NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

So season 3 has been the first half of the 3rd book?

So season 3 has been the first half of the 3rd book?

Yes. Ten characters.

Book three is also in two parts

Only in Europe, though.

Funny story, over here in Portugal they divided all the the books in 2 parts. So the 3rd book is actually divided in 4 books. The 7 books will be released in 16 volumes, lol. Each of them costing ~£17-20.

Which explains why I haven't bought a single book in my country (other than books by Portuguese authors) in almost 8 years. Fucking thieves.

That's ridiculous =\ why would they do that?

To make more money! Literally. And to think I bought my 5 (well... 6, considering book 3 = 2 books) book set for £30 on Amazon... The notion that the equivalent would cost me upwards of £200 over here is insane.

Books are much more expensive over here because we're such a small market, the production costs are quite high and so they kind of have no choice. Although some companies have started duplicating the Penguin Classics model lately.

To make more money! Literally. And to think I bought my 5 (well... 6, considering book 3 = 2 books) book set for £30 on Amazon... The notion that the equivalent would cost me upwards of £200 over here is insane.

Books are much more expensive over here because we're such a small market, the production costs are quite high and so they kind of have no choice. Although some companies have started duplicating the Penguin Classics model lately.

Kindle is your answer. Then you don't have to pirate.

Kindle is your answer. Then you don't have to pirate.

Oh aye, I've switched over to digital for a while now. Massive fan. Not quite the same, but good enough, considering the benefits.

you could just ask one of us to buy the hard copies if they are at a reasonable price and send you them

you could just ask one of us to buy the hard copies if they are at a reasonable price and send you them

I do. Lol, I purchase all my books from the uk via book depository. Free shipping worldwide, remember? :D

When I said I hadn't purchased a book in 8 years, I meant from my country, not in general. I buy too many books, actually. =/ Too ambitious to read everything.

So what were everyone's thoughts on the season finale?

Arya is now more of a bad-ass than ever.

Theon is a broken man.

Danerys looks ready to sail to Westeros with her 'slave' army.

Jon Snuuuu, will somehow survive his wounds and will lead the Stark family.

Something big will happen between Joffrey, Tyrion and Tywin.

So what were everyone's thoughts on the season finale?

Arya is now more of a bad-ass than ever.

Theon is a broken man.

Danerys looks ready to sail to Westeros with her 'slave' army.

Jon Snuuuu, will somehow survive his wounds and will lead the Stark family.

Something big will happen between Joffrey, Tyrion and Tywin.

It was a good finale, but obviously it couldn't live upto the Rains of Castamere

you could be onto something with your spoilers, but spoilers i'm a book reader you don't want confirmation only speculation (uh i felt like bloody River Song then....)

Finally caught up with the series. I'm a bit peeved that I started watching it shortly before the Rains of Castamere (I was halfway through Season 2 when it aired) and I was spoiled that something big was going to happen from my sister, who never watched an episode (nor is she interested), but learned there was a twist anyway.

Ah well, at least I caught up, and now I can start reading the books.

Funny story, over here in Portugal they divided all the the books in 2 parts. So the 3rd book is actually divided in 4 books. The 7 books will be released in 16 volumes, lol. Each of them costing ~£17-20.

Here's another funny story: the exact same thing happens in Germany, a far bigger market than ours, for the same price. Except that our versions keep the original names, while the German editions feature names like Jon Schnee and Theon Graufreude.

Thankfully, most bookstores I've been to still sell American pocket editions for less than 10€ each.

It was all just set-up in the last 35 minutes...as if to say, "Hey remember all these characters, now don't forget there will be a Season 4, and you'll be able to catch them again.", but I didn't expect anything else after the amazing episode 9. It was the same at the start of Season 3.

i'm surprised they didn't pepper it with a few scenes from the start of season 4, to give it more of a cliffhanger vibe

suffice it to say though season 4 will be awesome

I guess they steer clear from cliffhanger season enders because they'd be spoilt so easily, but still.. i just found it to be a pretty dull episode =/

and am i the only one who thinks they are overdoing the whole dany thing? In the books she's still a pretty indecisive girl, leans heavily on those around her for support but puts on a brave face because she has to. I hate hows she's portrayed as this fearless, super confident goddess in the show.. they don't touch on her insecurities at all. She's one of my favourites in the book, but I feel so different about her in the show.

The fucking fuck at the end of ep 10 basically, and the music? jesus christ i was cringing the whole time

I love Daenerys. I hope she wins the Iron Throne. She's earned it. :heh:

So last Monday I started on season 2. Today I watched episodes 9 and 10 of Season 3.

I'd heard the phrase "Red Wedding" and was expecting a death at a wedding. I was certainly not expecting that.

I love seeing people say they're watching it for the first time and just days later they've fully caught up :laughing:

Its such a good show its easy to start by watching a single episode and end up finishing with a marathon!

And then you feel a bit dizzy. But that's okay.

I finally got around to buying the books. They look awesome on my bookshelf. Looking forward to finishing my master thesis so I can begin reading them!

Its such a good show its easy to start by watching a single episode and end up finishing with a marathon!

I foolishly starting watching the first season during my exams last year, it took up a good chunk of my revision time that's for sure.