N-Europe

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Mokong

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, did almost 10,000 steps today, went in all the game shops and still got no Miis. To make matters worse, I spent the coins on StreetPass Quest and although I finally got past the 3rd room, I didn't get a new hat.

I'll spend my coins on jigsaw pieces from now on. It's the nicer thing to do, really, as someone else might need your duplicates.

I'll spend my coins on jigsaw pieces from now on. It's the nicer thing to do, really, as someone else might need your duplicates.

I didn't think of that. From now on I will spend the coins on the puzzles, although who knows how long it will be until I actually meet someone else :nono:

Looks like level 7 is as high as the warriors can go in StreetPass Quest - my wife and my 3DSs swapped data again this evening, and she didn't level up. Not that I really need it - her Mii's been able to make short work of a couple of ghosts in one turn today!

I really love exchanging data and earning coins, but I hope Nintendo send an update with new games at some point - I can see myself beating the Quest and buying all the puzzle pieces really quickly, and unless more games use Play Coins, I'll be maxes out at 300 within a few months..

I hope Nintendo send an update with new games at some point

In general I hope that they continue to update and support the 3DS more than they did with the previous DS's and the Wii. Unfortunately what they used to do is just release a couple of updates with actual content, but unfortunately most of them were just to try and stop the homebrewers.

I certainly would like it if we saw new AR games, Streetpass puzzles and quests, more Faceraiders levels, additional ways to spend coins etc. in the future. Hopefully Nintendo have learned from the past, and are willing to do things differently this time around.

Looks like level 7 is as high as the warriors can go in StreetPass Quest

Considering this particular system, that's alright with me. I think the game shops are getting suspicious of me going in them so much now!

I really love exchanging data and earning coins, but I hope Nintendo send an update with new games at some point - I can see myself beating the Quest and buying all the puzzle pieces really quickly, and unless more games use Play Coins, I'll be maxes out at 300 within a few months..

Hmm, I can't see myself completing either soon. If you don't have a friend with a 3DS, you have to rely on level 1 Miis and cat warriors, which take ages to beat a ghost.

I certainly would like it if we saw new AR games, Streetpass puzzles and quests, more Faceraiders levels, additional ways to spend coins etc. in the future. Hopefully Nintendo have learned from the past, and are willing to do things differently this time around.

Hadn't thought of that. Would be cool.

Anybody thinking of changing their t-shirt colour to help people out?

On the contrary, in our region some clever spark decided we could use it as free press. They made a Mii called GAME which has the greeting set to "Trade In To Save".

The Regional Manager liked it so much he's asked us all to ensure we have StreetPass on with the message and such. Clever idea.

Anyone else think that Play Coins are a bit too easy to get? I put my 3DS in my pocket just before leaving for work at seven, and by half eight I usually always have my ten coins. If they'd made it so you get a coin after every 1000 steps, rather than every 100, getting the full ten each day would be much rarer - but not impossible - and the coins would be more valuable.

Anyone else think that Play Coins are a bit too easy to get? I put my 3DS in my pocket just before leaving for work at seven, and by half eight I usually always have my ten coins. If they'd made it so you get a coin after every 1000 steps, rather than every 100, getting the full ten each day would be much rarer - but not impossible - and the coins would be more valuable.

I can see where you're coming from, but in a way they are already making them more valuable by limiting the amount per day. After all, 10 coins aren't going to help you that much in the puzzle or the quest. If you're lucky you might get one or two new pieces, or advance one room. So I think it's good like this, even if I don't have any problems getting my daily ten.

Unfortunately there probably are a lot of people who walk less than 1000 steps per day, so I suppose Nintendo might have reduced the steps required for that reason too.

I think they're too easy to get too to be honest; but knowing Nintendo no game will use them anyway so they'll be pretty pointless.

I can't believe none of NIntendos launch games use them!! Why do Nintendo create these great features only to let them die!?? Why do things seem so obvious but oblivious to them?

Since it is recommended we all take 10,000 steps per day, I agree with you.

No, I think the opposite - not that 1,000 isn't easy, rather that we should get 100 coins per day if we're prepared to walk 10,000 steps. Yes, it would make the games faster to complete, but looking at it from the other point of view, it's getting frustrating completing so little each day. You might spend all your coins and get all duplicates.

Whilst I walk miles every day, my job is too rough to take my 3DS to work, and I still have to fit in my running, weight training etc. So, however easy 1,000 steps is, on a normal day it's still an anomalous thing to fit in whilst carrying the 3DS.

I GOT A KIRBY HAT! :grin: for my street quest. :)

I'm loving the hats on this, gonna be said when I get all 13 of them.

I'm proudly wearing Links hat I got yesterday, tok me ages to do that level. Though was expecting the hat and not the hat and hair. Weird seeing my Mii blonde

I'm loving the hats on this, gonna be said when I get all 13 of them.

I'm proudly wearing Links hat I got yesterday, tok me ages to do that level. Though was expecting the hat and not the hat and hair. Weird seeing my Mii blonde

Awesome! :grin:

I spend all my play coins on adventurers or whatever and I've seen like 8 people in street pass a few times so some are level 3/4 now. :)

No, I think the opposite - not that 1,000 isn't easy, rather that we should get 100 coins per day if we're prepared to walk 10,000 steps.

I'm averaging between 8000 and 10000 steps per day. If there wasn't a limit on coins, I'd have completed StreetPass Quest and the puzzle already, and have nothing left to spend my hundreds of coins on. I just really hope Nintendo keep adding new puzzles and quests. Or even just more games or utilities we could spend the coins on. To be honest, I can't really think of many useful things that could be bought in games, but being able to spend coins on, say, new themes or backgrounds for the OS would be brilliant. Won't happen, though.

Anyway, I spent half an hour walking around a fairly empty town centre this evening, as was pleased to see I'd met someone on StreetPass. My joy was short lived, though, when I discovered that my wife, who, like last weekend, had been with me pretty much the whole time, picked up three StreetPasses in the same period of time! ::shrug:

On the contrary, in our region some clever spark decided we could use it as free press. They made a Mii called GAME which has the greeting set to "Trade In To Save".

The Regional Manager liked it so much he's asked us all to ensure we have StreetPass on with the message and such. Clever idea.

Sounds like you work for Tom Nook.