N-Europe

The Official Devil Survivor (Series) Thread

Dante

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the one hand, this means we'll be lucky to get it within a year and a half of the American release...

... On the other hand, I wouldn't have been able to afford it right now anyway, so this is good news (or at least not bad news) for me.

• 3 months later...

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/46771/resident-evil-revelations-wii-u-busts-into-the-new-issue-of-official-nintendo-magazine/

Review of Devil Survivor Overclocked is in the latest issue of ONM. Ghostlight twitter says they will announce the release date "Soon" and it will definitely not launch in February. The twitter guy also claims he has had no news on a Devil Survivor 2 release date yet.

Does Ghostlight consist of a staff of two people? Two years to release a game that has already been translated into English.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/46771/resident-evil-revelations-wii-u-busts-into-the-new-issue-of-official-nintendo-magazine/

Review of Devil Survivor Overclocked is in the latest issue of ONM. Ghostlight twitter says they will announce the release date "Soon" and it will definitely not launch in February. The twitter guy also claims he has had no news on a Devil Survivor 2 release date yet.

Does Ghostlight consist of a staff of two people? Two years to release a game that has already been translated into English.

Unbelievable. As much as I appreciate their efforts, this whole situation smacks of incompetence.

With this and the whole palava surrounding Persona 4 Arena, it's crazy to think that Atlus still have not established their own EU publishing arm!

At the current pace it's taking to bring this to Europe, I expect Devil Survivor 2: Overclocked will be announced, released and brought over to the US, while we'll still be waiting another year to play the first one. :indeed:

Hugs and kisses to Nintendo for region-locking the 3DS. :smile:

Edited by Magnus

Yup, Magnus was right, the title has finally entered manufacturing.

"Hi everyone. I’m pleased to report we now have some light at the end of the tunnel for SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked and I’m pleased to be able to report that the game has now entered manufacturing. I realise that this long wait has been frustrating for everyone and on behalf of everyone here at Ghostlight, I would like to thank you all for your patience.

Of course the question you all want to know the answer to is, “when is it coming out?” Well, I can tell you that while the date it is not yet 100% confirmed, we are expecting to release the game across Europe towards the end of March in time for Easter. Please keep your eyes peeled, as we will be announcing the confirmed release date in the next couple of weeks and we’ll also be opening up pre-orders through our site.

In other news, the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine not only contains a stunning 87% review for Devil Survivor Overclocked (the highest score this month by the way), but there’s also a review of our rather brilliant 3DS driving game, Crash City Mayhem, which they’ve awarded 75% calling it “Shamelessly ridiculous driving fun.”

Finally, just a little reminder for all you Atlus fans out there that Maken Shao: Demon Sword will be coming to PSN as part of the PS2 Classics programme next week. That’s all for now – I’m off to start work evaluating a cool little JRPG on PSP which I hope to be telling you more about very soon J"

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/devil-survivor-overclocked-enters-manufacturing

Finally has a release date:

Devil Survivor Overclocked will at long last be released on April 5th (2013 ) and will be priced at £34.99 through the Ghostlight Store. As a special thank you to everyone who orders through the Ghostlight Store, we will be eliminating the postage cost for our UK customers and reducing the overseas postage and packaging by the same amount. And that’s not all as we will also be including a must have A1 double-sided poster (sent rolled in a sturdy cardboard tube) featuring the stunning box art on one side, whilst on the other there will be an amazing panoramic view of Tokyo handpicked from the wealth of incredible artwork created by the Atlus team.

So around 2 weeks before Fire Emblem?

What a smart business decision. I'll probably wait until they have a sale on their online store and get the poster. Seems like most games on their online store still have preorder bonuses included.

I'm actually more excited about this than the new Fire Emblem, but I realize I'm in the minority on that one. :p

Edit: Haha, apparently Atlus has just announced Devil Survivor 2: Break Code - an enhanced port of the second game for the 3DS - for release in Japan this summer. Ghostlight must be thrilled.

I look forward to playing it in 2015.

Edited by Magnus

Maybe this can be a chance to rectify the translation delays and perhaps an instance where Nintendo could step in and offer some guidance/assistance as part of their strategy to get Japanese games out to the rest of the world faster. Even if it only too a year to come out from it's Japanese release, it's quicker than Overclocked and faster than DS2 would have been if saw a near release.