NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

So, Team Meat will develop for Nintendo IF and only IF they ensured Meat Boy is guaranteed as a playable character in the next SSB game.

McMillen: "I want Meat Boy to be in Smash Bros. That would be the one reason I'd really want to develop for a Nintendo console."

Refenes: "That would be amazing! If they could guarantee us Meat Boy would be in Smash Bros., we would do something."

McMillen: "Nintendo are you listening? Smash Bros! We would ask for nothing in return. Just f***ing use the character. Put him in the game. It's free!"

Refenes: "If they wanted Mew-Genics or something and they could promise us Meat Boy would be in the game we'd develop Mew-Genics for them. Not exclusively, of course. This is how they would buy it from us. And that's a very cheap price."

Complete Discussion: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-02-team-meat-on-cats-consoles-and-its-wish-for-super-meat-boy

I say no. The next Smash Bros will have very few 3rd Party characters, why waste the spot on characters like Meat Boy there are others more deserving.

Sod Meat Boy, stupid character anyway and not in any way in keeping with the image/no gore of Smash Bros.

I'd prefer no third party characters at all.

Sod Meat Boy, stupid character anyway and not in any way in keeping with the image/no gore of Smash Bros.

I'd prefer no third party characters at all.

I'd settle with just Sonic, as Sonic sort of fits there now

Yeah, Sonic is not just a cool character, but also one who has a very long & rich history.

Sonic has also teamed with Mario in 6 games outside of Smash Bros. He's almost a Nintendo character. Part of me wants Nintendo to buy Sonic Team and the Sonic license...especially as Sega are focusing more on Arcade and Smartphones now

Edited by Serebii

I didn't really like how he saved the day in Brawl though I have to say, that should have been a job for the whole team.

Well Sonic was introduced very late into development of Smash Bros which is why they kinda shoehorned him in like that into the story though it might have been better if he was just an unlockable character like Wolf and Jigglypuff. I hope Snake and Sonic are in the new Smash Bros game, it would be a shame not to have them since they had very unique and fun fighting styles.

And there's no chance of Meat Boy being in the next Smash Bros since they didn't even release Super Meat Boy on Wii Shop.

I hope Snake and Sonic are in the new Smash Bros game, it would be a shame not to have them since they had very unique and fun fighting styles.

I agree, especially with Snake. He was far and away my favourite brawler.

yeah snake was funny, when he used intel about the characters haha he was like wtf!

i would love to hear voice acting for the game, but i dont care if they do it or not.

After Nintendo & SEGA's partnership it's practically a certainty that Sonic will keep his place in the next Smash Bros. The real question is; will he be an unlockable character or start in the initial roster.

You know what I'd like to see? An absolute wealth of assist trophies and pokemons. Like...so many you won't even see them all until you've played for like 100 hours or something stupid. Possibly tier them different as well(different calibers of pokeball giving increased odds of better/more mental pokemans) though always still possibility of goldeens or crap ones. I don't know why really. I guess I just like that unpredictable nature/rush for a pokeball/assist trophy. Maybe even have an assist trophy or two that backfire on the character that gets them(dud hammers were so fun, especially squeaky goldens).

New Images Approaching!! :D

Be prepared for your first look at Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS this coming Tuesday.

Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros. series, has taken to Twitter to tantalize gamers about the new entry's forthcoming reveal. The game, which is being co-developed by Namco Bandai, is coming to Wii U and 3DS, though details have been scare since its initial announcement at E3 2011.

sakurai.jpg

For those of you who don't speak Japanese, here's a rough translation of what he had to say:

"Please take note: on the Nintendo Direct broadcast on June 11, we will be showing the first images of our new Smash Bros - simultaneously, worldwide, at the same time."

We already knew Smash Bros. was going to be revealed at E3, and that it would make an appearance in the next Nintendo Direct (set to air June 11 at 7:00am PDT). Since Sakurai-san is going out of his way to hype this broadcast, we're hoping to see some gameplay footage, or perhaps even a trailer, for this new game.

I wonder if they do a megaton and actually confirm a 3rd party character at that time, even if it's “only” Sonic or Snake. It would go a long way toward creating some hype for Nintendo during E3.

I doubt Snake will be in it again. Brawl seemed to be a "favour" for Kojima which he never repaid. Plus Nintendo probably wouldn't pay for Kiefer Sutherland.

Sonic....with the recent Sega/Nintendo relationship I'd actually be surprised if he isn't in it.

I doubt Snake will be in it again. Brawl seemed to be a "favour" for Kojima which he never repaid. Plus Nintendo probably wouldn't pay for Kiefer Sutherland.

Yeah I saw it in the other thread. I’m not a MGS fan in general, but to be frank, I don’t want Kiefer Sutherland. To be honest, he can repay the favour by letting Snake “have another smash” at it. Classic snake that is :D.

Sonic....with the recent Sega/Nintendo relationship I'd actually be surprised if he isn't in it.

Me too, but nonetheless it will create some extra hype!

and Paper Mario.

At the very least it could be an alternate costume but otherwise having another 'Mario' would be cheap and waste what few slots remain.

Hrm it's coming to 3DS? One less reason to invest in a Wii U then. :p

At the very least it could be an alternate costume but otherwise having another 'Mario' would be cheap and waste what few slots remain.

Make Dr Mario a costume, have Paper Mario with paper abilities.

Also, Young Link and Gannondorf deserve their own moveset.

Hrm it's coming to 3DS? One less reason to invest in a Wii U then. :p

I don't believe it'll be the same game across two formats. I believe it'll be two separate games which can interact

Smash Bros to me anyway is always at its best on one huge screen with four people screaming at each other.

"Stop spamming the lightning Pikachu!!"

Make Dr Mario a costume, have Paper Mario with paper abilities.

Also, Young Link and Gannondorf deserve their own moveset.

Agree with you on Dr. Mario. Thought it was silly to have him as a separate character in Melee.

Do you think we'll see Young Link? I think it could be the Link from ALTTP 2.

If Paper Mario is included do you think he'll play/act in a similar style to Mr. Game & Watch?

Do you think we'll see Young Link? I think it could be the Link from ALTTP 2.

Young/Toon/Cel/Little/Kid/Whatever they want to call him this time.