N-Europe

The Matrix 4 and 5 In Development?! (update: hoax)

ReZourceman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that Subway sequence is one of the worst scenes I've ever experienced in a film. *yawn*

I think I like the sequels a little more each time I see them, and have developed a preference of 3 > 2. Just because 2 now feels like complete filler tbh, with nothing really important happening until the last half hour. Yes there are some cool scenes, the 100 smiths (which actually looks rediculously animated now), the entrance hall/staircase fight, the motorway etc... but that's it.

At least the third has plenty going for it (minus the intro) and I actually enjoy the last stand, final fight scenes, even if the films don't take the direction you would have perhaps liked.

I am interested in this. Yes, I didn't like the second and third films so much, but mainly that's because they were BATSHIT INSANE AND DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Wtf was all the stuff with the oracle, architect, ghosts etc. It seemed they had an idea, but it wasn't thought out well enough and left gaps that looked intentional but I have now concluded it was all just wrong.

OBJECTION! There weren't actually any gaps. It all made sense, but most people were thrown off since the sequels didn't exactly explain everything, and the explanations we did get were not exactly crystal clear. But rest assured that it all did make sense.

I am also extremely curious as to what they're going to do with the new films, especially since Neo is present. The story has already been continued somewhat in The Matrix Online (and that does seem to be canon), but not many people know about that stuff, and Neo isn't present.

Question: has The One always taken a different image? I presumed so/it makes sense that he has, and so yeah... it wouldn't follow on for it to be a new incarnation of The One.

I've forgotten, what did the Machines agree to at the end?... because surely if stopped harvesting humans, they'd die out, which they ain't gonna do!... hence the war starting up again?

Question: has The One always taken a different image? I presumed so/it makes sense that he has, and so yeah... it wouldn't follow on for it to be a new incarnation of The One.

I've forgotten, what did the Machines agree to at the end?... because surely if stopped harvesting humans, they'd die out, which they ain't gonna do!... hence the war starting up again?

Regarding the One, we don't know. Seeing as the Oracle treats Neo very much as an individual, I assume each One is a separate person who's just carrying the same code.

The Machines agreed to free the ones that wanted out of the Matrix. It's the best compromise for everyone involved: Those who want to stay (like Cypher) can stay, those who want freedom (like Morpheus) can go. The Machines still get power, and the humans can live in peace.

Well what if the majority want out... Machines are fucked! And surely it would all kick off inside the Matrix when someone goes in and tells EVERYONE about it! Is quite a lame ending tbh!

I couldn't disagree more with you. :heh: We're told by the Architect in Reloaded that only a minority is actually rejecting the program, i.e. those who live in Zion. Also, it's likely that they're just going to free those who reject the program, not go out and say: "Hey, this is all fake!"

Question: Why is everyone so intent on being "free"? The real world is a shit hole and even if society did reform, it would pretty much follow the same shitty rules we have nowadays - it wouldn't magically be some kind of utopia.

Question: Why is everyone so intent on being "free"? The real world is a shit hole and even if society did reform, it would pretty much follow the same shitty rules we have nowadays - it wouldn't magically be some kind of utopia.

I think it's explained pretty well by Morpheus in the first film: It's simply about not wanting to be controlled.

Except you'd be controlled whatever happened. That's what society is. How Morpheus dresses, how he acts, his masculinity, his gestures - how 'real' do you think that is? How much choice do you think is involved in being who you are?

Much less than you probably think.

At least the Matrix isn't a derelict wasteland, it's a place where you can actually see the sun. Being controlled? Really not the BIG BAD it is painted so naively.

Except you'd be controlled whatever happened. That's what society is. How Morpheus dresses, how he acts, his gestures, his masculinity - how 'real' do you think that is? How much choice do you think is involved in being who you are?

Much less than you probably think.

At least the Matrix isn't a derelict wasteland where you can actually see the sun.

I'm not defending the logic behind it. :heh: I'm just explaining the film's rationale.

If you are one of the civilians, can't you get randomly turned into an agent or Mr Smith himself? What happens to you then?

presumably when they take on someone elses form you return to your body....this would explain those phenomena where people loses hours and think they've been abducted by aliens when in fact your not its just an agent taking over your body... :indeed: