Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Lady Gaga

Beast

Vegetarians/Vegans/people who whimper at the mention of animals being killed for humans need to sit down sometimes.

Bloody drama greens.

Although I think the smell must have been the most offensive thing about it.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like the saxophone player couldn't hear himself or something -- it was really restrained, in a bad way.

I think Edge of Glory is ok/fine, but it's so much less intense than the rest of the album. It's interesting she chose it as a single, because it's probably one of the hardest to perform, vocally. Although her live vocals are always great, so its fine.

I kinda hate how all the male backing dancers in existence have gayface. Just makes for a really unconvincing performance. Although does alleviate some of the horrificness of the quasi-rape choreography.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

I've always disliked her male dancers...well, usually.

It feels like they don't dance but rather stand there and look like they're being possessed.

I love+am fascinated by one of her blond, female dancers :)

I think Edge of Glory is ok/fine, but it's so much less intense than the rest of the album. It's interesting she chose it as a single, because it's probably one of the hardest to perform, vocally. Although her live vocals are always great, so its fine.

It's one of the only obvious singles (as in, not an unusual thing to hear on the radio) on the album.

Americano is going to be a single in South America. A joke. It's a rising fave.

I'm really interested how she'll perform lots of this album. While some are perfect for stadium rock-esque situations, some are more subdued like Heavy Metal Lover.

This album is so unlike her first album that I can see her basically ditching all the songs from that except the singles she'll HAVE to play. And only a few (the singles?) from Fame Monster. Everything on BTW is much more compelling.

It's one of the only obvious singles (as in, not an unusual thing to hear on the radio) on the album.

Americano is going to be a single in South America. A joke. It's a rising fave.

I'm really interested how she'll perform lots of this album. While some are perfect for stadium rock-esque situations, some are more subdued like Heavy Metal Lover.

This album is so unlike her first album that I can see her basically ditching all the songs from that except the singles she'll HAVE to play. And only a few (the singles?) from Fame Monster. Everything on BTW is much more compelling.

Schiebe, Americano and Heavy Metal Lover are awesome and should be singles. They're different and yet they're kind of what you'd expect from Gaga but fresh. I like them.

It's fine Adele's had her time in the sun.

Yeah, it was way too long.

Just found this cool remix of Born This Way. It may have been posted before and sorry if it was but I just listened to it. I think it was posted here before...not sure...I'll risk it though.

There's also this version but I prefer the first, I think.

She's actually the perfect person to be the face of a web browser. She's an example of how to use the internet successfuly to boost your career/connect with fans/blah.

Couldn't agree more. She's the perfect example of a truly modern pop-star.

It's made me appreciate Edge of Glory so much more. The few glimpses of seeing her walking across the bridge with New York looking like it's about to engulf her, just adds so much.

Engulf is such an ugly word.

• 2 weeks later...

She's forever a surprise! I'd never have expected low budget. Interesting.

A sweet vid, i love her movements, and she looks like she's having fun.

I feel neutral about the song, so i didn't have any particular expectations, so this is fine by me. I'm curious what fans of the song will make of it though.

Interesting take for a video, especially given it's Lady Gaga!

Change is nice, s'pose. I'm liking the Tina Turner vibe I get from it :)She's an Acid Queen!

(I'm positive there's another video somewhere though. It was basically confirmed the video would be "fish-y" i.e. have mermaids etc. All the more conspicuous given she recently preformed as a Mermaid. Odd.)

Maybe it's relating to Clerence's stroke. She really doesn't have it good with the BIG stars. McQueen takes his life, Clerence has a stroke...

Edited by Frank

Interesting take for a video, especially given it's Lady Gaga!

The reason that video is like that because of this;

Lady GaGa may have announced the premiere of The Edge Of Glory promo, but online reports claim Joseph Kahn has NOT directed the clip.

As we previously reported, GaGa confirmed via Twitter that the eagerly awaited video for her third Born This Way single will be released tomorrow (17th June) and was expected to be directed by Kahn.

However, speculation has started on Twitter that Lady G may have fired the prolific director, who has worked with the likes of Eminem and Britney Spears, after he denied directing the Judas singer's new video.

Kahn posted on his official Twitter account: "I did NOT direct Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory" video. Lady Gaga did."

GaGa's creative director, Laurieann Gibson, was then asked by GaGa's Little Monsters to clear-up the reports, confirming that Kahn was no longer credited as the director of The Edge Of Glory promo.

Gibson tweeted: "sorry guys there was a slight turn of events on Set (sic)" before adding to another Twitter user who accused her of not speaking the truth: "listen u disrespectful f**k they had an issue on set I don't lie!!!!!"

GaGa's record label, Interscope, has since confirmed that Lady G's team, The Haus of GaGa, are named as the video's directors.

6MTRa.jpg

I'm not really sure how performing to an extreme is a valid criticism though? If you're going to write pop songs, you might as well perform them interestingly. Point is: why isn't Britney doing the same thing? If Britney dressed interestingly, perhaps her SHIT music would be more digestible?

Plus, I don't think she's ever claimed to be original, considering you can spot her influences a mile off. And she heart McQueen etc.

(And if you're going to parody something, at least make the production as good as the original.)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!