NEurope
flameboy

Is the world actually ending? Japan hit by quake and tsunami

Tsunami warning has been cancelled. Seems this one wasn't as shallow as the previous, so right now every thing seems like the usual.

There should definitely be concern regarding the increased activity around the pacific ring though. The western coast of the USA really needs to prepare itself, there was an earthquake in Mexico too today.

Bit of a bump, but these are incredible:

This:

index.php?q=aHR0cDovL2Nkbi1hay5mLnN0LWhhdGVuYS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2ZvdG9saWZlL3kveW91dHViZV9naXJscy8yMDExMDQxMS8yMDExMDQxMTIwMzcyOS5qcGc%3D

Was taken from on top of this:

index.php?q=aHR0cDovL2Nkbi1hay5mLnN0LWhhdGVuYS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2ZvdG9saWZlL3kveW91dHViZV9naXJscy8yMDExMDQxMS8yMDExMDQxMTIwNTA1OS5qcGc%3D

And this is just crazy:

The horrible thing with that video is seeing a person on one of the roofs not too far into it then later it pans back around and that building is pretty much gone

The horrible thing with that video is seeing a person on one of the roofs not too far into it then later it pans back around and that building is pretty much gone

Yeah that was terrible. What amazes me is that pretty much everything is gone at that point. When the camera turns away from the street below, it's still there, then it turns back and it's just water. Crazy stuff.

This stuff is insane, it's things like this that actually make me a little scared living in San Francisco.

Fuck, man. That video was intense. I love in a seaside town and a little fact associated with this place is; if the sea level were to rise 1m, then the coast would be flooded up to Old Shoreham Road!! (local thing, you'd know what I meant if you were here). Now, this wave was several metres high, and I genuinely can't comprehend how much damage it'd do.

Seeing the cars lifted and tossed about like bits of styrofoam, then thinking "wow those walls are enduring a lot" just as a house drifts by... It's insane. While that video symbolises nature vs humanity and how unmatched the contest is -- it also reminds us that we now have the technology to prepare and minimalise ahead of the event now. Just imagine if that came out of nowhere, just how fucked people would be.

That dude on the roof... Fuck, man. Feel like I've seen a ghost.

The worst video I've seen is one where a guy goes to help pull someone out, and gets swept away themselves. Don't really want to post it because I don't want to see it again!