N-Europe

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Retro_Link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come back from seeing it in 3D, wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but had so much missing potential.

Sparrow needs someone to back and forth his remarks with, before we had Will and Elizabeth but now we had noone. Cruz didn't get her tits out nearly as much as I was hoping and I expected more betrayal from Barbossa.

As for the ending, Cruz could've done a million things to get back on that boat and Sparrow/Gibbs' conversation at the end sounded like it was ripped right out of a Kenan and Kel ending (Which is shit by itself)

Saw it yesterday, thought it was alright, bit odd without Will and Elizabeth, but I still enjoyed me some Captain Jack Sparrow.

Though one thing that annoyed me...

Was how Jacks father was in the film for such a brief time, felt like he was being set up to play a more important role in the film, or at least make another appearence somewhere.

Just saw it and thought it was just really bland, I doubt I will remember anything about this film in a week or two.

Not that I was bored, it had no kick, nothing memorable and relied to much on the suspension of disbelieve.

They could have cut down on the silly shenanigans and spend more time having the film make sense.

My biggest bother was

If Jack's voodoo doll was not damaged due to landing in the water, why did Jack not drown?

Fire clearly affected him and I am pretty sure water could have done some damage to him.

Also a spoiler but not a bother, everything makes more sense if you imagine that Blackbeard is the zombie pirate Le Chuck.

Went to the only non-3d showing of the film, got a good laugh when they showed the Harry Potter trailer and a majority of the crowd let out a huge groan when "Showed in 3D" sentence appeared at the end of the trailer.

I liked it. Being the 4th in the series I didn't ekspect too much of it, that would be silly. It was as good as the second movie I think. Loved the mermaids, not because they were hot, but I think where a great addition to the movie and it gave a lot of good and eksciting sceenes.

3d didn't do much for me, like with the 3ds I sometimes went "oh, this is 3d" and then notices the 3d effect. I could do without but it wasn't a bother either.

Just came back from seeing this and for me it's easily the worst out of all of them.

I was in the camp that thought the character of Jack Sparrow was all that this film franchise needed but I was so wrong. This film really misses the characters of Will and Elizabeth, aswell as others from the pirate crew. The characters they put in the new film lack any sort of chemistry and just seem to be there to fill up the roster and as for Blackbeard, he doesn't even come close to being as memorable as Davey Jones or Barbossa. The characters that do return from the previous films just don't seem the same as they were in the other 3.

The film was very dark, it's like the men behind it got a discount or something for shooting everything at night. At one point I gave a sigh of relief when a scene finally shifted to daylight!

I went to see this with 3 mates, all of which enjoyed the original films and all 3 of us came out of the cinema very disappointed.

Totally agree with everything said. Even though I hated them and thought the characters of Will and Elizabeth were extremely bland and boring, the film really missed them. Jack Sparrow single-handedly carried this movie more or less. The first 45 minutes of it was the best out of the lot and very enjoyable and after the mermaids (which were easily the best scenes out of the entire movie), it felt like everybody who worked on the movie got very bored and stopped trying.

Everything was just terrible and so bland and boring but the mermaids and Penelope Cruz were hot!

I pondered exactly the same question as someone else on here; if that zombie chucked Jack's voodoo doll, why did he not drown considering everything else had hurt him?

The doll looked like it would float.

Could or looked like? lmao. I just thought the movie as a whole was quite silly. I mean...

mistake Penelope Cruz as Johnny Depp? She looked hilarious with that fake moustache and beard! There's no way any man would have mistaken her for Jack Sparrow!

Could or looked like? lmao. I just thought the movie as a whole was quite silly. I mean...

mistake Penelope Cruz as Johnny Depp? She looked hilarious with that fake moustache and beard! There's no way any man would have mistaken her for Jack Sparrow!

It worked in Dead Man's Chest for Knightley, but she doesn't have the awesomeness that is Cruz's banging rack.