NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

Ya I really think she makes bad single choices. I LOVE marry the night and Scheibe. Cannot understand why Edge of glory and judas were released first. Born this way I can UNDERSTAND even if it's not the strongest single.

Scheiße won't be a single - too weird for radio I think.

Marry The Night should've been second single. Then Edge of Glory. Judas I like now (I was ambivalent before) but it's just not single-y. Maybe as a 4th single, but not 2nd.

She's stated she wants 9 singles off the album. They obviously won't all get video's, but it's blatant she's going to bleed the album dry. I'd love to see Schibe and Government Hooker as singles, but I doubt radio would embrace them, especially in the states.

She's sold almost 100,000 albums on the first day of sales in the UK, a terrifying amount. There's talk of her passing a million sales during the first week in the US, but I can't see it happening. Gaga may be huge, but she still doesn't have the broad appeal that Taylor Swift has on American radio which lead to such sales. Then again, I'll probably be eating my words come next week.

Oh, and Marry the Night will be absolutely massive. No question.

Edited by Slaggis

Marry the Night and Schiebe should be singles. Schiebe is such an addictive song. Also, Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover I like as well.

The more I listen to it, the more I agree with killthenet's assertion that Fashion of his Love is (one of) the best song(s she's ever done).

It's not rife with her typical quie obtuse/clumsy lyrics, and is just a direct, perfectly formed pop song, that owes a lot to songs like I Wanna Dance With Somebody in sound, and Dress You Up by Madonna in content. Brill.

Of course, I'm stunned by all the beats. Stunned by prostitute imagery, rife.

BUT, what I really want to hear is the alternative album which Hair, You And I and Edge Of Glory are from.

No i seriously think scheibe would have made a fantastic single. It's got her "talking" bits, edgy lyrics and a great hook. Maybe it's the german part itself you're worried about.. but i don't know.

Born This Way, in the order I love the songs [Excluding the three bonuses, which I haven't had time to digest properly]:

Marry The Night

Judas

Scheiße

Hair

Highway Unicorn

Government Hooker

Bad Kids

Born This Way

You And I

Heavy Metal Lover

Edge Of Glory

Americano

Electric Chapel

Bloody Mary

Judas is surprisingly still a firm fave. Basically, I prefer only to talk to the first 7 on that list (/8 if I'm in the mood /9 if I'm telling a joke / Heavy Metal Lover is worth it too, and probably should be higher).

I'd be very similiar to the above! I might put scheibe over judas but that's about it.

From MSN...

Lady Gaga is planning to release a new Christmas album in time for the festive season.

The 25-year-old pop princess' latest album, Born This Way, is reportedly on its way to selling 250,000 copies in its first week on sale in Britain and she has now revealed her festive plans.

Speaking to Stephen Fry in an upcoming interview in the Financial Times, she said: "I thought it would be really sweet to do a Christmas release of Gaga and the jazz standards.

"I really want to do it. I've spoken to my manager."

The star recently covered the Nat King Cole track Orange Coloured Sky during a British performance.

Was relieved to read it's more a jazz covers album!

Born This Way, in the order I love the songs [Excluding the three bonuses, which I haven't had time to digest properly]:

Marry The Night

Judas

Scheiße

Hair

Highway Unicorn

Government Hooker

Bad Kids

Born This Way

You And I

Heavy Metal Lover

Edge Of Glory

Americano

Electric Chapel

Bloody Mary

Judas is surprisingly still a firm fave. Basically, I prefer only to talk to the first 7 on that list (/8 if I'm in the mood /9 if I'm telling a joke / Heavy Metal Lover is worth it too, and probably should be higher).

Hmm. You're questionable. Electric Chapel and Heavy Metal Lover are essentials.

Mine:

Marry The Night / Fashion of His Love

Heavy Metal Lover

Scheiße / Government Hooker

Black Jesus † Amen Fashion

Electric Chapel

Judas

Bloody Mary

Americano

Born This Way

Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)

Yoü and I

The Edge of Glory

Hair

Bad Kids

The Queen

I can only comment on the following songs, on account of not having listened to the others enough yet.

Marry the Night - Fairly nice on the ears/overrated?? Completely love the final minute.

Born This Way - Musical candyfloss, v enjoyable indeed.

Government Hooker - Love it a fair amount.

Judas - ADORE!

Americano - Ear rape. Hoping it's got growing powers.

Hair - The first 40 seconds are exactly what i want in a song. Then goes downhill and never recovers! Wtf?? Talk about teased. Big.fat.tease.

Scheiße - Don't get it yet. Hoping it's a yet.

Other than Government Hooker, which I wasn't that keen on [may need to listen more], I'd agree with your opinions on those so far.

... though I don't mind the rest of hair tooooo much, bit naff though.

Joke pictures from new Rolling Stone.

OMUsM.jpg

"Hey cunts." *disappears back into the shrubbery*

U5ecs.jpg

KnxCd.jpg

Edited by Paj!

Ugh. I hate gaining respect for people I dislike.

LOL. Funny! Lady Gaga's looking hot in that video.

Anyone with the deluxe edition just check something for me in case i'm losing the plot?!

For track 10 - Bad Kids - in the booklet with the lyrics, there is like 4 or 5 lines of extra lyrics that aren't said in the song. Or at least I don't think they are said?

She mentions the meat dress in the lyrics of the song but I don't hear any of them in the actual track?!

Strange. Maybe they took it out of the final edit of the song.

Anyone with the deluxe edition just check something for me in case i'm losing the plot?!

For track 10 - Bad Kids - in the booklet with the lyrics, there is like 4 or 5 lines of extra lyrics that aren't said in the song. Or at least I don't think they are said?

She mentions the meat dress in the lyrics of the song but I don't hear any of them in the actual track?!

Strange. Maybe they took it out of the final edit of the song.

They're extra lyrics she's going to use when she performs the song live. :)

Ahh thanks Slaggis. :bowdown:

It was really bothering me not knowing!

Cleared that one up! :p

If you're interested in songs containing words regarding meat garments, you'd probably be better off listening to this..

..and a fantastic song it is, too :hehe:

[No one seems to recognize the fact that the meat dress was a homage to Jana Sterbak's 1987 work "Vanitas: Flesh Dress for an Albino Anorectic", all about fashion/vanity/feminity/being a piece of meat and conforming to everyone's perceptions of beauty. Everyone seems to mock GaGa for wearing it, but in my opinion it's actually a pretty involved act of self-criticism, which I'm into.

tumblr_l8raxzmF1H1qcn458o1_400.jpg]

Well she said so herself (of course without mentioning any influence, which is something I'm not too keen on from her...) in a few interviews. She wore it while being interviewed be Ellen, I remember her saying what it was about during that.

Anyone with a shred of sense would glean the 'meaning' of it being the above in any case. Either that or it is purely just a dress made of meat, for the sake of being a dress made of meat. Either one works.

Vegetarians/Vegans/people who whimper at the mention of animals being killed for humans need to sit down sometimes.

But then there are people who morally abstain from "bad" fashion (ie. clothes made from sweatshops etc) in the same way some people abstain from "bad" food (ie. food prepared in an inhumane or unsustainable manner), so you learn to deal with it.

(Shouldn't use ""s, because I agree on both fronts that certain fashions and foods are bad. Thinking of becoming a vegetarian at some point, when I can get over my love for meat.)

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost