N-Europe

Pokémafia 9 : Red and Blue

ReZourceman

I was not hindered in any way but the text in my PM seemed to be disrupted by a ....blip...BLEEP...

No info appears to be missing as it was mid-sentence and it reads fine if you remove the blip bleep.

And Rummy you've not voted Eenuh yet... unless it was a few pages ago.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I can't read any PM's. Like I said, I simply protect my target and enhance good things happening to them. You'll find nothing bad has happened to the people I targeted. And of course I can't prove that I stop roleblocking and redirecting; no mafia member with that power is gonna come out now (if they even targeted the same person at the same time as me).

Rummy: I don't know what you want me to say, those are my targets. As for night five, that description just shows how I've influenced heroicjanitor and gave him his new description. I'm Porygon, a virtual Pokémon. Heroicjanitor now wants to study programming. Should make sense.

Edit: You've been wasting all your tracker power on me... when there's nothing at all going on. Nothing has happened, I've simply been trying to protect people whatever way possible.

I targeted chairdriver after he got revived, as I thought he might become a target.

I targeted The Peeps cause he asked for protection.

I targeted heroicjanitor because I thought with his amnesia, the mafia might try to recruit him.

I was not hindered in any way but the text in my PM seemed to be disrupted by a ....blip...BLEEP...

No info appears to be missing as it was mid-sentence and it reads fine if you remove the blip bleep.

And Rummy you've not voted Eenuh yet... unless it was a few pages ago.

Oh man, I totally thought I had. Thanks, lol. Vote: Eenuh.

Sorry Rummy but I do believe Eenuh. As she says, nothing bad happened to the ones she's targeted and the heroicjanitor programmer thing kind of makes sense now... though why a pokémon would be going to university I don't know but meh.

I have noticed how she's appeared to be dodging any questions about her role but if I had a beneficial power like that I'd keep it to myself too...

I'll sleep on it anyway :p

Sorry Rummy but I do believe Eenuh. As she says, nothing bad happened to the ones she's targeted and the heroicjanitor programmer thing kind of makes sense now... though why a pokémon would be going to university I don't know but meh.

I have noticed how she's appeared to be dodging any questions about her role but if I had a beneficial power like that I'd keep it to myself too...

I'll sleep on it anyway :p

Well I guess the university thing is sorta like how a Ratata is also a mayor. Why would a Pokémon be a mayor in a town, and why would Pokémon even be living in a town, in houses/hatches? =P

Just ReZ's way of telling the story.

I did indeed not want to reveal my role because being a protector is not exactly something you come out with on the first days (or at all). So thanks Rummy!

Anyway if I get voted off, I want people to look at the vote list for me and Zell. There'll be doubles, people who voted for both (or even for heroicjanitor, as the mafia usually doesn't like neutrals with killing powers).

Also look at the silent people like Dannyboy, Eddie and Nintendohnut (maybe chairdriver too). I don't trust them.

RIGHT!

I apologise for my absence today. I've had a truly weird rhythm today (as is also evident by me posting at five in the morning :heh:).

Anyway, it's true I have held back any info about myself, but I've also participated a great deal and helped take down a suspicious character or two in order to prove my alignment. I have not wanted to come forward with my power yet because it's quite useful, but less so if the mafia knows of it. So far I have not had any luck in ratting out scumnags with my power, but last night I hit something suspicious, and so it seems fitting for me to come forward:

I am Jynx, and my power is Psychic Scan: Each night I select a player and a page, and all posts by that player on that page are scanned for accuracy. So far my scans have come back as more than 90 % true, which seems to be the highest truth value I can get. However, before Jonnas became the prime suspect (with good reason) yesterday, there was a debate between Tales and mr-paul, if I recall correctly, which was quickly forgotten. I went back and analysed Tales's posts on page 11 (with 40 posts per page), and this time my result was different: Only 70-78 % of the posts were true, and I experienced great pain when analysing them.

Now, I want to hear from Tales: What were you lying about, and why did I experience great pain when trying to analyse you?

Also, a couple of other small questions:

• I originally had the deceased Zell/Ho-oh down as the large, majestic Pokémon, yet I see there is still a Pokémon desribed as such in the write-up. Is this Tales/Moltres being frozen by Ellmeister/Dewgong or what?
  • What colours are you, Sméagol?

Also, I was at first annoyed at Rummy for attacking Eenuh so violently, but I see now he had reason to suspect her, and her behaviour has become increasingly suspicious. She is quite high on my list of suspicions, as is chairdriver (for whom I also feel a great deal of annoyance for being the resident mafia master, yet not participating), but I want to hear from Tales first.

What did you lie about, and why did I feel pain when I analysed you?

vote: chairdriver I feel like he is doing nothing because we all assume he is town.

Well anyone that's been splashed by me will know I'm benefitting them in life, so...

Vote: Chair, also you did target/block me and didn't explain your reasoning even though I had shown myself to be good!

I targeted Brian McCoy last night. Are you saying I was misd'ed to you?

Interesting / Paints Eenuh's hands a bit red / Vote: Eenuh

She is quite high on my list of suspicions, as is chairdriver (for whom I also feel a great deal of annoyance for being the resident mafia master, yet not participating)

To be fair, I was killed Night 1, so my interest for the game disappeared then. After that skim read / have been busy with life / have been running a BsG game which for some unexpected reason has been horrendously labour intensive with people changing their minds and targets every 5 minutes / have no excuse other than there's never been anything that's jumped out at me as commentable (other than the definition of assiduous, lol).

I targeted Brian McCoy last night. Are you saying I was misd'ed to you?

Oh sorry, mixing up nights. Yep, targeted you Night 4. Were you roleblocked?

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

RIGHT!

I apologise for my absence today. I've had a truly weird rhythm today (as is also evident by me posting at five in the morning :heh:).

Anyway, it's true I have held back any info about myself, but I've also participated a great deal and helped take down a suspicious character or two in order to prove my alignment. I have not wanted to come forward with my power yet because it's quite useful, but less so if the mafia knows of it. So far I have not had any luck in ratting out scumnags with my power, but last night I hit something suspicious, and so it seems fitting for me to come forward:

I am Jynx, and my power is Psychic Scan: Each night I select a player and a page, and all posts by that player on that page are scanned for accuracy. So far my scans have come back as more than 90 % true, which seems to be the highest truth value I can get. However, before Jonnas became the prime suspect (with good reason) yesterday, there was a debate between Tales and mr-paul, if I recall correctly, which was quickly forgotten. I went back and analysed Tales's posts on page 11 (with 40 posts per page), and this time my result was different: Only 70-78 % of the posts were true, and I experienced great pain when analysing them.

Now, I want to hear from Tales: What were you lying about, and why did I experience great pain when trying to analyse you?

Also, a couple of other small questions:

• I originally had the deceased Zell/Ho-oh down as the large, majestic Pokémon, yet I see there is still a Pokémon desribed as such in the write-up. Is this Tales/Moltres being frozen by Ellmeister/Dewgong or what?
  • What colours are you, Sméagol?

Also, I was at first annoyed at Rummy for attacking Eenuh so violently, but I see now he had reason to suspect her, and her behaviour has become increasingly suspicious. She is quite high on my list of suspicions, as is chairdriver (for whom I also feel a great deal of annoyance for being the resident mafia master, yet not participating), but I want to hear from Tales first.

What did you lie about, and why did I feel pain when I analysed you?

I have no idea why you would experience pain. Then again, I'm fire, you're ice? Looking at page 11 I only made three posts, none of them has to do anything with my character. I honestly don't understand why your result came up like that.

I don't think I have been frozen, not to my knowledge. I was described as observing in the first write up, and since I don't think I have appeared in the write up.

I have no idea why you would experience pain. Then again, I'm fire, you're ice? Looking at page 11 I only made three posts, none of them has to do anything with my character. I honestly don't understand why your result came up like that.

I don't think I have been frozen, not to my knowledge. I was described as observing in the first write up, and since I don't think I have appeared in the write up.

Arh, dang it! Sorry, it was page 13, not 11. My bad.

Just wondering, has anybody else ever received the scrambled/starred out PM like I did on Night 4? Also seeing as I've come out with a full roleclaim, I'm willing to track anybody you guys want me to tonight, as I said if Ell protects me it'll stop him roleblocking someone else.

My hands are in no way red. I don't even have hands.

I'd like Dannyboy to scan me if I survive this day. You can pick whatever page (the last few have quite a bit of information). You'll see I've been telling the truth. The last bit of information I have is that my role is called "Advanced Protection Protocol".

And that's all the information I can give, as I have nothing else. I don't hinder anyone, I don't affect their powers/roles negatively. I help. But whatever.

I don't trust Rummy. He says he has something on me but he doesn't say -what-. All the nights he targeted me, nothing bad happened to my targets. So what does he have on me? That I targeted someone? Wow! What a coincidence in a mafia game!

The only people I trust right now are The Peeps and Mr-Paul. Maybe Diageo too, unless he changed alignment when he came back, but that would be weird.

Still don't trust the quiet people and I urge you all to go after them a bit more.

Oh and I think Ellmeister is good too, likely.

Well done on guessing Diageo, have a cookie.

I'm very annoyed that everyone is just going with Rummy's super long post (probably skipping all the important parts) and not questioning what exactly it is he seems to have on me.

Oh wait, he doesn't have anything! Meh.

My hands are in no way red. I don't even have hands.

I'd like Dannyboy to scan me if I survive this day. You can pick whatever page (the last few have quite a bit of information). You'll see I've been telling the truth. The last bit of information I have is that my role is called "Advanced Protection Protocol".

And that's all the information I can give, as I have nothing else. I don't hinder anyone, I don't affect their powers/roles negatively. I help. But whatever.

I don't trust Rummy. He says he has something on me but he doesn't say -what-. All the nights he targeted me, nothing bad happened to my targets. So what does he have on me? That I targeted someone? Wow! What a coincidence in a mafia game!

The only people I trust right now are The Peeps and Mr-Paul. Maybe Diageo too, unless he changed alignment when he came back, but that would be weird.

Still don't trust the quiet people and I urge you all to go after them a bit more.

What? I don't have anything else! That post WAS all my suspicions. My point is, you constantly dodged, providing NOTHING about yourself, even when I kept asking. You conveniently couldn't identify yourself in writeups, though you did(somehow) identify me a few pages back. The only time you've finally provided info is after I've actually gone after you, and a lot of the information is the same things I've said. Now, you see how it affects your credibility that you didn't give anything before when asked?

Feel free to point out where I continue to claim I 'have something on you' btw.

It wasn't a long post for no reason, what I 'had' on you was that you were the beeping, a beeping you seemed unable to identify.

What? I don't have anything else! That post WAS all my suspicions. My point is, you constantly dodged, providing NOTHING about yourself, even when I kept asking. You conveniently couldn't identify yourself in writeups, though you did(somehow) identify me a few pages back. The only time you've finally provided info is after I've actually gone after you, and a lot of the information is the same things I've said. Now, you see how it affects your credibility that you didn't give anything before when asked?

Feel free to point out where I continue to claim I 'have something on you' btw.

Ermmm, your entire posts are you claiming you know I'm somehow mafia, when all you did was you following me almost every night, basically wasting your time and power.

Saying stuff like "BAM Eenuh, BAM", makes me think you believe you've somehow exposed me as being evil, when nothing points towards me being mafia.

I didn't give out my character because I'm a protector, and protectors don't like to come out with their power for very obvious reasons. I couldn't identify myself because I was looking for colours when there were no colours that matched mine. I didn't know I was the beeping sound until recently.

I thought at first I was the cyan and cream Pokémon (you will see Ellmeister thought the same), but then mr-paul said that was him so I had to figure out who I was again.

Once I figured out who I was, it was easy to know my targets. You were my first one, so you were obviously the white and red one. That's how I knew your character.

I can't give you any other information that you didn't come out with, because you targeted me every night, so you know my targets. There's no other information I can give because that's all I do, target someone and protect them.

Honestly don't know what else I can say. I've put forward all the information I have, I've exposed myself and still you think I'm evil. You'll find when I'm lynched that you've simply been wasting your time following me, when you could've been going after mafia (unless you're mafia yourself of course).

Now here's the list of who is who (what I know so far/believe to be true) and who they vote for.

Green = good in my book

Yellow = most likely good

Orange = don't know, don't trust

Red = think they're mafia

Mr. Paul = Blastoise jonnas

The Peeps = Venusaur jonnas

Ellmeister = Dewgong heroic

Tales = Moltres heroic

MadDog = What kind of Pokémon are you? jonnas, heroic

Diageo = Chancey zell, jonnas

Rummy = Voltorb/Electrode zell

Heroicjanitor = Machoke zell

Dannyboy = Claims Jinx zell, jonnas

Nintendohnut = What kind of Pokémon are you? zell, heroic

Chairdriver = Gyarados

Eddie Coleslaw = What kind of Pokémon are you?

Brian Mcoy = What kind of Pokémon are you?

Sorry, chairdriver is meant to be orange.

I still want to hear from Nintendohnut.

Brian Mcoy (now Sméagol) is apparently Cloyster.

Dannyboy, I'm guessing you're the regal magenta pokémon in the write-up then? What did you do on night 3?

And we don't know EddieColeslaw's pokémon or power yet do we?

I'm fairly sure Nintendohnut and EddieColeslaw are mafia but that's just based on lack of activity and information about themselves.

Ah right, forgot about Cloyster.

Nintendohnut is quite high on my mafia suspect list. Normally he's a lot more active. I know he said he's been away/busy, but even then there's less activity from him than normal.

Good freaking Lord I am away for a weekend and suddenly I must be mafia.

Right, so I was away all weekend and couldn't post, and when I got back on Sunday night I tried to catch up as much as possible. Yesterday I had work, then had to pick my girlfriend up from the station, make her dinner and eat it, and by then it was around about 11pm and I was basically dead. I'm sorry I couldn't get online yesterday but I was rather busy; this has been my first chance to get on (and only now because my editor has gone out for a bit).

I know there isn't a lot of info about me out there at the moment, but I don't know why that makes me suspicious. My general rule in mafia games is don't tell anyone anything unless it's useful to the town or important to show I'm good etc. So now that is the case I'll happily reveal, but seeing as I didn't need to before that's why I didn't.

I'm Tentacruel (which is either incredibly lucky or a specific idea from Rez). After Mewtwo killed Tentacool (my character from the last game) I am here to avenge his death and wipe out the mafia. I haven't used my power much for reasons that I will explain. My power is threefold, and have a benefit and a negative effect.

My primary power is Water Stone. If I target certain pokemon they will evolve. This is obviously the best thing about my power, and why I have used it a couple of times so far.

The negative part of my power is Ice Beam, and it stops a person from voting. Now I realise that this makes me look evil, but if I was I wouldn't be telling you. It's not the main part of my power and I can't really help it, but it's a side effect of me trying to evolve people. I haven't used my power much as a result.

Finally I have Clear Body. In the first game when I was Tentacool, this stopped me from being targeted and stopped me appearing in the write-up. That was way too powerful tbh, so I guess Rez has reduced it. I now just don't appear in write-ups (but can be targeted). Which explains why I haven't appeared yet. However, if people want to target me they can do, to see that I'm telling the truth.

So far I have only used my power a few times:

Night 1: Targeted Eenuh, wanted to test the power/appearing in write-ups thing. Wasn't sure what would happen, seems like nothing happened as she didn't mention it at all that day.

Night 2: Did nothing

Night 3: Targeted Chairdriver, which made him evolve (I targeted him because I thought this was the case after he was resurrected. Turns out I was right, although I didn't know until he admitted it in the thread as I didn't get a PM and didn't appear in the write-up)

Night 4: Did nothing

Night 5: Did nothing

Again, I would have targeted Squirtle etc if I'd known but I was trying to muddle through on my own and by the time mr-paul came forward he was already evolved. If someone wants to investigate me tonight they'll see that I'm good and that I'm telling the truth, but I don't know what else I can say really as I don't appear anywhere. I certainly didn't kill anyone (I don't have claws!), and I won't be using my power again unless there's an un-evolved water pokemon that I've missed, or another pokemon who thinks they might evolve if I can target them.

I'm happy to ask any other questions people have, and again, I'm sorry for inactivity, will be on again properly tonight after work (at about 7pm, ish)

Good freaking Lord I am away for a weekend and suddenly I must be mafia.

Right, so I was away all weekend and couldn't post, and when I got back on Sunday night I tried to catch up as much as possible. Yesterday I had work, then had to pick my girlfriend up from the station, make her dinner and eat it, and by then it was around about 11pm and I was basically dead. I'm sorry I couldn't get online yesterday but I was rather busy; this has been my first chance to get on (and only now because my editor has gone out for a bit).

I know there isn't a lot of info about me out there at the moment, but I don't know why that makes me suspicious. My general rule in mafia games is don't tell anyone anything unless it's useful to the town or important to show I'm good etc. So now that is the case I'll happily reveal, but seeing as I didn't need to before that's why I didn't.

I'm Tentacruel (which is either incredibly lucky or a specific idea from Rez). After Mewtwo killed Tentacool (my character from the last game) I am here to avenge his death and wipe out the mafia. I haven't used my power much for reasons that I will explain. My power is threefold, and have a benefit and a negative effect.

My primary power is Water Stone. If I target certain pokemon they will evolve. This is obviously the best thing about my power, and why I have used it a couple of times so far.

The negative part of my power is Ice Beam, and it stops a person from voting. Now I realise that this makes me look evil, but if I was I wouldn't be telling you. It's not the main part of my power and I can't really help it, but it's a side effect of me trying to evolve people. I haven't used my power much as a result.

Finally I have Clear Body. In the first game when I was Tentacool, this stopped me from being targeted and stopped me appearing in the write-up. That was way too powerful tbh, so I guess Rez has reduced it. I now just don't appear in write-ups (but can be targeted). Which explains why I haven't appeared yet. However, if people want to target me they can do, to see that I'm telling the truth.

So far I have only used my power a few times:

Night 1: Targeted Eenuh, wanted to test the power/appearing in write-ups thing. Wasn't sure what would happen, seems like nothing happened as she didn't mention it at all that day.

Night 2: Did nothing

Night 3: Targeted Chairdriver, which made him evolve (I targeted him because I thought this was the case after he was resurrected. Turns out I was right, although I didn't know until he admitted it in the thread as I didn't get a PM and didn't appear in the write-up)

Night 4: Did nothing

Night 5: Did nothing

Again, I would have targeted Squirtle etc if I'd known but I was trying to muddle through on my own and by the time mr-paul came forward he was already evolved. If someone wants to investigate me tonight they'll see that I'm good and that I'm telling the truth, but I don't know what else I can say really as I don't appear anywhere. I certainly didn't kill anyone (I don't have claws!), and I won't be using my power again unless there's an un-evolved water pokemon that I've missed, or another pokemon who thinks they might evolve if I can target them.

I'm happy to ask any other questions people have, and again, I'm sorry for inactivity, will be on again properly tonight after work (at about 7pm, ish)

Your power doesn't really make any sense to me. The three starters make other Pokémon evolve (Cube, The Peeps and mr-paul). Why would there be two water Pokémon that can make others evolve? Seems a bit strange.

Also, chairdriver and mr-paul targeted each other on the third night, which is what I believe made chairdriver evolve (maybe aided by me targeting chairdriver too).

It just seems very weird that there would be two pokémon that can make other water pokémon evolve.

Also, Dyson was poisoned (isn't Tentacruel half poison?) and I think Jayseven was strangled (Tentacruel can do this with his tentacles). And I believe people were talking about an invisible killer? You fit that profile.

Vote: Nintendohnut