just that if for whatever reason they weren't you'd be in a bad situation.

I'm completely fine with it (met many people off the Internet before). Maybe I'm just a reckless person?

I'm completely fine with it (met many people off the Internet before). Maybe I'm just a reckless person?

Probably not, honestly my argument is much the same, what exactly is the difference between online and getting someone at a club? At the very least on line you get to know some part of them rather than looking at them and going away with them.

I've been living with strangers the past two months, purely because I've had too, there is no unexpensive flats for month contracts so you have to suck it up and hope the people you are going to be living with aren't bat shit crazy.

http://www.okcupid.com

I'm seeing a lot of reasons and excuses here, so why not take steps and do something about it?

Not meeting people? There's a link right there for a free dating website. It's how I met my girlfriend and I was in a similar situation to what you just described Serebii.

How do you even chat up someone online?

I mean, I met my ex on the internet, but we were just mates for years before getting together; now we're not even that:(

I met my boyfriend on a Doctor Who forum, as sad as that sounds. Not even a dating-thread or anything like that.. I just thought he was kinda hot so I started sending him Private Messages to get to know him. After a week or so we added each other on Facebook and now we're almost 2 years into a relationship.

Not the safest and not the best way to do things but it worked. If you want a relationship, just be very forward and be the one in control. Don't wait for people to come up to you.

If you're on a dating website, I imagine people hope/expect other people to message them, so I think you're worrying too much about it, Kurtle. Just say hi and ask a harmless question about something in their profile ("you said you like reading, what's your favorite.../have you read.../what did you think of...?"). Questions are always good, because it shows interest and they don't need to worry about what they're going to write when they message you back. :smile:

I met my boyfriend on a Doctor Who forum, as sad as that sounds.

Hey, at least it wasn't a Red Dwarf forum. [/QINC reference]

Edited by Magnus

I met my boyfriend on a Doctor Who forum, as sad as that sounds. Not even a dating-thread or anything like that.. I just thought he was kinda hot so I started sending him Private Messages to get to know him. After a week or so we added each other on Facebook and now we're almost 2 years into a relationship.

Not the safest and not the best way to do things but it worked. If you want a relationship, just be very forward and be the one in control. Don't wait for people to come up to you.

I can beat that:

Neopets.

Went to stay at her house in another country for two weeks a few years later.

4 years or so actually a couple.

Then the mind-fuck of a breakup.:(:nono:

Edited by Kurtle Squad

I can beat that:

Neopets.

Went to stay at her house in another country for two weeks a few years later.

4 years or so actually a couple.

Then the mind-fuck of a breakup.:(:nono:

Well, you knew it wasn't going to end well when you met her on a Neopets forum. :heh:

Well, you knew it wasn't going to end well when you met her on a Neopets forum. :heh:

We were kids at the time.

Back when I was only allowed online for half an hour a day, during the days of pay-as-you-go dial-up, and Hamtaro was on Fox Kids (I don't know why I remember the last bit).

The Chia's were all over me. I was more of a Jubjub man myself but beggers can't be choosers.

Don't talk to me about Krawk's though.

Haha guys, even here has seen it's fair share! I mean Flink and Eenuh have been together a long time now..

I can't recall how long, I'm sure one of them will come in and tell me! :)

So you've had an online experience and are still pessimistic about joining an online dating site. It's started to seem like you'll find an excuse for every Kurtle. Be a man and sort it out.

I was kinda attracted to one of my friends for a while. Now he didn't want a relationship, and I didn't want casual. But I found out that he's got a internet romance going and it's bugging me more than I want to admit :o Think its been going on for a long time (not one of these things you announce the minute you meet someone I guess) but it seems a little dirty that he'd be willing to have teh sexs while being emotional engaged to someone else that he cannot physically have.

Maybe I'm just being silly?

I was kinda attracted to one of my friends for a while. Now he didn't want a relationship, and I didn't want casual. But I found out that he's got a internet romance going and it's bugging me more than I want to admit :o Think its been going on for a long time (not one of these things you announce the minute you meet someone I guess) but it seems a little dirty that he'd be willing to have teh sexs while being emotional engaged to someone else that he cannot physically have.

I don't think 'silly' is the right word but I can see exactly where you're coming from. If it were me I'd be exactly the same. Everyone wants some and if you can't get it from the person you're with on the internets then you need to go elsewhere?

I've been 'seeing' a girl for the past 6 1/2 months. It started off really well but then she got busy with college and I haven't been able to see her much but stayed in constant contact. Saw her about a month ago for my birthday and it was exactly the same as before. I know that I'm not going to get everything I need from her so therefore there are other girls in the picture too. Seeing my ex is a total mind-fuck because I realised recently that I do like her again now in a big way and I've got no idea how to go about getting back with her or if she thinks the same! We were really good friends before going out and are still good friends now (although since finishing uni I don't see her as much!).

You need to keep your options open if you're not tied down. Being in a relationship with someone is when you cut of all ties with other people because you like the girl so much she's the only one you want.

It depends on what type of relationship the internet romance is. Really, the only thing that matters is that everyone involved agrees on the "rules" of the relationship.

I've nothing against him having an internet thing or whatever... I think it could partly be jealously - although I hate to admit that part - and the whole other part of being concerned that i'm just being used and she might not know what he's at. If all parties are aware and agreeable I'm sure its fine but it wouldn't surprise me for him to just keep schtum about the whole getting sex from someone else part.

I've nothing against him having an internet thing or whatever... I think it could partly be jealously - although I hate to admit that part - and the whole other part of being concerned that i'm just being used and she might not know what he's at. If all parties are aware and agreeable I'm sure its fine but it wouldn't surprise me for him to just keep schtum about the whole getting sex from someone else part.

Yeah, it's the last part I meant. If he really has no problems sleeping with people on the side without it being okay with his internet girlfriend, then he's just being a douche. What I don't know is the seriousness of the internet romance - if there is even talk of an actual relationship in which the "rules" can be broken.

I don't really understand what you mean by the relationship part.... you say he cannot physically have this person, do you just mean on occassion?

he cannot physically have this girl on t'internets, she lives in america and I think he has no intentions of meeting her, yet continues the whole relationship online.

lol.

Personally, it sounds like you've dodgy a bullet, he's not willing to disconnect a relationship with someone he sounds like he's never met and probably never will.

Honestly, if he's not willing to commit to you, why bother? He's only going to sit around pinning for some girl in America and it's his own damn fault if he turns away from you, when he could have someone he could actually see and be with. Pssh.

I don't really see how it's a relationship then? Does he call it that? Is it not just a great friendship?

If he's never going to/got no real intension of meeting this person, you can't really look upon him [or her] as 'cheating', or you feel bad about anything that may happen, because they both don't surely intend to have a relationship with their computer for the rest of their lives?

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah I know, his logic isn't that sound is it? I don't expect that he'll give up this girl ("we're addicted to each other" in his words) and I'm not giving in and being the no strings, so I can't ever see this working... sadly. There's never been a LOT of movement in that department between us. We'd discussed it occasionally but neither of us was budging from what we wanted :/ So I can't say I'm overly heartbroken.

his brother is cute though.....:heh: