NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Daft's taste in television is so bad it's actually my 'bad stuff' for today. :blank:

Good and entertaining aren't always the same thing.

And fine, maybe she isn't a man. But she sure as hell looks like she could have had a sex change.

I can almost forgive you for having consistently shit and contrarian opinions, but not when you begin to veer into offensive territory.

Genuinely not cool the way you talk about trans.

I was drunk at the time, somewhat and was joking.

How am I offending trans anyway?

I was drunk at the time, somewhat and was joking.

How am I offending trans anyway?

If you're using "she looks like a man" as a criticism...

If you're using "she looks like a man" as a criticism...

I thought it was pretty common that girls don't like to be told they look like men, and so saying they do is a valid criticism.

I didn't think I was offending anyone, except maybe Minaj herself. But I was just messing around with Paj.

People use "gay" and "retarded" as criticisms. Doesn't make them prejudiced against mentally deficient people or gay people.

That's not really a criticism. You could also say someone "looks like a gay" without offending gays everywhere.

It's weird, you call someone gay and gay people get pissed off because gay is being used as a derogatory term. Say a woman looks like a man and no one cares.

I for one am starting a movement against men being used as a derogatory term! Who's with me?!

Anyone?...

Saying a woman looks like a man is an insult to transexuals everywhere? :p

No, the implicit underlying transphobia just makes him look like a massive cunt.

I have no idea who Nicki Minaj is, I thought it was a guy dressed as a girl.

Why is that a problem? I genuinely don't get how a misunderstanding is an issue. I think you're looking for problems where problems don't exist.

saying a woman looks like a man is insulting... but not to all women, just the one you insult... lol

(If someone told me that I looked like a man I would be insulted, but I wouldn't expect all of womankind to be insulted on my behalf)

Why is that a problem? I genuinely don't get how a misunderstanding is an issue. I think you're looking for problems where problems don't exist.

Well, read the previous quote.

Why on earth would having a man dressed as a woman as your desktop embarrassing?

(If someone told me that I looked like a man I would be insulted,

Then you are transphobic.

Is it because I said it was an embarrassing wallpaper?

Because I was mostly referring to the thing being very pink and something I would be embarrassed to have as a wallpaper when I take out my laptop in college. And sure it is conforming to gender roles, but I wouldn't want that unnecessary attention and derogatory name calling.

At the end of the day, I'm just fucking fed up of whenever this topic is brought up everyone kinda huddles together and says "No, that's not offensive".

THAT'S THE KINDA SHIT PEOPLE DID AND SAID IN THE 50s WHILST THEY WERE BLACKING UP AND HUGGING THEIR GOLLYWOGS.

It might not seem offensive to you, because you've obviously been brought up in an atmosphere where trans people are laughed at casually and thought of as weird curiosities. But it's a fucking real issue.

And you're doing yourself no favours by looking like transphobic cunts.

Chill your beans chair. I think you're trying to make this bigger than it is.

I get what you mean Chair. Trans people are still very ostracised, even by the gay community. I have a bi friend that thinks they are disgusting and I have many arguments about it.

I wasn't trying to be offensive though. I was just saying it was embarrassing in a social sense to have as a wallpaper, because people would make fun of it. Not because I thought it was terrible. Like I sometimes like wearing a cap backwards, but people laugh at me and I find it embarrassing. In this case I like the cap, but the cap is still embarrassing.

So I apologise for being insulting, but I was not trying to be. I seriously thought it was a man, I wasn't trying to insult Paj by saying it, I was just commenting on my mistake.

At the end of the day, I'm just fucking fed up of whenever this topic is brought up everyone kinda huddles together and says "No, that's not offensive".

THAT'S THE KINDA SHIT PEOPLE DID AND SAID IN THE 50s WHILST THEY WERE BLACKING UP AND HUGGING THEIR GOLLYWOGS.

It might not seem offensive to you, because you've obviously been brought up in an atmosphere where trans people are laughed at casually and thought of as weird curiosities. But it's a fucking real issue.

And you're doing yourself no favours by looking like transphobic cunts.

So you think it's fine to judge everyone on their upbringing and claim their opinions are invalid because of it?

Nice one.

I, for one, have been brought up by extremely tolerant people and pride myself on being even more tolerant, even of things that most tolerant people I know are sceptical about. Yet I don't see the slightest bit of offense in what Diageo wrote (well, except that he insulted the wallpaper :heh:). Rather, I see a person who's in my opinion far too defensive about anything related to the LGTBQ community and who already harbours negative feelings towards Diageo.

No offence was intended with this post.

So you think it's fine to judge everyone on their upbringing and claim their opinions are invalid because of it?

Nice one.

I, for one, have been brought up by extremely tolerant people and pride myself on being even more tolerant, even of things that most tolerant people I know are sceptical about. Yet I don't see the slightest bit of offense in what Diageo wrote (well, except that he insulted the wallpaper :heh:). Rather, I see a person who's in my opinion far too defensive about anything related to the LGTBQ community and who already harbours negative feelings towards Diageo.

No offence was intended with this post.

Makeshift thanks.

I'm not really being transphobic because I don't see people that way. I'm very accepting of people in all shapes and sizes so I would appreciate not being labelled as whatever :) I am a minority for christ's sakes...

For me, as a female, wanting to and trying to behave in a feminine way... yes it is an insult to say I look like a man. It's completely irrelevant to any crossgender issues, a comment like that is a personal stab at my taste/behaviour/looks, not anything to do with my gender.