NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 8 : Crusade of the Dragons

Hmm.

REMOVE VOTE

Cube's powers screech ZAPDOS! at me...and while I'm open to there being multiples of the same pokemon, gmac's version seems far less Zapdos-y. Despite my own inclinations.

That actually makes a lot of sense remove vote partly because I didn't realise he was so close to being lynched and we've not heard anything from any investigators or the like yet.

The mountain of the Dragons was notoriously windy, and this night was no exception.

A small blue and red Pokemon grabbed his device but despite being out all night he returned to his cave fruitless.

A green, pale cyan and pinkish Pokemon was knocked to the ground by a fast moving brown and orange Pokemon that zoomed past him. Momentarily distracted he continued on his path and a green and red Pokemon felt refreshed.

A white, pink and blue Pokemon was knocked to its feet.

A large yellow Pokemon folded its wings, as an orange, flaming Pokemon shook off the singed fuzzy spores from its body...it was covered. A huge crowd of Pokemon were nearby, but a storm cloud obscured much of the view.

A small collection of faces shook from side to side in unison.

A huge drawing-in of energy echoed across the mountain.

Elsewhere a gigantic Pokemon folded its arms, feeling content it smugly contemplated that it could have done more.

The sun rose and heat instantly filled the mountain-scape. The Pokemon were surprised to see no blood shed in the night.

Players (21);

Aqui1a, Brian Mcoy, Chairdriver, Cube, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo, Dyson, Eddie Coleslaw, Ellmeister, gmac, heroicjanitor, Jonnas, MadDog, Marcamillian, mr-paul, Nintendohnut, Paj Meen Ah, Sméagol, Tales, The Peeps, Zell.

Majority is 11.

DAY TWO

Day phase is 48 hours or when lynch arrived at.

No, large and yellow.

I find:

"A white, pink and blue Pokemon was knocked to its feet."

really curious. I'm not sure what being knocked to your feet entails.

Surely if we saw it transforming, it'd defeat the point of Ditto as a mafia weapon?

I didn't say the transformation itself would be in the write-up. But as both claim to have used night abilities, (of which gmac's abilites have been verified), there should be 2 yellow Pokémon in the write-up.

Also, with all this Zapdos chat we're ignoring the bigger picture.

What's the bigger picture?

Cube would obviously invent something zapdo-y if he was pretending to be Zapdos.

And as the yellow pokemon did nothing, it appears to have just watched whoever targeted Moltres.

P.S I hate Diageo's "logic" above so much that I now suspect him of mafianess.

P.P.S Legendaries (especially the birds) aren't unique in the anime. In the general Pokemon universe, they're extremely rare, but with the birds and dogs and stuff, multiple exist (IIRC).

I find:

"A white, pink and blue Pokemon was knocked to its feet."

really curious. I'm not sure what being knocked to your feet entails.

I thought of Spoink or Grumpig or something that can balance on a tail or whatever. But it implies it wasn't on it's feet at first. One like Slaking that sleeps normally?

Hmm. Bearing in mind he may have included some of the new pokes from black and white.

P.S I hate Diageo's "logic" above so much that I now suspect him of mafianess.

P.P.S Legendaries (especially the birds) aren't unique in the anime. In the general Pokemon universe, they're extremely rare, but with the birds and dogs and stuff, multiple exist (IIRC).

I thought of Spoink or Grumpig or something that can balance on a tail or whatever. But it implies it wasn't on it's feet at first. One like Slaking that sleeps normally?

Hmm. Bearing in mind he may have included some of the new pokes from black and white.

What do you hate about it?

No one is saying there aren't two because it is a legendary. But because it would be boring and Rez has never done it before.

What's the bigger picture?

You. Me. The rest of the player list. We have to be thinking about what everyone is saying, and what they're not saying.

Focusing on a handful of players makes the town lose.

It was your logic last page, there's just been too many post in between. :p It was you saying "oh in the past all the mafia have been one type, therefore BOTH Zapdos' must be evil".

Not really. The way that post read felt fake.

Mcoy hopes If there is a Spoink that it's In the mafia

"the bouncing serves a far more vital function in that it keeps its heart beating; if it's stopped from bouncing, it'll go into cardiac arrest and die"

Mcoy knows we'd just have to wait for it to fall over and It'd kill itself.

You. Me. The rest of the player list. We have to be thinking about what everyone is saying, and what they're not saying.

Focusing on a handful of players makes the town lose.

Not if one of them is clearly mafia.

Looking at the users viewing this thread, HeroJan has been keeping very quiet...anything to add to the discussion? :P

Not if one of them is clearly mafia.

The only reason we have any grounds to suspect either of them is because you have in your head the arbitrary notion that Zapdos must be unique.

gmac claims to be a reverse tracker. Can you really see Zapdos being a tracker? Cube's power description makes far more sense.

If anything, I believe gmac is Ditto.

I'm willing to accept the existence of multiple Zapdos, but Cube seems adamant that I'm mafia so I'm going to keep my vote on him for now

I can see Zapdos being a tracker, flying above it's target, watching everyone that targets it,

The way I see it, Tales, gmac and Diageo are all trying to clear each other.

The way I see it, even if there are two Zapdos' one of them is probably evil. Perhaps I'm being narrowminded, but I just don't think the town would have two of the same pokemon.

Oh, and Mcoy. That's four of them, so there's probably one more after that.

Just a reminder, not necessarily drawing any conclusions: Mcoy and Smeagol verified gmac's info is true, and Mcoy verified Tales is Moltres.

The only reason we have any grounds to suspect either of them is because you have in your head the arbitrary notion that Zapdos must be unique.

It's not arbitrary. In the games you can only catch one. It's more likely that would be translated to the mafia game as well. But it's not even about Zapdos being Legendary, it is about players generally having unique roles in mafia games. I must admit though that you including 2 Supermen in your game is brilliant. However, this is the exception.

gmac claims to be a reverse tracker. Can you really see Zapdos being a tracker? Cube's power description makes far more sense.

Why not? Do abilities always have to be exactly defined by their original counterparts? This would severely limit what a mod can include in his game. But more importantly you're disregarding the fact gmac's claim of his ability has been backed by 2 other people.