NEurope
or else you will DIE

Super Mario 3D Land

So no demo announced, or have I missed it? Of all the rumours this is I thought was the most likely to be true.

Oh and I'll be buying both this and SS, ironically both were my first orders from Shopto.

No not heard anything I think it be in the November Update.

I must say, whilst I was once not very keen on this, I'm now very much looking forward to it. I will buy Skyward Sword on release and put Mario 3D Land on my Christmas List. After all, it is Zelda! Any gaming time I have that fortnight is strictly reserved for Hyrule.

Lovely, can't wait for this game.

(but thanks to Nintendo's bizarre release schedule, I'll be waiting another month or so after launch to buy because of Skyward Sword goodness)

That is some awesome boxart. But sadly I'll also be postponing this game till Christmas. It doesn't stand a chance at getting my attention away from Zelda: SS. Though I could get it for my girl friend so she has something to do while I play Zelda....

I read that it has been pushed back a week for us. Not sure if true though

Originally, the release was meant to be November 11th from leaked lists

Why is a racoon tail always associated with Takooni Mario, a suit that appeared every so often in SMB3 but nowhere near as much as the feather, which also gave you a racoon tail? Wasn't Tanooki Mario the suit that made you turn to stone? Surely Mario doesn't have that power in this game!

Why is a racoon tail always associated with Takooni Mario, a suit that appeared every so often in SMB3 but nowhere near as much as the feather, which also gave you a racoon tail? Wasn't Tanooki Mario the suit that made you turn to stone? Surely Mario doesn't have that power in this game!

http://www.mariowiki.com/Tanooki_Mario

Tanooki suit gives Mario a raccoon tale to look like a Tanuki

The feather turns Mario into Cape Mario, or at least it does in Super Mario World

Sorry I didn't mean the feather, I meant the leaf.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Leaf

which turns Mario into 'Racoon Mario'.

It's just that the feather appeared far far more in SMB3 than the Tanooki suit, and so I'm just surprised people refer to a racoon tail as the latter.

In fact you get the racoon tail in this game by picking up the leaf power-up, so I really have no idea why Tanooki Mario keeps popping up in reference to this game.

Oh I see. Nintendo have definitely been saying the Tanooki suit/Tanooki Mario is back but if it's just the leaf powerup then you're right, he won't actually be Tanooki Mario (which can turn into a statue), just Raccoon Mario (allows flight)... Maybe both are in the game or they've changed the leaf into giving you the full suit?

I'm pretty sure it's been said that the leaf power-up doesn't allow you to fly in this game, but it's hard to believe the whole point of the main power-up in the game is to just give you a tail.

The reason I posted was because to me, the image of the tail in this game always equated to Racoon Mario. The Tanooki suit from SMB3 was so rare that I'm just surprised that's what people associated with the racoon tail, given that you usually got a leaf power-up in every level in SMB3. Hopefully I'm making sense, but probably not.

But it's not just the tail.

The power up is the tanooki suit, they've just removed the statue part of it...

783d29e2d4ba4179bcb2ec09ae9a13150cea74fa_large.jpg

tanooki-suit-super-mario-3d-land.jpg

Super+Mario+Bros+3+-+Three+Mario+Suits.jpg

The leaf gives Mario a Raccoon tail and ears ONLY and allows him to fly.

The Tanooki suit is a full Raccoon suit that lets Mario fly AND turn into a statue.

I was a little confused by this too as theoretically Mario should be able to turn into a statue with the 3D version's suit.

Edited by Pit-Jr

Yeah well and he should be able to fly but he cant. It's gimped, it's only really in to appeal to fans simply based on everyone wanting to see it return. I assume they went full Tanooki vs the other "raccoon Mario" because it's cuter.

I must say, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of NINTENDO & co. removing elements in their games that are down right awesome and should never be removed.

Mewtwo people, .....Mewtwo.

Check out these screens with the 3DS Browser:

img191a.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/arej/screenshot/index.html

Really nice. icon14.gif

Number 19 shows especially well the usefulness of the 3D effect. ;)

I still can't get over the fact that this is out on the same day as Zelda though. :shakehead

Nothing for absolutely ages :zzz:... Then 2 must-have games at once, and a 3rd with MK7 very shortly after that!

Grrrrr!!!! :mad: