NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil: Revival

Maybe I'm a bit off anyway though, now with the new "Raccoon city" game also involving the RE2 timeline, it seems they're desparate for more retcons!

Capcom's put out

for the series' 15th anniversary.

Whilst the footage itself isn't that interesting I thought it was worth a mention here for one specific reason: it has a Games on Demand logo at the end. In other words it seems likely those asking will be looking at a full 1000 Achievement points.

Yep it would seem pretty clear from that, both games are coming as On Demand titles :) good news! Although hopefully the pricing will be fairly sensible.

Capcom's put out
for the series' 15th anniversary.

Whilst the footage itself isn't that interesting I thought it was worth a mention here for one specific reason: it has a Games on Demand logo at the end. In other words it seems likely those asking will be looking at a full 1000 Achievement points.

Yay!

But yeah i hope it is well priced!

Here's the Code Veronica achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-hd/achievements/

All of them seem story related apart from the rocket launcher and liner launcher achievements. I think you had to get a S rank ending for the rocket launcher and getting all A's on the battle mode will be a nightmare. I never actually did it on Cube version of the game but then there was no achievement for it back then. :D

So they are releasing them separately?

And 1000 points? So it's not going to be a downloadable title?

Those achievements are really basic, I expected them to at least expand the amount to 25... not 12 lol :/

Sounds pretty easy to me, I hope for more 'random' achievements for Resi 4, including a fair few for Mercenaries mode of course like the medals in Mercenaries 3D hopefully they'll include a few token ones for 5G too much like the one I obtained today for killing a chicken which was entitled... 'Chicken Hunter Portable'

Genius. :p

Exactly... I only know of a few retail games that have a mere 12 achievements or less and those include Phantasy Star Universe, E.D.F... and erm... yeah, I'm sure there are more but those spring to mind.

I'm not too concerned as all it means is they become a simple incentive to play through the game and do reasonably well, being that I'm shamefully not that familiar with Code Veronica this doesn't seem to bad; Resi 4 however is a different matter because I've played through the game in numerous iterations, multiple times and like many I absolutely adore it so some varied achievments would obviously be greatly appreciated there though I doubt we'll get them because Capcom can't be bothered. :p

Having said that though at least we're getting them on Xbox 360 so I'm just glad of the chance to play them again. :)

Release dates announced.

Capcom's considerable presence at Comic-Con 2011 has mostly revolved around two major fighting games - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. Today, during its Resident Evil panel, the publisher gave fans of the Resident Evil franchise a bit of good news - specific release dates for Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD.

Resident Evil 4 HD will be available on September 20. Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD will be available on September 27. Both titles will be available on Xbox Live Games on Demand and PSN.

In addition to high resolution visuals, both games will support achievements and trophies. Resident Evil 4 HD will include the additional content that was added to the series throughout its various iterations. Capcom didn't specify what each game would cost, but did say gamers could expect "budget pricing

Looks like these babies will have to wait as they hit right on the Gears of War 3 release period.

Looks like these babies will have to wait as they hit right on the Gears of War 3 release period.

I was just thinking the same thing!

I would have thought they would have released Code Veronica first rather than 4... keeping it in chronological order and all that.

Have we had a confirmation on price yet though? I will be buying them whatever the price is but was just curious!

Price revealed.

The forthcoming HD remakes of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X will set you back 1600 Points on Xbox Live or £15.99 on PlayStation Network, Capcom has announced.

Resi 4 launches on Xbox Live Games on Demand from 20th September and PlayStation Network from 21st September. Code: Veronica X follows on 27th September for XBL and 28th September for PSN.

Too rich for your blood? As a comparison, Ubisoft's HD remake of Beyond Good & Evil goes for 800 Points on Xbox Live Arcade, whereas you can pick up high def versions of the first two God of War titles for £13.99 a piece on PSN.

I suspect they'd make more at 1200/£10 a piece. At that price I'd probably have bought both, whereas now I might buy RE4 on its own, although I'll likely hold out for a Plus or Gold discount somewhere down the line.

In isolation I don't think the existing price is bad value for the amount of content on offer, but when you factor in all the other downloadable titles vying for people's wallets — and the fact they're fresh experiences as opposed to games people have already played — it comes off as a bit miserly on Capcom's part. And let's be honest, they could do with a bit of goodwill right about now.

It seems while the 360 game gets a full 1000G the PS3 version doesn't give out a Platinum Trophy. Needless to say the internet has exploded. :D

It seems while the 360 game gets a full 1000G the PS3 version doesn't give out a Platinum Trophy. Needless to say the internet has exploded. :D

....the fuck?

Is this both games? This may sway me towards the 360 versions then. Sad I know, but that's how I roll.

....the fuck?

Is this both games? This may sway me towards the 360 versions then. Sad I know, but that's how I roll.

Yup. I was thinking the same but seeing as i've upgraded to PS+ I will buy them on the PS3 as you get them for half price.

Played and own RE4 on Gamecube, PS2 and Wii to death, so why should I play the same game again with just HD added? Played CV as well. They need to add something else, something new to this before I buy it, if I ever do. I wonder if Capcom will give HD treatment to Resident Evil Gaiden and RE Survivor as well.

The only HD redone games that I'm interested in getting are - Shadow of the Colossus/Ico and the Sly Collection for the PS3, since I never bought them during the PS2 era.

Played and own RE4 on Gamecube, PS2 and Wii to death, so why should I play the same game again with just HD added?

Achievements/trophies.

Slap those on an old game and people will buy it, no questions asked.

Achievements/trophies.

Slap those on an old game and people will buy it, no questions asked.

Yeah that's true. Sad but true.

I was lestening to the 8-4 podcast earlier and they have been playing the Japanese versions of the games. They said Code Veronica is very rough and seems to be even worse than the original in some places. They did say Resident Evil 4 looked great though but Capcom missed an oppertunity to put Move support in the game, which goes to show that both of these seem to be cheap rush jobs.

I was lestening to the 8-4 podcast earlier and they have been playing the Japanese versions of the games. They said Code Veronica is very rough and seems to be even worse than the original in some places. They did say Resident Evil 4 looked great though but Capcom missed an oppertunity to put Move support in the game, which goes to show that both of these seem to be cheap rush jobs.

I wouldn't worry too much. The controls on RE4 wii edition were good enough for me. Anyway this is Capcom we are talking about, they will release CV/RE4 on the PS3 and then 6 months later release it again with Move controls. Hardcore RE fans will buy both versions.

A heads up for those interested in the PS3 version: the game's currently listed for £11.99, or £6 if you're a Plus subscriber. It's supposed to be £15.99/£7.99, so presumably this is a mistake that will be corrected tomorrow.

For reference it's £14.99 on Live, or 1840 Microsoft points. The funny thing is it was announced as costing 1600, so on PS3 it's accidently cheaper whilst the 360 version is more expensive that it was supposed to be.