NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

14 hours ago, drahkon said:

Watched Game Night just now.

One of the best comedies I've seen in ages. No childish sex-jokes, no unnecessary profanities or annoying side characters. The movie doesn't take itself too seriously; it's simply a fun ride with a surprisingly good story.

I watched it the other week and I wasn't a huge fan of it. The premise of the movie changes halfway through it and it's worse off for it. Had the whole film been about them believing it was a game night then I probably would have enjoyed it a little more.

I seen Creed II on Friday night and was pretty disappointed by it. The story wasn't that great and the training montage, something I look forward to in these films, was pretty bland. Also, I just really dislike Adonis as a character. He was a bit of a dick in the first film and this carries on in this film as well. The disrespect he shows to Rocky is maddening to watch. Drago's son was a far more interesting character and I would have liked to have seen him given more story and screen time. I actually felt sorry for and was rooting for him, which is the first time I have ever felt like that towards an antagonist in a Rocky movie. The film is certainly one of the weaker entries in the franchise.

• Like 1

I caught a Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse preview on Saturday and it was stunning. Must-watch for any fans. Probably the best Spider-Man movie so far. And to think, I was so cynical when it was announced.

• Like 1

On 17-11-2018 at 12:56 AM, Animal said:

Just watched Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Absolutely LOVED it! It's got mixed reviews and I understand why but I adored it. It had the charm of Fantastic Beasts and added more to the Harry Potter world too

Went to see it yesterday and yes it was good! Not great good but very entertaining, and I love how they start connecting to the Harry Potter timeline. Some subtle and not so subtle nods to the main series. What I missed was a general story; part one had the introduction of the setting and the characters, and the whole Creedence story and finding the beasts back. But here it was a lot of setting up, and I missed a story within the bigger story so to say. Still loved it though.

Only don't know why it is called The Crimes Of Grindelwald? I haven't really seen him do that much criminal stuff besides

escaping prison, and clearing off a bunch of Aurors in the end. Holding a rally is not really a crime now is it? Or are they referring back to his crimes in Europe for which he got arrested in the first place? Still a silly name.

And God I love Godzilla movies. Very interested to see how King Of Monsters turns out.

Bit worried they're going to spend too much of the film focusing on Eleven and not enough on the monsters, but still. It looks good!

1 minute ago, Animal said:

I'm not sure...I need to see his face

Sent by the sexiest animal alive using a HTC One M8 with a broken screen protector

48190405_10100216439247924_2725553969362

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Animal said:

I'm not sure...I need to see his face

Furry style à la Pikachu detective, but face like Sanic.

Just seen Predestination.

Well...I figured out the "twist" halfway through the movie which isn't particularly difficult to do. Sooo I was a little disappointed with the ending. But now that I've given everything a thorough thought I can say: It's brilliant. 

Everything makes sense but actually...it doesn't.

My kind of movie :D 

Another poster for the Sonic movie:

DuLalexXgAAmRWA.jpg

Not only is Sonic fast, he has a really fast camera as well.

Just watched Ender's Game

Got the impression from reviews that it would be terrible, but it was actually really good and pretty true to the book as far as I can remember. Not sure what all the criticisms were about to be honest.

Also, just got back from seeing Into the Spiderverse.

Fantastic film, and hugely funny too. Love me some Nick Miller Spider-Man .

I'm going to the cinema tonight to watch Into the Spiderverse. I'm looking very much forward to that even though I'm a bit rusty in the Spider-verse. Mainly my knowledge about it comes from the animated series from the 90s and then a little from the comics.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I'm going to the cinema tonight to watch Into the Spiderverse. I'm looking very much forward to that even though I'm a bit rusty in the Spider-verse. Mainly my knowledge about it comes from the animated series from the 90s and then a little from the comics.

That sounds like the perfect way to go into watching a film like this. :D

Even I want to see this latest animated Spider-Man film at some point and I'm not even that bothered about superhero films, at least not most of the live-action ones.

Animated though... I'm at least interested, it looks really good, the reviews are solid and I understand that it uses several different animation styles throughout.

I can remember watching some of the animated series back in the day, watching at least two of the early 00's Spider-Man films, the odd game or comic and that's it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. :peace:

That sounds like the perfect way to go into watching a film like this.
Even I want to see this latest animated Spider-Man film at some point and I'm not even that bothered about superhero films, at least not most of the live-action ones.
Animated though... I'm at least interested, it looks really good, the reviews are solid and I understand that it uses several different animation styles throughout.
I can remember watching some of the animated series back in the day, watching at least two of the early 00's Spider-Man films, the odd game or comic and that's it.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. :peace:
The animation is incredible, especially the final sequence - just jaw-dropping!

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack too. I'm not a massive fan of hip-hop, but some of the tracks were 'fire' or indeed, 'lit'.
  • Thanks 1

Into the Spiderverse is an awesome movie, both for casuals and for the nerds. It has tons of references to the Spider-man Universes, but the story is very down to Earth(s 1-2-3-4-...) and very easy to follow. Then humour is spot on and the acting is great. And don't get me started on the visuals, truly masterful and comic-y. 

That was a great movie...!

• Like 1

Watched Split last night. I already knew the twist, but it was still a really good film, and I greatly enjoyed it. McAvoy is fantastic as well.

It was on the IMDB app yesterday evening so I don't think it's really a leak? Anyway, here it is:

Don't really like the look of it. 

6 hours ago, Julius said:

MIB 4 trailer

Can't get enough of Tessa Thompson 

Edit: as for Hellboy.. I was looking forward to it, still am I guess, but the trailer doesn't do much for me.

Edited by Sméagol

Yeah Tessa Thompson is wonderful. 

Although, who pronounces taco with a 'h'?

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Yeah Tessa Thompson is wonderful. 

Although, who pronounces taco with a 'h'?

Tacho? Macho taco?