NEurope
Ronnie

iLife '11

Are they seriously charging £45 for the privilege of 'full screen mode' and better book making in iPhoto? W...T...F? It's taken a year and a half to come up with those as the main features? And they want to charge an upgrade price of £45?!

Movie trailers in iMovie, because that won't get old after a month or two.

Lamest upgrade ever. AT LEAST have a £15 upgrade price for existing users or something like that.

I guess don't buy it then if you don't think it's worth it.

I think it looks pretty good to be honest, it's been a fair while since the last one and this seems to add to it in all the right places. If I wasn't about to buy a new machine anyway I'd probably get the upgrade.

it's been a fair while since the last one

Exactly, and as such I'd expect better upgrades to iPhoto than 'full screen mode' which seems to be touted as its main feature.

I think with the social function improvements and the UI overhaul it's actually pretty decent. I'd buy it for the facebook stuff alone actually.

Seeing as all Macs ship with iLife, this is an upgrade. iPhoto doesn't really look like its improved very much, but the audio stuff in iMovie is something a lot of people have been waiting for from what I understand.

To be honest, its not really for me, I don't use iLife, I was more disappointed that they didn't talk about a new version of iWork.

Edited by Emasher

Lol another new Apple product another Apple hate thread ;)

Upgrades are pretty significant really, fair enough iPhoto hasn't changed much but iMovie is way way better.

Well at least it starts as a hatred thread rather than a thread about apple and then people came to hate :p

Yeah, we kind of got it out of the way early :)

They desperately needed to improve iMovie so let's hope there's more to that. iPhoto didn't need a huge amount of improvement apart from it needed a better social networking system so that should be interesting to see. As for garageband - they're just making it deeper, I don't see what else they can do with it really. I'm just interested to see what people have to say about them all when they're actually released and we know all the details. At the moment I'll not judge either way.

I'm hoping to get each app individually through the app store. I have used Garageband about 3 times in the last 4 years, so I'm not bothered about that. I use iPhoto a lot, and sometimes iMovie, so I'd rather just get the ones I'd use.

Picked this up today. Having only just installed it, I've only played about with the new iPhoto and it's a vast improvement. Really like all the Facebook integration, you can delete, add and comment on Photos on Facebook all from within iPhoto.