NEurope
Dante

Total Recall Remake

Jessica Biel Up For A "Total Recall" Role

The other week came word of potential casting for the two key female roles in the upcoming Len Wiseman-directed remake of "Total Recall" at Sony Pictures. Now, Variety reports that one of those possibilities has come true with Jessica Biel having landed one of the roles.

As previously reported, the plan is to stick closer to Philip K. Dick’s short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" than the previous film did. Set on a futuristic Earth, Colin Farrell plays factory worker Douglas Quaid who begins to think he’s a spy, but he doesn’t know whether it’s for Euromerica or New Shanghai - one of the two superpower countries in this world.

Biel was said to be reading for the part of Melina, a love interest role said to be substantially different from that of Rachel Ticotin's character in the original. However it's unsure if that's the role she's locked.

The other part is Quaid's wife, a role that proved Sharon Stone's breakout role in the 1990 original. Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger were reportedly vying for that part. Bryan Cranston has already been confirmed as Euromerica leader Vilos Cohaagen who plots to invade New Shanghai.

It's not really an Total Recall remake if it following more closer to "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale".

While I'm no fan of the need Hollywood has to remake everything, I never quite understood Total Recall's perceived "untouchable" status. It was fun to watch, but not much more than a B-Movie with something to say. Unless that's why it's so sacred...?

It's a fucking amazing action movie- and the dialog! It's just fantastic fun to watch.

If they were trying to remake the original movie I'd be pissed because they'd just be replacing Arnie and Arnie is at the core of what makes it so enjoyable. His delivery of the one-liners alone is just incredible entertainment.

But they're not, thank god! There's room in the original short story for an entirely new film from the sounds of it.

I did watch it on a small TV while in bed. Maybe it's not condusive to appreciating it. I did like it, just wasn't blown away.

Based on the potential casting from that link.

Recall.jpg

chris_rock.jpg

"I got five kids ta feed n*gga!"

Is the original Total Recal on Bluray?

Apart from some of the eye-popping CGI, it looks brilliant on Blu-Ray.

So from what's being said, there will no getting of the asses to Mars...

I'm having doubts already.

Apart from some of the eye-popping CGI, it looks brilliant on Blu-Ray.

No CGI needed to pop these eyes out baby.

10961711_gal.jpg

No CGI needed to pop these eyes out baby.

Well, that part looked like terrible CGI.

Well, that part looked like terrible CGI.

Isn't it simply animatronics?

Everything's all about CGI to kids these days...

ah the Narrow minds of you all

I was out at "Colin Farrell".

I had an open mind right up until I read those two words.