N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

Well, it says my traps will prevent anyone from targetting me, so I certainly believe so.

I wouldn't have answered that, quite a question to ask. mr-paul goes on my list!

Are we sure these notes are absolutely true/ trustworthy?

Could just be a ploy by mafia to confuse everyone.

Something I said previously regarding ReZ and Cube and their mutual backing up of each other. Now knowing that Chair WAS killed by a vigilante, they are both still on my suspicion list. There's a tiny possibility Danny has just played the most awesome ace card and totally bluffed his way through to put suspicion on a lot of people that didn't have it, and it's quite amazing if he is, but I shan't really dwell on that now cos I doubt even he is that awesome.

I'm sorry I may have missed something, but how has Peeps cleared everything up about not being able to target Diageo?

He's said he's a redirector/target swapper and swapped Diageo the last two nights.

Peeps, I'll ask you, what are your plans for tonight? Will you use your power again, will you at least not use it on Diageo in order for some of us to try and determine the truth of what is being said?

I don't really get how you're supposed to find her anyway? Since if you target someone you kill them? So if you target the princess you could just end up killing her?

At the moment I think she should stay hidden a bit longer probably.

I can't help but suspect you to be the princess from this post, sorry. It offers us little, but I'm putting my suspicion out there. Danny, is there anything you can tell me about the princess? Do you know much/anything about her?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it says my traps will prevent anyone from targetting me, so I certainly believe so.

I was just wondering because by roleclaiming you will now no doubt be a target for the mafia, so to carry on and fulfill your role you'll need to sit back in your room with your traps until you are sure who is the princess, or keep killing until you find her, which will make you vulnerable to being killed yourself.

On the other hand the mafia may want you alive as there's a chance you could kill townies too, helping them. I think you'll have to be very careful.

Something I said previously regarding ReZ and Cube and their mutual backing up of each other. Now knowing that Chair WAS killed by a vigilante, they are both still on my suspicion list.

I'm not sure what you're hinting at here. I'm fairly certain chair disguised himself as ReZ to make investigators get an evil result since he was likely to be investigated. Unless it's a very risky double bluff (made risky by the fact that not much gets revealed in the write-ups), I find that this paints ReZ in a very positive light.

I can't help but suspect you to be the princess from this post, sorry. It offers us little, but I'm putting my suspicion out there. Danny, is there anything you can tell me about the princess? Do you know much/anything about her?

Nothing more than what is apparent from the intro, I'm afraid. That's why I decided to come forward. It would be difficult for me to find her otherwise.

I'm not sure what you're hinting at here. I'm fairly certain chair disguised himself as ReZ to make investigators get an evil result since he was likely to be investigated. Unless it's a very risky double bluff (made risky by the fact that not much gets revealed in the write-ups), I find that this paints ReZ in a very positive light.

Though we know absolutely nothing about his role. What if he had no option but to choose the guise of someone else? What if there was no chairdriver, per se? Just a constant doppelganger master of disguise? I'm going through this game trying to make as few assumptions as I can, by considering any alternatives.

Though we know absolutely nothing about his role. What if he had no option but to choose the guise of someone else? What if there was no chairdriver, per se? Just a constant doppelganger master of disguise? I'm going through this game trying to make as few assumptions as I can, by considering any alternatives.

No his role was revealed when he died. He could sneakily obtain info and disguise himself.

I still don't see how this changes what I said?

Anyway, I'm really not keen on just killing left and right. Truth be told, there is a hint in my PM that "things could turn bad if I target the wrong people". I have no idea what this means, but it's one of the reasons I'm wary about using my power. I'd really just like to stay put while searching for the princess. My attacking ReZ was partial boredom, partial frustration at the lack of leads. I didn't even consider simply coming forward before earlier today.

Finished work early :) looks like I have a lot to read so I'll wait until I get home. Just posting now so people don't think I looked at the thread and left suspiciously :p

Skimmed this last page because I wanted to post, sorry if I miss anything. I'll go back over it after :P

Rummy, obviously I will not be saying who I'm going to target tonight. How ridiculous and pointless would that be. I'll most likely be roleblocked or killed tonight anyway.

I doubt Diageo will be killed if he's not mafia because of all the suspicion there already is against him. The mafia aren't likely to kill someone who the town already don't trust (or if he is mafia he won't die anyway obviously).

One thing I'd like cleared up... Eenuh targeted Chairdriver and got Rez but Dannyboy targeted Rez and got Chairdriver. It's possible but it seems fishy to me. I wouldn't have thought Chair's power would have the effect of changing Rez's targets onto himself but more that anyone targeting Chair would think they're seeing Rez (or whoever he chooses) but will actually see Chair's actions.

So basically I'm wondering if Eenuh or Dannyboy is being untruthful with targets. It's all assumption on my part though, obviously I don't know what Chairdriver's full power was.

@ Zell & Ellmeister if you're going to deliberately skip pages or posts or whatever you are going to miss a hell of a lot (mainly aimed at Zell).

It's been quite clearly stated by a few people that I was redirecting people away from Diageo for those 2 nights. The first time because with his power, I wanted to protect him and the second time because about 5 (exaggerating probably) people said they tried to target him the first time.

Not that it counts for much given that I'm apparently suspicious myself but you two are both on my own suspicious list.

Think that's all

Let's get this cleared up then.

Nintendohnut

I thought you were saying that you would hold off from voting and but wanted everyone else to vote for me anyway. That to me was hilariously funny. Laughing in your face? I'm nowhere near your face. Sure I was laughing at you, but it is because I thought what you were doing is funny. I then said that I misunderstood what you said. I can't see how you can get offended over someone saying "HAHAHA" on a forum.

Also I never called anyone stupid, I said the actions were stupid, or a decision is stupid. I don't think that if you make a stupid decision it makes you stupid.

But let's say I am being annoying as you say, give me about 3 examples, I'm sure you will all love doing this by how many people seem to be annoyed, and tell me why it's annoying. Because I'm interested on what part exactly is annoying everyone, and I'll see if I can change that at least. If you don't want to bother then don't.

I keep having to defend myself because people keep saying things that have explanations and using it as reasons over and over again, and as Rummy has said, if I think someone's logic is faulty, I want to point it out.

I feel people are being overly sensitive for a game, but since it is a general consensus, I will have to accept it.

One thing I'd like cleared up... Eenuh targeted Chairdriver and got Rez but Dannyboy targeted Rez and got Chairdriver. It's possible but it seems fishy to me. I wouldn't have thought Chair's power would have the effect of changing Rez's targets onto himself but more that anyone targeting Chair would think they're seeing Rez (or whoever he chooses) but will actually see Chair's actions.

So basically I'm wondering if Eenuh or Dannyboy is being untruthful with targets. It's all assumption on my part though, obviously I don't know what Chairdriver's full power was.

From a game mechanic perspective it would make sense as it is basically a targetter-switcher, but it doesn't make as much sense in the context of the story. If I was lying about my targets you'd have known as more people would've died at the hands of a gentleman without a black mask.

What I find odd is that the pianist seems to have a similar power to Jayseven.

However, that's based on night two where it appears that he's roleblocked everyone who's targeted his target (except for the killer). I would have expected this to be used more.

If this is the case then I doubt Jay is mafia.

However, it's entirely possible that Dan-likes-Trees targeted the pianist on the first night and he's a simple roleblocker who conveniently targeted two people who targeted The Peeps.

And another thing to think about

- Could Chair disguise himself AND perform a killing?

- If so, why did his killing fail (this may depend on how Jonnas orders targets)?

- If not then someone else roleblocked the killer.

I would imagine that Chair could pick a disguise and then go about his business of gathering info... It might be possible that he stays in the disguise of whoever he targeted last so if he tried to kill the night he died (hence no mafia night kill) he would still look like Rez. Chair failed to kill because Danny killed him first.

That's my theory anyway. Either that or Dannyboy is mafia and killed Chairdriver who appears evil due to his role but he's really not - but that's a hell of a longshot and I don't believe it.

I don't think Dan-Likes-Trees was active at all seeing as he was replaced by Diageo immediately. I highly doubt he sent a target.

On a side note first. What is worse? Calling actions childish and stupid and laughing at someone, or calling them directly annoying, rude, arrogant, pathetic, etc.? Just a little thing to think about, some people may disagree, but just something to think about.

Just as a psychological experiment, this seems fantastic.

Based on the last 7 or so pages.

People that vocalised the most discontent to me, in order of most discontent to least discontent.

- Nintendohnut

- Tales

- Ellmeister

- Dannyboy

- Mr Paul

- Rummy

- Cube

People who have voted for me, in order of most time vote on me. [estimate].

- Nintendohnut

- Ellmeister

- Rummy

- Tales

- Zell [Doesn't seem to have read the last few pages, if you have I apologise]

I like the way there seems to be a correlation between discontent for my behaviour and votes towards me, and even amount of time votes have stayed on me.

I find the results incredibly satisfying, which is why I have posted this now. Although yes it is mostly based on more recent pages, and many variables should be taken into consideration.

Now that I have finished the experiment, I can sincerely say I'm sorry, to all. I did not start with this in mind but when the first discontent appeared I found it interesting to try.

I'm sorry Nintendohnut, I shouldn't have laughed in your face. And my posts have been condescending and rude.

I'm sorry Tales, that my behaviour has made you dislike me.

I'm sorry Dannyboy for being so arrogant.

I'm sorry Ellmeister for what I did too.

Anyway there it is. Sure you can choose to think that this is all a lie, but I got what I wanted so feel free. When I asked HeroJan which posts where the worst, to give me examples of most annoying posts, he claimed it was more the general feeling of being talked down to, and unfriendliness. Which I found the most interesting.

In conclusion, personal feelings do affect reasoning. You may disagree, but you can at least be happy that I won't be "annoying" any more.

That is all.

I would like to thank you all for your participation, and hope you don't feel used, as that was not my intent, My intent was to make me think about cognitive processes that affect reasoning and choices, as well as making people think about how they act and process thoughts.

To stay on topic, I would like to Vote: Jayseven as it could give us some information.

I would imagine that Chair could pick a disguise and then go about his business of gathering info... It might be possible that he stays in the disguise of whoever he targeted last so if he tried to kill the night he died (hence no mafia night kill) he would still look like Rez. Chair failed to kill because Danny killed him first.

If chair was disguised as Rez the night before then he would have been the one punched right? But that was Rez.

Danny you definitely targeted Rez? And went after chairdriver instead? I wonder if it was a random chance for going after chair or rez, say 50:50, to allow for you "seeing" one of them first.