NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I was thinking about this today and I realised that my main problem is that I seem to go for guys with high standards looks wise. Sure, I'm nothing special and I know that compared to other girls I haven't got a chance but should that matter? I spoke to a guy recently who I liked, we had loads in common, got on really well and he said he liked me back but then one day he just stopped messaging me after we'd met up for a drink. No idea what went wrong there.

You sound just like what some of the women I've spoken to hate about dating sites.

It's what some women are on there for.

*shrugs

I was thinking about this today and I realised that my main problem is that I seem to go for guys with high standards looks wise. Sure, I'm nothing special and I know that compared to other girls I haven't got a chance but should that matter? I spoke to a guy recently who I liked, we had loads in common, got on really well and he said he liked me back but then one day he just stopped messaging me after we'd met up for a drink. No idea what went wrong there.

Honestly, that is weird. did you constantly talk pokemon with him the whole time? That might explain it :p

Yup.

Serebii, I've said it before! You have to stop blaming anyone else. You have options available and you're not taking them. It's no surprise that mates with girlfriends don't want to go on the pull. You can join clubs (and everything else I mentioned previously!) and you should try the online dating. I really, really, really don't see why you're so against the idea. If you've never had a relationship then you have no basis for saying that those formed online are somehow inferior.

Tsk. Yeah I'm just a little bored of the recycled serebii moan posts in this thread! Man up!

I wasn't moaning. I actually was out away from those friends on Tuesday and I froze so I came here to ask for advice on what to actually do in those situations :P Didn't come in moaning and wasn't the one who brought them up :p

Don't make me turn all Kurtle on you :p

Honestly, that is weird. did you constantly talk pokemon with him the whole time? That might explain it :p

We did talk about it, yes :p we're both fans so it seemed like a good conversation topic. Didn't talk about it the whole time though!

We did talk about it, yes :p we're both fans so it seemed like a good conversation topic. Didn't talk about it the whole time though!

Him not messaging you is probably his way (and the wrong way really) of saying, this probably won't go anywhere.

Again, as a female, you need not fret. You truly have the pick of the litter and are much better prepared to be more picky. There are a ton load more guys who are into Pokemon than there are women unfortunately.

If I move back to the uk for a few months can I take serebii on the pull then have a date with an NE girl?

If I move back to the uk for a few months can I take serebii on the pull then have a date with an NE girl?
Nightwolf and Kaytee... "Cooooooome oooon Doooown!"

Am I right in thinking these are the only N-E girls we have that actually live in England?... that are available for dating anyway. [and Molly if she counts/is single]

Where them girls at?

Edited by Retro_Link

Nightwolf and Kaytee... "Cooooooome oooon Doooown!"

Am I right in thinking these are the only N-E girls we have that actually live in England?... that are available for dating anyway. [and Molly if she counts/is single]

Where them girls at?

Pancake too?

Did you get a reply?

Not yet! Somehow, I doubt I will.

have a date with an NE girl?

180542_103645899711585_100001985263163_22729_3072603_n.jpg

Are you her pimp?

Nah, I'm afraid it's much worse than that. I've suspected it for a while now; I think ReZ believes he is Doctor Wo-Man.

Wussed out of talking to my girl about the long distance issue again. I suck.

Realised today that I suck at talking to new people. Should really try and work on that at some point!

Realised today that I suck at talking to new people. Should really try and work on that at some point!

Hi, I'm Ellmeister I'm new, how's it going?

Hi, I'm Ellmeister I'm new, how's it going?

:)

Good thanks. How about you?

(This is where I get to before I realise I have no idea what to say next, pretty lame really).

(This is where I get to before I realise I have no idea what to say next, pretty lame really).

Ask about work. People spend most of their lives there, so they usually have quite a lot to say about it. If they just say "I'm a *job title*" and don't really expand, probe deeper. Ask what a normal day involves, what the people they work with are like, is it a career or just another job, what career would they like etc. If they have any sense they'll try to keep it positive (being negative is no way to win over a lady!) but be prepared for a whinge!

It's not exactly an exciting topic, but it could lead to off topic discussion or at least get conversation flowing enough to get an idea what to ask next.

Ask about work. People spend most of their lives there, so they usually have quite a lot to say about it. If they just say "I'm a *job title*" and don't really expand, probe deeper. Ask what a normal day involves, what the people they work with are like, is it a career or just another job, what career would they like etc. If they have any sense they'll try to keep it positive (being negative is no way to win over a lady!) but be prepared for a whinge!

It's not exactly an exciting topic, but it could lead to off topic discussion or at least get conversation flowing enough to get an idea what to ask next.

Thanks, i'll try this next time I go out. Seems like a pretty standard topic to talk about, don't know why I didn't think of it before.

You're female. That means (rather obviously) you don't have a penis) you can do anything you want and you'll still get attention from everybody. Just talk about something they have on their profile. If htey like sport, ask about that, if they like COD, ask about that, if they like Tae-Kwon-Do, ask about that. It doesn't matter if you like it or not because everyone loves talking about themsleves. All you have to do is nod and say 'yeah, that's so interesting!', or "omg, really?".

I would liken myself to having something like...Tourettes, except with weird comments instead of swear words. When meeting new people, I either make personal comments (positive or neutral ones, of course. I always want to know how dudes keep their hair nice and long, beause I'm impatient), or try to find out whether or not they like Pokemon. Don't talk about your/their job! It's boring imo. Ask them what song would be playing in the background if aliens suddenly landed and entered the room. Make a zombie apocalypse evacuation plan for your current location.

Note: this seems to repel all potential female friends...

You're female. That means (rather obviously) you don't have a penis) you can do anything you want and you'll still get attention from everybody. Just talk about something they have on their profile. If htey like sport, ask about that, if they like COD, ask about that, if they like Tae-Kwon-Do, ask about that. It doesn't matter if you like it or not because everyone loves talking about themsleves. All you have to do is nod and say 'yeah, that's so interesting!', or "omg, really?".

Disagree. You don't want to stand there cranking out "yes", "no", "omgwtfbbq" like a robot. You want to either talk about something you're interested in, or listen to something you're interested in - it's more genuine/meaningful than simply listening for the sake of it.

Disagree. You don't want to stand there cranking out "yes", "no", "omgwtfbbq" like a robot. You want to either talk about something you're interested in, or listen to something you're interested in - it's more genuine/meaningful than simply listening for the sake of it.

Yeah, You could like and pretend to like that stuff but you should find something you actually have in common and then talk about that. You can still let the other person do the talking if you're happier to be the listener but obviously Charlie just wants a girl who will always want him to talk about himself :p