N-Europe

Music & Memories

Murr

I was just chatting to a friend of mine at work, and we were discussing a night that happened about 10 years ago. Having some laughs from it, and then my friend said..

"I can remember her with her school tie tied around her head, head banging to Offspring The Kid's aren't all right!"

this brought back a lot of good laughs I had towards the end of Senior school and throughout my whole time at college.

and for alot of the memories I can remember music with them...

a few examples...

In 2001, I was 14, on a beach at Brean with one of my best friends at the time and 4 girls, it was around 11:30ish (PM), we were drunk, Me and my friend were camping near by. We had a fire and were all laughing and chatting.

While on the beach I kissed one of the girls, We had a CD player with us, and at the time Alice Deejay - Better off alone was playing, then followed by Chicane - Salt water.

Another one was when I was 18, I had a girlfriend and had only been with her a few weeks up to this point. We went to town with some friends, and in one club, her Ex was there. He had his eye on us all night, we were dancing and Gnarls Barkley - Crazy came on, at that moment just started dancing more intense and more groapy / kissing / making out with her, all the while her Ex watching to the point where saw enough and left us alone.

Those memories I can still remember as clear as day today.

And when ever I hear the songs It always reminds me of those occasions. I've got loads more but there's no need for further examples.

are there any songs that when ever you hear, will remind you of a particular time... be it good or bad?

Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls.

In early high school, me and my friend dressed up as the Spice Girls and sang/danced along to this in front of the class at the end of a French lesson.

*wonders how this was ever acceptable*

Oh yeah... i think it was Red Nose Day.

I was Posh, and she was Ginger. There were only two of us. We didn't have any other friends. Lulz.

Tonnes. Music in relation to memory/events is very important for me.

Albums I don't even like that much are "milestones" because of when I heard them in relation to what I was doing. (Rufus Wainwright Release The Stars, Tori Amos Abnormally Attracted to Sin...)

A lot of jokes my friends and I have have their origin in music or songs too. Ride by Ciara and Take It Off by Ke$ha will always remind me of my uni trip to Amsterdam - as we sang them fully out loud whilst walking down the streets, high. I also invented the now infamous dance routine to Take It Off there too..

I remember me and my best friend were in the front garden and we had a little street party amongst neighbours on a hot sunny day and we were dancing to Who Let The Dogs Out by Baha Men and everytime he sang "WHOOO LET THE DOGS OUT!", we both shouted "I DID!". Everyone laughed and then we had a massive water fight and then at about 7, all of the kids got their blankets, lay them on the grass and we used to play Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. There was about 20 kids and we'd all listen to the radio. Literally one of the best days of my life.

Michael Jackson's Number 1's (Yesss John) and Laundry Service by Shakira remind me irrevocably of Sims 2. When I had like 5 albums to choose from, but all 5 were great. So just played them on repeat whilst playing Sims 2.