NEurope
Beast

The audience in the cinemas

When I saw Avatar everyone applauded at the end, which was quite amusing. I think that was in Stevenage, too. :heh:

I usually go towards the end of a film's cinema life. A lot less busy (sometimes we're the only ones in there) and therefore a lot less bell ends.

I'm pretty sure people were up and dancing at the end of Mamma Mia! when I saw it. There's like a random bit where they just sing Dancing Queen or whatever and it was totally unrelated to the story at the end, and all the old ladies were singing along and getting their groove on. Which I suppose is kinda nice to see happening.

Horrible cinema experience though, so busy we had to sit in the front row. Not a great film either. :/

I was kinda "that guy" when I went and saw Doom.

During the scene where the old army guy smashes his head against the wall to stop "becoming the demons" I just fucking lost it, I had to bend down and cover my mouth I was laughing so hard.

Another time was when I went to see the Orphan and the big "twist" was revealed.

It was a laughter that started with me and spread around the audience, probably when they realize how stupid it was

And from the looks of it, I had a very opposite experience seeing Scott Pilgrim, there was a full audience and it loved it.

Never watch kids movies, random kids being around you is FUCKING.ANNOYING!!!! I swear, there have been times where I wanted to turn around and beat the shit or just walk out of the cinema.

Never watch kids movies, random kids being around you is FUCKING.ANNOYING!!!! I swear, there have been times where I wanted to turn around and beat the shit or just walk out of the cinema.

Wrong thread.

No point in posting there since I have yet to walk out of a cinema, I posted here just to express my hatred for annoying loud kids who somehow always ruin brilliant kids films. You have no idea how annoying it was watching a pixar film and hearing some little kid keep asking his mother 'what's that? Who's he? Why is he fighting him? I'm hungry, I want to go to the toilet'

No point in posting there since I have yet to walk out of a cinema, I posted here just to express my hatred for annoying loud kids who somehow always ruin brilliant kids films. You have no idea how annoying it was watching a pixar film and hearing some little kid keep asking his mother 'what's that? Who's he? Why is he fighting him? I'm hungry, I want to go to the toilet'

I was joking.

The most active I have ever known a cinema audience was at Back to the Future a few weeks back. The audience all cheered as the classic lines were delivered (One point twenty-one jigga-watts!) and clapped at the end.

When I saw Avatar everyone applauded at the end, which was quite amusing. I think that was in Stevenage, too.
Maybe they were just happy it was over.

I had a similar viewing of Aliens and The Terminator at the Showroom- just a load of geeks watching their favourite movies and it was awesome. Some of the best screenings I've ever been to.

I also had a good showing of Inception- I caught what was I think the penultimate showing in all of Sheffield and there was only about ten people in the audience. I was by myself and managed a nice, quiet film with no interruptions or distractions. Yes.

I had a similar viewing of Aliens and The Terminator at the Showroom- just a load of geeks watching their favourite movies and it was awesome. Some of the best screenings I've ever been to.

Dude I was there too, remember? :heh:

When I watched New Moon in the cinemas (Fuck you all before you slate me :) ) on the bit before the film starts, where it's the film certificate, the crowd were all cheering at that part!

Again in New Moon, when Bella is on the bike and falls, cuts her head, Jacob comes over, see's she's bleeding, takes his top off and uses it to soak up the blood, Such a huge cheer, woo noise... even my girlfriend did it.

Again Again, New Moon, the end scene, Edward proposed to Bella, then it cut's out.... so many jeers,

Matrix Reloaded - the end scene, When it cuts and says 'To Be Concluded' the whole cinema groaned. Even though surely everyone knew that it'd end there as everyone knew that there was Matrix Revolutions to follow a few months later.

Inception - The end scene again, will it drop, wont it drop.... cuts to black, cinema applauding loudly.

* Yes i've seen New Moon and Eclipse in the cinema, My girlfriend is a fan of the series, But I wont use her as an excuse, i actually read all the books myself too, and wanted to see the films myself too.

When I watched New Moon in the cinemas (Fuck you all before you slate me :) ) on the bit before the film starts, where it's the film certificate, the crowd were all cheering at that part!

Again in New Moon, when Bella is on the bike and falls, cuts her head, Jacob comes over, see's she's bleeding, takes his top off and uses it to soak up the blood, Such a huge cheer, woo noise... even my girlfriend did it.

Again Again, New Moon, the end scene, Edward proposed to Bella, then it cut's out.... so many jeers,

* Yes i've seen New Moon and Eclipse in the cinema, My girlfriend is a fan of the series, But I wont use her as an excuse, i actually read all the books myself too, and wanted to see the films myself too.

Well done to you for admitting you're a fan of Twilight, welcome to the club! Good to know I'm not alone, haha. :)

Also, I got the same reaction too. Hated New Moon and even when I got the DVD and decided to watch it again, I still didn't like it. Then again, I didn't like the book either, I thought it was way too slow and boring. *waits for the haters*....

Edited by Animal

I've been pretty lucky with my cinema experiences. Never been with an audience that made me want to walk out or post about it in a rage on the Internet. I've been with some very loud audiences too.

I really like it when people clap at the end of movies, or audibly express fear or delight at something they see. I don't see movies at the cinema just so I can be wowed by a huge screen and awesome sound, I can do that to an extent at home.

I enjoy the cinema for the audience. That's what cinema is about for me. I honestly feel a bit cheated when I show up somewhere and the theatre is almost empty.

My most recent applause experience was seeing Back to the Future on re-release at Empire in London. I'm pretty sure it was on opening night. There was clapping and cheering at all the big lines and best moments. Truly fantastic memory and one that would have sucked without a packed audience.

Mcoy remembered when he was watching signs at the cinema.

Mcoy remembered it being such an awful film and the way the aliens die to water was hillarious. At the end a glass of water fell on an alien so Mcoy leapt off his chair and started cheering, Mcoy guessed the rest of the cinema was full of fairly young people because It was almost like a football stadium where a goal had been scored.

Hahahahahahahahahhha. Oh man, I cried at this.

I remember seeing Borat in the cinema, and the audience then was something that I had never experienced before. Never seen so much laughter in the cinema. Quite incredible really. Although, there was this one dude behind me who "explained" why everything was funny.

So, when Borat is talking about the Running of the Jew (haha, same initials are Return of the Jedi), the dude said "hehehe, he's taking the piss out of the jews." O RLY? I hadn't noticed.

Throughout the whole film he did it. I wanted to rip him a new arse-face.

Murr reminded me about New Moon. I managed to block that out. :p

Yeah, people cheering when Jacob takes off his top, shocked gasps at the end, lol. It was surreal. SO busy as well. My friends and I had to seperate, I was with a girl who was into all the cheering too. :/

I remember when and saw Wall-E, the guy behind me went "d'aaaaaw" at every cute moment in the film, no matter how much of a cute scene it was.

Made me want to gauge his eyes out after a while.

The Simpsons movie has to be the worst for me. You know when Ralph sings along to the 20th century fox theme at the beginning?... Well a kid wouldn't stop doing that throughout the whole movie.

I don't think I've ever been annoyed by a crowd in a film.

Maybe you were the annoying one in the crowd. *

* Genuinely no offence meant to you, but that comment just seemed ripe for taking the mick.

*No offence taken.

Maybe I'm not so easily annoyed as other people seem to be.

I wasn't at the cinema at the time but my housemate stood up and booed at the end of Spiderman 3.

Well... Any loud/annoying noises from the crowds tend to be forgettable for me, except for a few occasions:

1. When me and my classmates used to go to the movies on a school trip, our group would embarrass the whole cinema. Basically, we were usually "that one group", making noises whenever anything remotely sexual appeared, etc.

I was never a loud one, but I'm sure I joined in on the laughter several times.

2. This probably doesn't count, because it was a theatre play ("The Pillowman"), but it was funny hearing apparently calm, civilized people around you suddenly gasp and panic because they didn't expect the play to be so gory (quite disgusting, in fact).

At that same play, I went with some cousins of mine. One of them, for some reason, brought a visiting Belgian friend who didn't understand a lick of Portuguese. Hearing him trying to explain the play to her was amusing.

Actor (in Portuguese): "You killed that child, didn't you?"

Cousin (to her, in French): "They're accusing him of killing a boy"

Actor: "The kid's toes are in this box, you know that?"

Cousin: "Umm...That box...contains the boy's toes..."

Actor: "Let's see if you still 'know nothing'! Eat those toes! Swallow them!" *actor forces the "toes" through another actor's throat*

Cousin: "H-He...uh...thought that...h-he wants to...ummm...."

I don't remember much else, though. But looking at them mid-play was hilarious.