N-Europe

Hitman: Absolution

Cube

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just completed this. Very good game, can be completed quickly if you go in all guns blazing (which I intend to do on some of the busier levels sometime soon for fun) but it's mostly fun* trying to keep things silent assassin style.

*Can take the piss when you're waiting for something to happen which you know will happen.

I hate the game in general. There are parts of levels that remind me of Blood Money, but before I have a chance to start enjoying myself, someone usually sees through my disguise and I have to replay everything, and then I remember what trash I'm actually playing.

The rest just plays like Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Edit: That said, I am extremely disappointed that this is nothing like Blood Money.

You know what this reminds me of? Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

And I hate Silent Assassin.

For two reasons, mainly: a) disguises are useless, and b) the save system is awful. Guess what my two biggest problems with this game were? :indeed:

Not that the tiny levels (probably a symptom of the improved graphics - admittedly, the game looks really good, but I'd prefer larger levels) did the game any favors. I'm sure the level designers intended for it to feel like you were playing a larger level split into smaller areas, but instead if feels like you're playing four levels where your only goal is to reach a door until you're finally allowed to kill someone.

The one good thing about the tiny levels is that you're usually not sent back too far every time you have to start over.

The save system still really kills it for me, though. There are parts of levels that remind me of Blood Money, where you're actually tasked with killing someone and you have to multiple ways of going about it. But it's no fun exploring your options when it means sneaking past guards in every room and you'll have to start over/kill everyone who ever lived if they look at you for three seconds.

And don't you hate it when game developers wish they were writing Hollywood movies? I feel embarrassed for whoever wrote this tripe. Hitman games have never had particularly strong stories, but the increased focus on the story in this installment really highlights how terrible it is. Long cutscenes of 47 failing to kill people and the bad guys being as disgusting and one-dimensional as possible.

Basically, the PC Gamer review is spot on. This is the complete opposite of what I want from Hitman, and I can't even appreciate it as a generic non-Hitman stealth game (Splinter Cell called - it wants its gameplay back) because if there's one thing I will not accept in stealth games, it's not being able to save anywhere I want.

Maybe Hitman: Abortion would have been a more fitting name after all.

Awww didn't think it was that bad. Rather enjoyed it. Although the impression that all the guards of the same close are such close buddies that everyone could detect who you were was annoying.

Something which never made sense to me, Victoria was meant to be the perfect creation, yet she turns into practically a vegetable when she's not wearing a bloody necklace.

Nothing in this game makes any sense.

The main non-Agency bad guy has captured Victoria and puts on her necklace again for some reason. She starts murdering everyone in the room without breaking a sweat, the boss man is standing in the same room and doesn't seem to worry that she's going to kill the person who kidnapped her. Then another guard grabs her from behind and apparently she can't fight back this time.

Anyway, you'd think the Agency would just put the necklace inside of her like a pacemaker or something.

As for the awful way disguises work, my favorite thing about it is how 47 completely ignores masks. Not that they'd make any difference, since enemies can see through your disguises from a hundred feet away when you're not even facing them.