NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Community

Season 1 and 2 are brilliant and I wouldn't change a thing... season 3 is really mixed for me. It felt a bit off from the start but saved itself with a few amazing episodes. Now with all the news about season 4 (Dan Harman not being involved and now Chevy Chase not returning), I just can't see it being as good.

My negativity mostly stems from just being a negative person in general Dan Harmon being ousted due to his public feud with Chevy Chase. It's just hard to imagine the show without him. It'd be like Joss Whedon being forced to leave Buffy the Vampire Slayer because he didn't get along with Alyson Hannigan, and then she'd leave half a season later anyway.

They should have just let it end with its dignity intact.

Re-reading through this thread (although skipping spoilers) it's bizarre to read how quickly this show went bad.

The first half is nothing but good things being said, then instantly a switch it flicked, and everyone saying, they shouldn't bother making a new series.

I'd say it has nothing to do with the shows quality about why people are saying there shouldn't be a season 4. For me it comes down to the Harmon the showrunner being dumped. The finale of 3 was almost positioned as a last ever episode and for it should have been if we are going to get a stifled version of the show.

Season 1 and 2 are brilliant and I wouldn't change a thing... season 3 is really mixed for me. It felt a bit off from the start but saved itself with a few amazing episodes. Now with all the news about season 4 (Dan Harman not being involved and now Chevy Chase not returning not being in two episodes), I just can't see it being as good.

I don't like the way the change in showrunner(s) went down but I'm willing to give it a chance.

The promo gave me some hope:

Oh I thought someone said Chevy was only in the finale? I want to believe it will be good... but if I go in with low expectations anyway, I won't be disappointed!

He is in all episodes but two. They have already filmed the finale (they're filming out of order) so presumably he will be missing from the two episodes before that.

I want to believe it will be good... but if I go in with low expectations anyway, I won't be disappointed!

Unless it's just that bad!

He is in all episodes but two. They have already filmed the finale (they're filming out of order) so presumably he will be missing from the two episodes before that.

Which is fine as there are plenty of other episodes and chunks of episodes he has been missing from.

I feel like there have been episodes without him, but IMDB disagrees with me.

They should just recast his character with a female actor and never make any mention of the obvious gender change.

There are? I can't think of any episodes he hasn't been in.

I feel like there have been episodes without him, but IMDB disagrees with me.

There we definitely episodes he was missing from....when he went insane and they made him "bad" he wasn't in a couple of episodes afterwards.

Well, clearly I care about this too much, but I just went through every single episode, and he's definitely in all of them. Myth busted.

Just watched the Paintball episode. Best one so far!

Yep it's a high point...but there are plenty more along the way.

I watched a few episodes of this show quite a while back, and really enjoyed it. I actually completely forgot about it, so I'm glad this thread reminded me. Thanks guys. :)

Just watched the Paintball episode. Best one so far!

I remember that episode, it was epic! Out of the few I watched, it was definitely a highlight.

Well, I guess now we know who can replace Chevy Chase if there's a season 5!

I thought this was an okay episode. Not as great/terrible as I was hoping and/or expecting.

Well, I guess now we know who can replace Chevy Chase if there's a season 5!

I thought this was an okay episode. Not as great/terrible as I was hoping and/or expecting.

I have nothing else to add but I wanted to post :p

The game episode was my favourite one. I also loved the paintball ones too. This episode was okay, it wasn't it's best but it was good enough. The Hunger Deans made me laugh though.

Amazing how many people online are saying "you can really tell Dan Harmon has left, it's much worse!" If you didn't know, would you spot it?

Wasn't the greatest episode, but season openers seldom are.

Troy and Abed dressed as Calvin and Hobbes. I can die happy.

Edited by Ashley

Amazing how many people online are saying "you can really tell Dan Harmon has left, it's much worse!" If you didn't know, would you spot it?

Wasn't the greatest episode, but season openers seldom are.

Yeah it seemed very in keeping with the standard of episodes towards the end of last series. Not watched the latest ep yet though.

Sign in to follow this