N-Europe

Community

Beast

Season 1 and 2 are brilliant and I wouldn't change a thing... season 3 is really mixed for me. It felt a bit off from the start but saved itself with a few amazing episodes. Now with all the news about season 4 (Dan Harman not being involved and now Chevy Chase not returning), I just can't see it being as good.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My negativity mostly stems from just being a negative person in general Dan Harmon being ousted due to his public feud with Chevy Chase. It's just hard to imagine the show without him. It'd be like Joss Whedon being forced to leave Buffy the Vampire Slayer because he didn't get along with Alyson Hannigan, and then she'd leave half a season later anyway.

They should have just let it end with its dignity intact.

Re-reading through this thread (although skipping spoilers) it's bizarre to read how quickly this show went bad.

The first half is nothing but good things being said, then instantly a switch it flicked, and everyone saying, they shouldn't bother making a new series.

I'd say it has nothing to do with the shows quality about why people are saying there shouldn't be a season 4. For me it comes down to the Harmon the showrunner being dumped. The finale of 3 was almost positioned as a last ever episode and for it should have been if we are going to get a stifled version of the show.

Season 1 and 2 are brilliant and I wouldn't change a thing... season 3 is really mixed for me. It felt a bit off from the start but saved itself with a few amazing episodes. Now with all the news about season 4 (Dan Harman not being involved and now Chevy Chase not returning not being in two episodes), I just can't see it being as good.

I don't like the way the change in showrunner(s) went down but I'm willing to give it a chance.

The promo gave me some hope:

He is in all episodes but two. They have already filmed the finale (they're filming out of order) so presumably he will be missing from the two episodes before that.

Which is fine as there are plenty of other episodes and chunks of episodes he has been missing from.

There are? I can't think of any episodes he hasn't been in.

I feel like there have been episodes without him, but IMDB disagrees with me.

There we definitely episodes he was missing from....when he went insane and they made him "bad" he wasn't in a couple of episodes afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a few episodes of this show quite a while back, and really enjoyed it. I actually completely forgot about it, so I'm glad this thread reminded me. Thanks guys. :)

Just watched the Paintball episode. Best one so far!

I remember that episode, it was epic! Out of the few I watched, it was definitely a highlight.

• 2 months later...
Amazing how many people online are saying "you can really tell Dan Harmon has left, it's much worse!" If you didn't know, would you spot it?

Wasn't the greatest episode, but season openers seldom are.

Yeah it seemed very in keeping with the standard of episodes towards the end of last series. Not watched the latest ep yet though.