NEurope
Daft

Romantically Apocalyptic

Romantically_Apocalyptic_02_by_alexiuss.jpg

After Bard posted Hipster Hitler, which I now love, I thought I'd post about Romantically Apocalyptic. I love.

A nuclear holocaust has destroyed most of humanity, leaving behind just a handful of soldiers: the Captain (the looniest of the loony), his Pilot, his Sniper, and his Engineer. Well, there are also a group of cultists living underground, but they worship a shredded lemonade label and hardly count. Instead of looking for other survivors or trying to rebuild some semblance of civilization, the crew occupies their time meandering through a ruined city making their own fun. Their own very peculiar brand of fun.

http://www.romanticallyapocalyptic.com/home

I like the style and want to like the entire comic, but I find the text really hard to read... :/

Those are beautiful just to look at. Who cares about the text! Actually though, they are humorous as well.

ffffuuuu

The site won't load.

The site won't load.

Yup, it's gone tits up for me too. Got to number 23 and I want more damnit!

This looks pretty good. I think the humour is derived more from the narrative progression over several issues rather than in any single one. The one with the jet powered train leading into the cultists den was lol.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I've read all the episodes and I don't know what I think about it. Part of me thinks it's brilliant the other part doesn't.

I'll definitely keep reading it though. Anyone know how often it updates?

This looks pretty good. I think the humour is derived more from the narrative progression over several issues rather than in any single one. The one with the jet powered train leading into the cultists den was lol.

Yeah I love that some of the jokes are linked to previous strips.

This one had me chuckling. I like how it's a small reference to the tag in the previous strip.

I also love how they manage to put facial expressions on a gas mask. This one shows it best:

romantically_apocalyptic_30_by_alexiuss-d317652.jpg

I'm really enjoying this. I love how they follow on.

Romantically_Apocalyptic_18_by_alexiuss.jpg

Romantically_Apocalyptic_20_by_alexiuss.jpg

Romantically_Apocalyptic_25_by_alexiuss.jpg

I'm now sold. The captain is a brilliant character, his poses are always brilliant. Like in the last strip I posted, they're parachuting and he's just got his hands in his pockets.

And then there's the last panel in this strip:

Romantically_Apocalyptic_26_by_alexiuss.jpg

Edited by The Peeps

It's entertaining and amazing artistically, but it doesn't make me even chuckle. Got to 30 and it stopped working.

I like the eccentricity of it, especially The Captain. Obviously the artwork is fantastic too.

Site has buggered up :(

If the world did end tomorrow I'd like to live the rest of my days with The Captain's zest for life.

I love it when he acts like everything is normal. The one with the McDonalds drive through is the perfect example.

Wow, it's bigger outside the website. If you take the source it's even bigger and more amazing looking, at least for me.

Spoilers =\

Sorry, I edited a tag in, but currently can't help moogles quote.

Saw this on the front page of the forums and was convinced that this would be the new name for the singles thread :heh: