N-Europe

iOS Gaming Thread

flameboy

Does anyone else know similar games?

Kairosoft are working on Game Dev Story 2 and The Game Dealer. The Game Dealer is all about managing your own game retail store.

I may be a while before they get translated into English (and probably even longer until I can play them).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kairosoft are working on Game Dev Story 2 and The Game Dealer. The Game Dealer is all about managing your own game retail store.

I may be a while before they get translated into English (and probably even longer until I can play them).

I knew about Game Dev Story 2 but not this other one you speak of...

Down the years I have found Jeff Minter to be a bit of weirdo and to have said some very bizarre dumb things down the years. However I cannot help but love Minotaur Rescue, its like Asteroids in funky colours mixed with is it computer space that has the moon/planet in the middle and you wiz around it? Also throw in some random minotaurs to pick up. Also I think it has some good controls seen complaints but I like them. It auto shoots and you swipe anywhere on the screen to move, it feels a damn sight better than the view intrusive twin virtual sticks of the likes of Geometry Wars. It's only 59p so go pick it up!

I donno, I don't like Minotaur Rescue too much. I know its going for that lo-fi Atari charm, but it just doesn't play very well. The acceleration on the ship is bizarre, and its difficult to correlate the controls with the spastic movement of the ship sometimes. The aesthetic is like a bizarro 8-bit acid trip though.

I donno, I don't like Minotaur Rescue too much. I know its going for that lo-fi Atari charm, but it just doesn't play very well. The acceleration on the ship is bizarre, and its difficult to correlate the controls with the spastic movement of the ship sometimes. The aesthetic is like a bizarro 8-bit acid trip though.

Yeah bizarro 8-bit acid trip is kinda Jeff Minter's style. You are right the accerelration does work very odd at time and the smallest flick sends you flying away.

On another note the awesome Road Blaster has been released for just 59p, here's a video, gonna download it when I get home tonight! Use to love it on whatever system of my mates I played it on.

EDIT:

Also Geared 2 is FREE for this weekend only I know I know its monday but I just downloaded it...

Edited by flameboy

• 2 weeks later...

Great list of games over at toucharcade that for one promotion or another are free to download for a limited time:

Did you burn all of your iTunes credit you had saved up on Dead Space last night? Have you given up actually purchasing games as part of an extremely odd New Year's resolution? Or, maybe, do you have such a terrible case of the Mondays that it has become a case of the Tuesdays? Well, here's a whole load of great free games to nab. Of course, the standard App Store pricing disclaimer is in effect here in that all of these games are free as of this writing, but they could go back to paid at any time. So, really, it's in your best interest to just mash your download button as hard and as fast as you can on all of these games before they go back to their normal prices.

AR Invaders, Free - [Forum Thread] – This game was nominated in the International Mobile Gaming Awards as one of the best real world games and now you can try it for free. Basically, it uses the camera of your device to overlay an alien invasion on top of your nearby surroundings. It's a pretty cool augmented reality tech demo that's totally worth checking out.

Buster Red, Free - [Forum Thread] – Huge lasers, bullets everywhere, massive bosses, tons of enemies, multiple ships to play as, and many other features come packed in this vertical shooter. It has achievements, leaderboards, and some pretty awesome music to boot.

Cat Physics, Free - [Review] – [Forum Thread] – I'm reluctant to really call Cat Physics the best Donut Game, but I do love cats, physics, and Donut Games… In this particular title, you need to roll a ball between two cats. Of course it's not that simple, however, as these cats seem to play in the strangest of environments.

Hysteria Project, Free - [Review] – [Forum Thread] – To hype of the release of the sequel due out on the 27th, the original Hysteria Project is free for a limited time. I still think this game is pretty cool, as it reminds me a lot of early full motion video games where you view canned footage with branching points, kind of like a video choose your own adventure book.

Jungle Crash Land, Free This seems to be one of the forgotten Donut Games, as not many people on TouchArcade are talking about it. I'm not sure why, because it's a heck of a lot of fun. The basic premise amounts to you've got a plane landing on a runway that's covered in rocks and other junk that you need to shoot with missiles first. Sure, it sounds goofy, but give it a spin.

Liberty Wings, Free - [Forum Thread] – Do you like flying planes, shooting things, and playing three distinctly different game modes? Well, Liberty Wings is the game for you. It has a campaign and freeplay mode, as well as OpenFeint integration for all that fantastic OpenFeinty stuff.

muBlip, Free - [Review] – [Forum Thread] – Part rhythm game, part Simon, muBlip is a stylish game of music, timing, accuracy, and memory. I gave it a try when it was first released and was surprised by just how difficult it was, especially as you progress through the levels. I never dared to try the "hardcore" mode.

Phoenix Spirit, Free - [Review] – [Forum Thread] – If you've been looking for a good Metroid/Castlevania style game on the App Store, give this one a try. In Phoenix Spirit you play as a flying squirrel, which is pretty cool until you discover that the game's control scheme revolves around gesture-based gliding. If you find yourself enjoying the controls, you'll be in for a treat.

Skycat and the starchildren, Free - [Review] – [Forum Thread] – I thought this game was great when it was first released, but with a limited pool of content and no endless mode it was a little hard to recommend. Now that it's free, you can see what all the fuss is about at no cost! Seriously, give this game a try, it's a surprisingly fun platformer.

Sunday Lawn, Free - [Forum Thread] -The third and final free game from Donut Games. Sunday Lawn is a puzzle game involving mowing lawns while avoiding obstacles. It also saw a substantial update since its initial release which added 30 new levels and all kinds of other fun stuff.

I downloaded all of them I've tried muBlip and love it fantastic rhythm game! Also Hysteria Project is a game a picked up last week after seeing it on a different free game list. Kinda cool interactive movieness....

Also Dead Space releases today and has been getting incredible reviews!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so new round of games out today and some real gems amongst them (I've downloaded all 3 below:

League of Evil

Super Meatboy-esque platformer with a cracking chiptunes soundtrack.

Cardboard Castle

Beautiful artwork and paper puzzle trickey!

Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden

Gameloft's latest offering and instead of ripping off the likes of Call of Duty or Uncharted they are no "paying homage" to Zelda. Look at the trailer below and decide for yourself...the game is free to download with the full game available as an in app purchase...this is the only way to download the game and apparently is a way of combating piracy.

Downloaded Cardboard Castle' date=' love it so far, should prove good entertainment on my flight tomorrow. The other two aren't really my thing though. Might try and find a few more before I go though.[/quote']

garage.inc? time management game with a story etc...

also all adult swim games are on sale at the moment...the like of Robot Unicorn and Amateur Surgeon, Zombie Cafe is a free game as well, quite good, you can on fine without any micro transactions

Thanks for the tips! Got all of the above apart from Robot Unicorn. Also got the demo for the iPad version of GTA. Reckon they should keep me busy for a while.

Dunno if you've gone or not yet but GTA Chinatown Wars is meant to be half price this weekend to celebrate Chinese New Year.

Dunno if you've gone or not yet but GTA Chinatown Wars is meant to be half price this weekend to celebrate Chinese New Year.

Thanks for the tip! I've got that and Dead Space on my iPad now. Should keep me occupied. Hopefully my new headphones are going to turn up before I leave and everything will then be in place for a good flight.

Thanks for the tip! I've got that and Dead Space on my iPad now. Should keep me occupied. Hopefully my new headphones are going to turn up before I leave and everything will then be in place for a good flight.

awesome! glad I could help :bouncy:enjoy your trip!

Dead Space recommends that you play it with earphones, but they've got the screen rotation the wrong way round so the earphones jab out just where you want to hold your hands. Can't find my good earphones at the moment which have a curved pin (ie. not totally straight like the official ones) which would solve the problem but using the official Apple ones it's incredibly uncomfy to hold.... Anyone else had this problem with it, or another game?

The game will rotate the other way. Just start it up and hold it the other way for 10-20 secs.

Yeah what he said...its a common problem...

Anyway does anyone know how to back up you actual game saves? I need to restore my ipod because its got full of randomness in the "other" section. 1.64GB on a 8GB is a lot to lose :(

Isn't dead space just the first dead space from the PS3/360?

nope whilst yes it shares the title. You are in fact playing a new character called Vandal and are in the Sprawl (?) from the 2nd game and what ever happens in it leads directly to the start of Dead Space 2.