N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

Dammit, I can't read. Yeah I get you now, it swaps them both rather than just one. I guess I'll come forward with my power anyway.

I'm a tracker, or rather a reverse tracker, and so whoever I target, I find out who targetted them, and I've targetted Diageo the last two nights but obviously did not get a Diageo and so I was suspicious of him. It's obviously also how I knew you didn't target him, per se, but everyone else who said they had, had. I thought when you said that you did that you were jumping on the bandwagon to disguise your own actions of the night as it seemed so many people, including MadDog himself, had targetted MadDog.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ell is the briber isn't he? Zell says he was bribed to target Diageo but ended up with Ell. So whatever Zell's power is it affected Ellmeister instead of Diageo. I'm not sure if Ellmeister receives a pm of his target's actions or not but I think his target would've been Zell.

If Ellmeister isn't the briber then obviously that's all incorrect.

I pick 2 people. Anyone targeting A will target B instead and vice versa.

Saying 'somebody lied' could've referred to absolutely anyone.

---

Yeah I didn't want to come out with my role at the time so I just said that I targeted Diageo but got MadDog (those were my two targets that night). Diageo was coming under suspicion for my actions so I wanted to make it more obvious what had happened without actually role claiming.

Dammit, I can't read. Yeah I get you now, it swaps them both rather than just one. I guess I'll come forward with my power anyway.

I'm a tracker, or rather a reverse tracker, and so whoever I target, I find out who targetted them, and I've targetted Diageo the last two nights but obviously did not get a Diageo and so I was suspicious of him. It's obviously also how I knew you didn't target him, per se, but everyone else who said they had, had. I thought when you said that you did that you were jumping on the bandwagon to disguise your own actions of the night as it seemed so many people, including MadDog himself, had targetted MadDog.

Huh? Is that a mistake?

It was quite vague, but it was hardly enough to go on at the time, and not enough to be properly suspicious nor get a lynch off of, so I thought I'd wait and watch you and see if it led to anything, but I've given up on that now as it seems we're all going nowhere. I still think you're mafia, though. I wanted to do it without becoming any target for the mafia, but I'm giving up trying to be too smart about this.

And no, Diageo, I don't care to rethink. Your attitude does make me rather suspicious and everything else is so murky I'm not sure what to go with. If Jonnas calls time on the day then I'll probably change to gmac, but I'm coming straight after you next, unless a better target presents; I don't think we really have any at the moment?

Huh? Is that a mistake?

No it's not. Who did you target that night everyone was saying they targetted you, and what result did you get?

Okay, I believe maddog was being targetted. For I was told that he targetted himself.

Now either:

a) He is lying about targetting Diageo

b) He targetted Diageo who may have anyone targetting him redirected onto Maddog thus Maddog simply targetted himself.

I paid you by the way. That is indeeeeeeeed me.

Sorry I mean Diageo was redirected to maddog not Maddog was targetted.

This was when Ell got the same result, that you targetted yourself MadDog. I thought Ell might have had the same power as me and been mafia, so I asked him later, but then I concluded he was a normal tracker(in the sense of seeing who someone targets, rather than who targetted someone like I do), and tracked you.

Is this really the "attitude" of a mafia member?

Would I go so far to try and get ReZ killed, someone you also suspect is mafia?

Would I use my power to help the town if I was mafia?

You have nothing on me, except this talk of "attitude", and as evidence, it is meager at best.

Is this really the "attitude" of a mafia member?

Would I go so far to try and get ReZ killed, someone you also suspect is mafia?

Would I use my power to help the town if I was mafia?

You have nothing on me, except this talk of "attitude", and as evidence, it is meager at best.

Have you a better target for me? Have you not yourself taken the same view on aggressive players in other games? The argument about ReZ does not hold, because anyone could be mafia and so I have to suspect nearly everyone, and so just suspecting ReZ and you persecuting him also, does not rule him out, especially as if you are mafia, then you know he is not. I could be wrong about either, both, or neither of you, and will not know until the game ends or you both die. There was confusion over these pills you gave Nintendohnut, also, how have they helped the town? If you ARE town, then how can you be sure who is and isn't town to know you're definitely helping them? You've been protected from any powers twice, and this could be both you and Peeps as mafia ensuring you have a fair alibi. Can you fault any of this reasoning of mine?

I can fault it because I know I'm town :D

Obviously I don't know about Diageo 100% but the only real suspicion about him is these pills which Nintendohnut could be lying about.

The only reason I could have now for voting Diageo would be to see his alliance for sure. If he's good we go after Nintendohnut and if he turns out bad then that puts me in a bad light and heroicjanitor even more so.

I don't like the strategy of voting for someone just to see if they're good or not though, I'd rather leave it as it is.

Reiterate those reason's please MadDog.

I was one or two votes away from getting ReZ killed, would a mafia ever go that far to clear himself?

I know HeroicJanitor is town, because he has been defending me, and told everyone about the power of the pills. I am no longer sure about Nintendohnut because it appears he is lying.

The Peeps protected me because everyone is falsely accusing me, and he has some sense, because there is not proper evidence against me.

There was confusion over these pills you gave Nintendohnut, also, how have they helped the town? If you ARE town, then how can you be sure who is and isn't town to know you're definitely helping them?

The reason I defended Diageo from Nintendohnut was because the write-up says "(Nintenohnut) was visited by two men. One was handsome, and they had a polite talk. The second one took a look at him and gave him some sort of flask, its contents unknown to me."

So Diageo gave him something. He definitely gave me some tea so I think Nintendohnut is lying, or mistaken, for whatever reasons. Diageo giving Nintendohnut the pills would fit in with Diageo believing Rez was mafia.

Btw, what's Tales up to? Do we know much about him? Also, ReZ, whilst you can't vote, who WOULD you vote for, if you could?

I think Diageo is town, but he's being so aggressive towards everyone I'd vote him to just to get rid of him. :p

Nah, I do think he's being way too rude (considering this is a game where the whole point is accusations and suspicions) he seems to take any accusation as a personal attack on his family and instead of calmly pointing out reasons as to why he is townie he just goes mental.

But I'd be voting for gmac.

And I like you am slightly suspicious of Eenuh. Partly due to not much posting (which I'm sure we'll get a good excuse for) but mainly she said she was roleblocked the same day I was - a good excuse to not be the killer perhaps. And just other general suspicions of her.

Jonnas, you seem to have MadDog down twice.

Correct. He is no longer voting for Cube. Apologies.

----------------

Vote Standings

MadDog (1): Jayseven

gmac (4): The Peeps, Cube, Diageo, heroicjanitor

Diageo (5): Ellmeister, Nintendohnut, Rummy, MadDog

(9 is the majority)

How many times do I have to say this.

I CAN'T BE IMMUNE, I WAS TARGETED BY THE BUTLER AND THE EXOTIC MAN, WHICH THE NOTE PROVED.

But didn't you yourself claim earlier that you were immune to nightpowers? I recall you saying it was quite awesome that you only had to worry about getting lynched - which has become quite ironic in the present situation.

I am tired of defending myself by now. I can't watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as I have to keep coming back here. I'm going to college in a minute, won't be back until after 10. Aikido and Rockclimbing will be taking up my time.

Whenever you and Dannyboy are accused, you complain great lengths about how you are always accused, that everyone is twisting your words. I think you two take it personally.

At the end of the day, this is a game, and you people seem to be the ones taking it personally. I'm following logic. Maybe somewhat bluntly but this is not a debate in person, this is a game, with written text. Being offended by anything seems trivial.

But didn't you yourself claim earlier that you were immune to nightpowers? I recall you saying it was quite awesome that you only had to worry about getting lynched - which has become quite ironic in the present situation.

No I did not, I said IF, which Nintendohnut pointed out he made the same mistake as you.