NEurope
gmac

Neil Buchanan - Metal Legend???

index.php?cmd=image&sfpg=KjE4MzY4NV8xNDYzOTMyNTIwOTE1MTNfMTAzNjU0MzMzMDMyMDcyXzMzMDkzN180MzA0OTI5X24uanBnKjc5ZDBhNTI0MjhjMjE3YWM5MzJhNjg4MGY2MmQwYmFk

so apparently Neil Buchanan (of Art Attack fame) is part of a band called Marseille who were part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal and toured with Judas Priest and Nazareth

the things you learn

This conjures some awesome images in my mind...

The chorus always begins with "mix two parts PVA glue with one part water..." Then at during the guitar solo "all those nooks and crannies" is repeated by the drummer.

Every song ends "I'll see you next time. Ta-ra!"

The Head is on Keyboard/Backing vocals.

Heavy metal guitarists doing kids TV? Whatever next, punks doing butter adverts?

Indeed.

Yeah Tellyn told me last year, I was amazed :laughing: Would love to see them live just for the lols. I think Tellyn may have gone actually?

they're on tour at the moment and playing in Glasgow this weekend, which is how I found this out, may be going along for a laugh

Yeah Tellyn told me last year, I was amazed :laughing: Would love to see them live just for the lols. I think Tellyn may have gone actually?

Yeh he has, twice i think. Think he may of even met them...(awaits for confirmation)

Yeah I think this was posted a while back - probably by Tellyn.

Neil Buchanan is a legend.

Neil Buchanan is a legend.

I could seriously run out of thanks for this statement.

In news, if you type in Neil Buchanan Legend, N-Europe is number 1 on Google for this.

Pretty sure I told everyone this last year? They played in Leeds in November, and is playing Wakefield next Tuesday (seeing them again). Not the best band ever, but they clearly enjoy what they do and are pretty good live. They also hang around for drinks after their gigs, finally fulfilled that life-long dream of having a pint with Neil.

And to reiterate, Neil Buchanan is fucking awesome.

15550710150095645430039.jpg

Edited by Tellyn

And to reiterate, Neil Buchanan is fucking awesome.

If you can have a pint with Neil whilst he is wearing his "Art Attack" jersey, then a new word for awesome will need to be invented.

If you can have a pint with Neil whilst he is wearing his "Art Attack" jersey, then a new word for awesome will need to be invented.

In all honesty, I expected a metal rendition of the Art Attack theme.

I too have seen The Buchanan and his band Marseille (played Camden Underworld some time last year)

Anyone want to touch me? I said anyone want to touch me?!! ...

Please touch me.

I too have seen The Buchanan and his band Marseille (played Camden Underworld some time last year)

Anyone want to touch me? I said anyone want to touch me?!! ...

Please touch me.

-Touches Gingerly-*

*AS IN: Like a Ginger person: with a very freckly and clammy hand.

-Touches Gingerly-*

Post of the year. Done.

This is better than....agh, can't remember who it was...SPAMBOT? "Beaten like a red headed step child"

-Touches Gingerly-*

I feel violated! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I feel violated! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

sh, sh, sh, it'll all be over in a minute, just hold still...

LOVE IT! Me and my mate was talking about this yesterday, we were making up a song and saying the possibilities. We also wanted the Art Attack theme played!

Awesome! I grew up with Art Attack and I love this type of music yet never knew that Neil Buchanan was in a band back in the day.

Looking up Marseille on youtube now, good stuff.

\m/

Edit: Also just found out that Marseille were originally called AC/DC until they inevitably had to name change.

Edited by Arnieboy

LOVE IT! Me and my mate was talking about this yesterday, we were making up a song and saying the possibilities. We also wanted the Art Attack theme played!

If that happened, then words will not be able to express what the feeling would be.

This thread is useless without videos:

Also, the ablum is on Spotify.

Edited by Goafer

If that happened, then words will not be able to express what the feeling would be.

I know right! haha. We was imagining him and his band singing a song of what Neil would make and how to make it. To be honest, that would be AWESOME if that happened!

Also, that video was good. Going to track their album down...

This is well shit. Buchanan can suck a pickled anus, that paper mache and glue cereal bowl fell apart all over my crotch and gave me food poisoning.