NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

I hope they put the previous two on Netflix before that. It's been a long time since I've seen those.

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I hope they put the previous two on Netflix before that. It's been a long time since I've seen those.

I know Bogus Journey is on there at the moment as one of my mates just watched it last week.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I know Bogus Journey is on there at the moment as one of my mates just watched it last week.

Not on mine unfortunately.

• Sad 1

The Bad Boys threequel, reuniting Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, has a release date.

Sony on Wednesday announced that Bad Boys for Life is set to hit theaters Jan. 17, 2020, the beginning of the lucrative Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend.

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah are directing the third chapter in the buddy-cop film series. The first two pics, released in 1995 and 2003, took in a collective $414.7 million worldwide, not adjusted for inflation.

Not sure if I want another film if Bay isn't directing it. The first 2 are fantastic action flicks, which is what Bay is suited to.

Think this will be Tom Cruise's last movie in Mission: Impossible? He must find it hard to keep going!

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Oh hey, another fun family film.

That was hilarious. I had a laughing fit at the end gag. The combo of her screaming, slamming into the door and then him firing everywhere was hilarious.

Definietly will be seeing this with the lads at the cinema. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That was hilarious. I had a laughing fit at the end gag. The combo of her screaming, slamming into the door and then him firing everywhere was hilarious.

Really? :D I thought it was horribly unfunny. :p

Maybe it's because I never watched The Muppet Show?

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's just my kind of sense of humour. It reminds me of Sausage Party, which I also found hilarious. I'm surprised me and my mates didn't get kicked out of the cinema when we watched that. We had so many loud laughing fits during the course of the movie. :D 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's just my kind of sense of humour. It reminds me of Sausage Party, which I also found hilarious. I'm surprised me and my mates didn't get kicked out of the cinema when we watched that. We had so many loud laughing fits during the course of the movie. :D 

You're the @nekunando of movies. :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You're the @nekunando of movies. :p

I'm not really into movies so I've already got the nekunando angle covered..

Plus, I can barely remember what a laughing fit feels like :blank:

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

It obviously has its roots in The muppets show, but it's not quite the same. You never grew up with the Muppets? I feel sorry for you. Here's a funny clip with Animal and a smoking hot Rita Moreno.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I thought Sausage Party was mediocre. I can definitely appreciate some "lame' comedy once in a while, but it depends on what kind. Fart jokes and stoner humour isn't my thing. Cartoon, or in this case, Muppet sex and gore, sure, I'm definitely in!

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

This looks like it could be pretty fun

I was absolutely sure I already posted the original trailer for it, but I can't find it anymore.

Edited by Sméagol

Hah well this is the red band one so more swearing yay!

Oh hey, another fun family film.

YES! YES TO EVERYTHING! This is what I've wanted: Muppets in an adult world! I'm looking forward to this!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just now, Animal said:

YES! YES TO EVERYTHING! This is what I've wanted: Muppets in an adult world! I'm looking forward to this!

It's funny how you just show up right after I posted a video of you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's funny how you just show up right after I posted a video of you.

If I was in this, it would be EPIC!

17 hours ago, Sméagol said:

You never grew up with the Muppets? I feel sorry for you.

It started airing in Germany 12 year before I was born so I never got into it.

I recently (well, three or four years ago) watched some episodes but it wasn't for me. ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon

I love The Muppets and love it even more when they go "bad" or more adult. In fact I'm really pleased with this current trend of taking things we loved as kids and bringing them back and targeting them towards adults. Stranger Things is another example. Hoping for some dark children's films-for adults soon (Neverending Story/Return to Oz/Labyrinth - we are getting a Dark Crystal prequel so I guess there'll be more on the way.)

But yeah, not always a fan of Melissa McCarthy but a new film every few years I enjoy. 

I can not find an English subtitled trailer. For those who (learning to) speak Italian ( @Ashley ) (or Dutch):

If you don't speak Italian (or Dutch), then simply know this is an Italian film based on a short American show called The booth at the end, which I thought was fantastic, and is entirely in English obviously, so check that out. It's a short show, 10 short episodes, and all about different people visiting a man at the booth at the end of a diner, all wanting some wish to be fulfilled. The man gives them a task in order to accomplish that, with tasks varying from the mundane to truly horrible.

I watched The Dark Knight trilogy in 4K over a few nights this past week and although Batman Begins doesn't benefit much from the increased resolution and dynamic range both sequels benefit enormously thanks to having substantial stretches shot in IMAX. The aspect ratio changes are a bit jarring at first but accentuate the difference in clarity between 35 & 70mm and are probably the most impressive visuals I've seen in UHD, I'd recommend anyone looking for an impressive show of what 4K can bring to the table check out at least the opening heist of The Dark Knight in 4K.

As an interesting aside it's 10 years this July since The Dark Knight came out, I remember vividly the hype and the build up to release on this very forum, doesn't feel like that long ago.