N-Europe

Saints Row 3

Nolan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up Saints Row 2, buying this doesn't really factor into my Q4 spending plans so £8 for Saints Row 2 seems more than worth it to see what all the crazy fuss is about.

Third looks crazier, though I did quite like the second. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like the improvement will be going overboard with the absurdity! The second offered a lot of variety though so I guess if it just manages to offer more of the same then it'll still be going. Keep the activities etc that people liked, maybe beef them out a bit more and rejig things, add a few cool new things, should be good? One thing that actually hooked me in a lot on SR2 was the writing in places, and the loss of an NPC or two in places where I just didn't expect it cos it was so out of the norm! On the whole it was quite amusing/good too, if they can capture that this'll be bang on! I'll be waiting for it a while rather than buying on release due to aforementioned numerous releases, and also to see how it does in reviews etc. I'm gonna be bankrupt by christmas :(

Edited by Rummy

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be getting this til well down the line, Skyward Sword due in less than two weeks, contemplating a 3DS, also a holiday, probs won't have this until early next year! Esepcially as I don't know where to get that special edition that I really want...

I actually like what Ubi are doing with AC. The franchise is regular and usually pretty good. It's kind of like reading a comic book.

It's a nice change for the usual EVERYTHING MUST BE DIFFERENT AND BETTER model. I think Assassin's Creed and Uncharted are probably the only two franchises that can get away with keeping a lot of things the same. Probably because they are both essentially driven by plot. And gameplay wise they've pretty much nailed it.

I actually hated Ezio. But Brotherhood endeared me to him. He was older and less cocky.