NEurope
Ashley

I Met Sprout! And Iain Lee!

and I think I saw Daft getting on the 24 bus.

Covered the Britain's Best Nintendo Gamer final today and while there happened to run into Sprout who was one of the finalists. Got himself a 3DS (when its out) and all 1st party titles for a year. Let's lynch him! He was wearing a shirt by the wonderful Eenuh too.

And also met Iain Lee. Who admittedly I didn't know who he was but his name/face/voice did ring a bell. Comedian as it turns out. Nice man.

Not sure where I'm going with this. Thought I'd share. Turn this into whatever you want. Discussion of the above, or random happenstances with forum members (bonus points if its Happenstance) or moderate celebrities. Or celebrity moderators. Or whatever.

I know but the you-alike was with a woman and I thought maybe a sibling had dragged you on. Figured it wasn't you but did look similar.

That's just asking for some kind of Braveheart parody sketch whereby they charge onto the Tube, get squashed in and elbowed in the face and have to transfer a few times as there are random closures.

A) Sprout is awesome, and that is great news for him! Congratulations to him.

B) I love that he was wearing an Eenuh shirt. Literally too much N-Europe references/exposure/coverage at this event. Great.

C) I hate you/am jealous. I adore Iain Lee. He is one of my top two most amazing men on TV (the other being the similar and equally amazing Richard Bacon)

A) Sprout is awesome, and that is great news for him! Congratulations to him.

B) I love that he was wearing an Eenuh shirt. Literally too much N-Europe references/exposure/coverage at this event. Great.

C) I hate you/am jealous. I adore Iain Lee. He is one of my top two most amazing men on TV (the other being the similar and equally amazing Richard Bacon)

Ha. "If they'd paid £500 extra they could have got Richard Bacon" - Iain Lee.

He was a nice person and was kind enough to let me interview him and just have a general chat about gaming. Its a shame my camera fucked this up. I look devoid of eyes. And not in my normal squinty eyes way but as if skin has grown over the top of them.

I did love at the end we were both leaving. He said "I think my car is here" while I was thinking "gotta go get the bus..." :D

And I gave him my card so he may visit the site soon.

And I gave him my card so he may visit the site soon.

Oh GOD. Get him on the site. I cannot say how much I've always wanted to be personal friends with him.

Fuck. I'm gonna scare him away. Even if he does think I'm awesome (which obviously he will)

Oh God. Need. NEEEDDDD.

Please don't scare away your superiors.

Or anyone for that matter.

Please don't scare away your superiors.

To clarify, your proposing that I never talk to anyone ever.....

Please lord don't let iain lee on the forum. I'd forgotten about him totally until this terrible thread. I met Jamba and bluey a few times, nowadays we avoid each other.

Please lord don't let iain lee on the forum. I'd forgotten about him totally until this terrible thread.

Queu belle?

I met Jamba and bluey a few times' date=' nowadays we avoid each other.[/quote']

Queue bella belle?!

Sounds like theres a story between those statements/how can anyone dislike Iain "The Legend" Lee.

Really? I honestly don't understand how anyone could like him! Such an annoying plonker.

As for bluey and jamba, well, actually they are rather lovely people.

Don't worry Rez, if Ian Lee has already checked out the forum you've already scared him off, sorry.

I can see some kind of Sprout Xmas comic in all this, Sprout winning tons of games (lucky sod, lets get him), Ash and Ian Lee.... could be something in there for this years Comic Sprout?

Don't worry Rez, if Ian Lee has already checked out the forum you've already scared him off, sorry.

I can see some kind of Sprout Xmas comic in all this, Sprout winning tons of games (lucky sod, lets get him), Ash and Ian Lee.... could be something in there for this years Comic Sprout?

What I was thinking (at least before the event) was something to celebrate Mario's 25th anniversary, with 25 years worth of Mario references squeezed in. Was also thinking I might attempt to actually draw it this year, but that depends on how lazy I am. But I'll see what I can do for you, heh.

It was nice to meet ya Ashley! Playing Super Mario Bros. Wii and Donkey Kong Country Returns with you was a blast, even if we were both pretty bad, haha. We should have challenged Iain Lee and that Nintendo UK bloke (or maybe Mario?) to Goldeneye as well. Missed opportunity! Speaking of, Mr. Lee was pretty great... though I don't think anyone really knew who he was at the event (though if you gave him your card, I'm not sure I/we should be admitting this on the forums =P).

I always remember Iain Lee on the ill-fated RI:SE (Channel 4 breakfast show), talking about the week's upcoming movies. Goldeneye was on and he made a great comment about how it was a great film and a great N64 game. Utmost respect for him ever since then.

What I was thinking (at least before the event) was something to celebrate Mario's 25th anniversary, with 25 years worth of Mario references squeezed in. Was also thinking I might attempt to actually draw it this year, but that depends on how lazy I am. But I'll see what I can do for you, heh.

It was nice to meet ya Ashley! Playing Super Mario Bros. Wii and Donkey Kong Country Returns with you was a blast, even if we were both pretty bad, haha. We should have challenged Iain Lee and that Nintendo UK bloke (or maybe Mario?) to Goldeneye as well. Missed opportunity! Speaking of, Mr. Lee was pretty great... though I don't think anyone really knew who he was at the event (though if you gave him your card, I'm not sure I/we should be admitting this on the forums =P).

Was good to meet you too. Believe it or not I was better on DKCR this time than I was last time, which gives an indication of how bad I really am at games :heh:

I think challenging Mario would have been a bit unfair as he needed a helper just to walk, yet alone play! Although I didn't get a chance to play Goldeneye as I was doing my press duties of bugging people with questions.

I always remember Iain Lee on the ill-fated RI:SE (Channel 4 breakfast show), talking about the week's upcoming movies. Goldeneye was on and he made a great comment about how it was a great film and a great N64 game. Utmost respect for him ever since then.

He really did love Goldeneye. He kept referring to it and seemed really psyched about the Wii version too and was trying to blag a free copy.

THUMB BANDITS.

I think I walked past Slaggis when I visited sheffield. I put my hand up to hide my face and everything.

Forced myself onto Flinky a couple of times.

My friend saw Letty in a shop in Aberdeen. Weirdo knowing about her/what she looked like in the first place.

*leaves*

My friend saw Letty in a shop in Aberdeen. Weirdo knowing about her/what she looked like in the first place.

*leaves*

I've been in the pub/club she works in many times, though I've never actually noticed her whilst there. Probably because i'm drunk.

iainlee

@ReZourceman Would I get a badge? Ashley was very charming.

I'm not so convinced you met him now....he seems to think you were charming.