N-Europe

N-E Quiz 2011

jayseven

4) In my iTunes library, I have 10 artists/bands whose name begins with N. Name 3 for the point.

No Doubt

New Young Pony Club

Natasha Bedingfield

Technically both wrong and right simultaneously, becuase 2 of the 3 are correct, and the other I only have as a feat. (which I don't actually have written down in the song info).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. To put it vaguely, the Klein bottle doesn't have an inside or an outside. In a topological sense, it's a non-orientable surface (like a Mobius strip) but it has no boundary.

Yes, so why would I ask about its sinisterness?

Nicki Minaj?

Yes! Natasha Bedingfield features on Nicki Minaj's Last Chance.

Point awarded.

The choices were:

Neil Young

Neko Case

Nelly Furtado

Neon Indian

Neutral Milk Hotel

New Young Pony Club

Nicki Minaj

Nicole Atkins

No Doubt

Noah And The Whale

Thats technically 5/6/7/howevermany issues / not the answer I'm looking for, because it actually sold not amazingly at the time, relative to its impact. Talking a single issue.

I am going to guess Amazing Spider-Man (volume...3/4?) Issue 36.

I don't know if this is true/havn't looked/epic credit if correct.

And if not that, then X-Men (Jim Lee) #1.

Yes, so why would I ask about its sinisterness?

Hmm... well technically it has no volume? And it's like a Mobius strip in as much as it only has one side. (Sorry, I'm not sure what you're looking for. I haven't done much topology.)

Hmm... well technically it has no volume? And it's like a Mobius strip in as much as it only has one side. (Sorry, I'm not sure what you're looking for. I haven't done much topology.)

Was playing on the word sinister, which archaicly means left (as opposed to right) -- you can't consistently orientate yourself on the Klein bottle.

But I'll give you a point, because you're great.

Was playing on the word sinister, which archaicly means left (as opposed to right) -- you can't consistently orientate yourself on the Klein bottle.

But I'll give you a point, because you're great.

Wow that flew over my head! Clever.

Question 10:

C'est la vie

RSVP (or 'répondez s'il vous plaît' if you prefer)

Passé

Blasé

Karaoke

Pyjamas

Paparazzi/o

Graffiti/o (although it seems the singular of both of these are less known/used)

Non-sequitur

Deus ex machina

Tablua rasa

Thrown in extras because I'm not sure how "every day" some of those are.

Edited by Ashley

- Deja-vu

- pyjamas

- carte blanche

- Respondez, sil vous plait

- rendezous

- cul-de-sac

- feng shui

- camaraderie

- cafe

... French is easiest. Avoided latin. Not sure if these fit nicely enough? TBF much of the language has been stolen...

Gosh darn, beaten to it.

(by miles! didn't see a 2nd page)

8. Catch 22!

We believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world much as it exists today, but for reasons unknown made it appear that the universe is billions of years old (instead of thousands) and that life evolved into its current state (rather than created in its current form). Every time a researcher carries out an experiment that appears to confirm one of these “scientific theories” supporting an old earth and evolution we can be sure that the FSM is there, modifying the data with his Noodly Appendage. We don’t know why He does this but we believe He does, that is our Faith.

3. The world as we know it was created by the unicorn prince. The unicorn prince had no friends of his own and was encouraged to take up a hobby by his parents, the king and queen. He stomped his hooves together 3 times and a dark substance appeared. He whinnied with delight and began to stretch the substance out to create the background for his creation.

Once the universe was fully formed, the unicorn prince sneezed magical dust into the new dimension he had created. The dust spread out into the new universe and created the astronomical bodies.

It was at this point that the unicorn kingdom was invaded by pirates and the unicorn royal family fled to Canada. The pirates discovered the unicorn prince's universe and built a ship that would let them venture into it.

After 500 billion years, the ship was finally ready and the pirates sailed through the dimensional portal into the perfect universe that the unicorn prince had created. This is where the first humans came from. We are all descended from pirates!